Does Axl still care about notoriety and being famous? Or does he not give a shit?

Well, he probably makes more in one show than we make a year. Maybe the Vegas Residency is good money.

Also, this is life. cds may not sell anymore but that could change. In 10 years who knows. seems unlikely though.

It's not all about money. GNR is his life, if anything he's going to want to do it justice. Not to mention the good times.

unless there's a reunion of the original group where Axl would actually have something to prove, I don't think we'll ever see that passion in him again

Well said. Still remember the 'I can do it like old times' attitude when he reunited with Duff in 2010.

Well, he probably makes more in one show than we make a year. Maybe the Vegas Residency is good money.

Also, this is life. cds may not sell anymore but that could change. In 10 years who knows. seems unlikely though.

It's not all about money. GNR is his life, if anything he's going to want to do it justice. Not to mention the good times.

I doubt that. How much do you think he's making per show? If 5000 seats are sold (which is about the size they play in the US) and the average ticket price is $75. That's $375,000. Separate that between the entire crew, the venue, the rest of the band, and all the amenities he/they travel with (along with travel cost) and I think you are looking at $10,000-$15,000. That is based on absolutely no knowledge mind you so I am probably wrong.

Obviously in South America he is making much more.

I think he does give a shit, but he can't quite figure how to put that into action. He's a procrastinator and a perfectionist... he's also spoiled - as Richie Sambora says "being a rockstar will make you a perpetual 17year old".

As for the money argument, I think Axl tours for more reasons than money, it's a factor but it's not enough. Guns probably don't make that much when you discount all the late fees they have to pay anyway and he has a lot of mouths to feed (not just the adopted family). Finally, if he wanted to make some real money and just live a rockstar life he has a number of options. Re-release classic material with bonus tracks, release the use your illusion film to cinema and sell it as "the biggest band in the world falling apart over two years" people would eat that up... I know i would. The next option is the most unlikely option, reunite with the key members of old guns and do a reunion tour.

I don't think he has gave up, but I do think he's at a loss as of what to do next - either through his own indecision or the fault of a disinterested record company.

I don't have a damn clue what Axl cares about. The fact he shows all but zero interest in moving this band forward and how they basically thrive off the old band's material, touring it to no end is all so weird to me. It's the exact opposite of what Axl wanted or at least what he said he wanted. He's become the very thing none of us expected, including himself I bet. So does Axl care about being famous? Maybe and maybe that's why he keeps the GnR name and relies so heavily on the old material. That way he's still Axl Rose of GUNS N ROSES!!! Or maybe he doesn't give a fuck and that's why he's now the lead singer in a GnR tribute band. Who the fuck knows.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

It's hard to believe how driven, hungry, success orientated the Axl of 1988-1992 was. He wanted to be seen on TV, in mags, attending various parties and "who's who?" events.

Now Axl would rather hide in his Malibu mansion, and not even be bothered to promote Chinese Democracy. I think Axl is now content with life and is no longer concerned with fame and celebrity as before.

I doubt that. How much do you think he's making per show? If 5000 seats are sold (which is about the size they play in the US) and the average ticket price is $75. That's $375,000. Separate that between the entire crew, the venue, the rest of the band, and all the amenities he/they travel with (along with travel cost) and I think you are looking at $10,000-$15,000. That is based on absolutely no knowledge mind you so I am probably wrong.

Obviously in South America he is making much more.

http://celebs.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978130062

Well they made 12 million for that tour from Asia and Canada starting in 09, Azzof wanted his 2 mil for not booking the tour.

So, 12 mil profit. I'd be surprised if Axl didn't get 2 mil of that money. How is he going to pay for his living expenses!

Edited by wasted

I don't believe Axl is that rich at all. If he was, I don't think he'd be touring like this. The guy took 12 years off and paid the salaries of fuck knows how many of Beta's family, plus gardeners, hairstylists, drivers, rent etc..its hard to fathom the money people at Axl's level spend but they get through it.

For example Britney Spears was listed as having expenses of $600,000 a MONTH when she was put into the care of her father. Scott Weiland, a much lower tier star has to find $60,000 a month for his ex-wife.

So I think Axl has to do this to pay Azoff and all the other failures, how much did all of these concert films and videos that never get shown cost? His NY apartment? Late Fees and private jets? His private Zoo?

Remember Metallica paid that fucking charlatan $40 grand a month to get them back together - everybody's costs seem to be massive.

Axl's been playing the same set, give or take one or two tunes, for years now. I think he enjoys the gigs on some levels but I doubt he wants to tour as much as he does. At 51, even with private jets etc, that shit must be exhausting.

He's a working lead singer and CEO of a large brand. Not how he imagined he'd end up I'm sure. But I certainly did not think at 19 that I'd end up looking like I do and living like I do so what is there to say? It is what it is, as wasted said, you get old.

Naw, he's out there to make money without having to resort to calling the real band, and admitting he was wrong and failed.

I don't think he hates touring. And I don't think he's broke. But I'm not at all getting the vibe he's out there because he loves us all so very much. There's no passion in the performances anymore, nor the intention to fix his shortcomings.

It's not a story of struggle, nor a story of desire. I think it's merely a story of keeping his lifestyle afloat until he feels secure enough to hang it up.

But that Axl that strived to prove a point and tried to put his career back on the front lines is dead and buried, folks. Clear as day.

Fair enough, I can see that

910200735934PM_nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

I feel like you're making fun of me in some way I'm not picking up on. :lol:

The "does it for the cash" argument is starting to sound unsound to me too. I'm such a fickle twit. How much richer is he from touring? How significant is that income?

No, I was being sincere. I just posted the "More You Know" thing because I honestly felt like I'd learned something about your POV.

I don't think he's in it for the money at all for several reasons not the least of which are the ones your raised just now. How much can the returns be on something like a 2014 GN'R tour when the dust settles?

Hilarious how some speak like they know Axl personally.

You all know fuck all.

I don't see anyone acting like they know Axl. I see people taking part in a discussion by proposing different scenarios. Seems pretty interesting and intelligent to me.

Fair enough, I can see that

910200735934PM_nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

I feel like you're making fun of me in some way I'm not picking up on. :lol:

The "does it for the cash" argument is starting to sound unsound to me too. I'm such a fickle twit. How much richer is he from touring? How significant is that income?

No, I was being sincere. I just posted the "More You Know" thing because I honestly felt like I'd learned something about your POV.

I don't think he's in it for the money at all for several reasons not the least of which are the ones your raised just now. How much can the returns be on something like a 2014 GN'R tour when the dust settles?

Hilarious how some speak like they know Axl personally.

You all know fuck all.

I don't see anyone acting like they know Axl. I see people taking part in a discussion by proposing different scenarios. Seems pretty interesting and intelligent to me.

People are not "discussing" they are assuming and assumptions create rumors and false realities.

• Like 1

shortcomings.

Shortcomings? LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

You're lucky if you have accomplished even close to 1% to what Axl has accomplished in his life.

He was presumably referring to his current shortcomings. Which are plentiful.

• Like 1

People are not "discussing" they are assuming and assumptions create rumors and false realities.

But that's ok once you're doing it right? pfftt....

Like Russ, a site MODERATOR said, its people just chatting and exploring ideas, take your fundamentalism down a notch.

What "rumor" could go out there at this stage. The guy has been playing the same fucking show for 8 years now. Whatever "rumor" could be made up has most certainly been done so. Years ago.

The fact is that the way Axl looks and works now has led many of us, all lifelong followers to believe that he's now in it just for the money.

To be fair to Axl, I think almost all rock stars his age are only in it for the money.

It can't be too interesting to be still singing a song you wrote about drugs and girls when you were 19 when you're in your late forties or fifties with a bad back, an even worse ex-wife, spoilt kids and a slew of bills to pay.

John Bon Jovi looks the part but do I see a passion and labor of love or a business?....I'm going to say a business. Probably wasn't always that way.

• Like 1