Does Axl still care about notoriety and being famous? Or does he not give a shit?

Relies heavily on old material!? so bloody stupid... yes! of course he plays a lot of old material that's what 90% of his audience have come to see. The band play a lot of the CD album live, but you can't expect them to play the whole thing during each set, why? well, it's not that popular 2. Axl can't pull off all the songs on the record every night. What person beyond this forum or other similar gnr fan forums actually want GnR to put "If the world" and "Prostitute" back into the set...? I'm going to wager that, there's very few - both are fine songs but people want YCBM and Civil War, we want new songs and new albums, the minority want new and the majority are happy to take nostalgia.

Fair enough, I can see that

910200735934PM_nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

I feel like you're making fun of me in some way I'm not picking up on. :lol:

The "does it for the cash" argument is starting to sound unsound to me too. I'm such a fickle twit. How much richer is he from touring? How significant is that income?

No, I was being sincere. I just posted the "More You Know" thing because I honestly felt like I'd learned something about your POV.

I don't think he's in it for the money at all for several reasons not the least of which are the ones your raised just now. How much can the returns be on something like a 2014 GN'R tour when the dust settles?

Hilarious how some speak like they know Axl personally.

You all know fuck all.

I don't see anyone acting like they know Axl. I see people taking part in a discussion by proposing different scenarios. Seems pretty interesting and intelligent to me.

People are not "discussing" they are assuming and assumptions create rumors and false realities.

Hahaha wow!. You post a comment bitching that people are acting like they know Axl personally then carry on with your weird obsessive routine of defending Axl as if YOU know the guy personally. Like he was your dad or something. Of course it's assumptions and speculation. Any moron knows that. That's what were doing here in case you haven't noticed. We're discussing, speculating, questioning, proposing theories of what may and may not be in Axl's head and bank account. If you can't handle that take a hike. Either way drop the righteous bullshit. All you do is speculate as well because news flash buddy, you DON'T know Axl either.

Relies heavily on old material!? so bloody stupid... yes! of course he plays a lot of old material that's what 90% of his audience have come to see. The band play a lot of the CD album live, but you can't expect them to play the whole thing during each set, why? well, it's not that popular 2. Axl can't pull off all the songs on the record every night. What person beyond this forum or other similar gnr fan forums actually want GnR to put "If the world" and "Prostitute" back into the set...? I'm going to wager that, there's very few - both are fine songs but people want YCBM and Civil War, we want new songs and new albums, the minority want new and the majority are happy to take nostalgia.

You clearly don't get it.

Edited by Bono

I think he did up until recently.

Up until the release of CD, he wanted to have fame again. He wanted to be known. He wanted to take over the music scene again. He could've, too, had he released CD back in 2002.

Even after CD. 2009 and 2010 he had energy. CD failed, but he wouldn't accept that. He thought he could still push it and so he did. He did a good job at it too and he could've pushed it further by doing tv performances, interviews, and releasing songs like TWAT, SR, and Prostitute as singles.

That said, around 2011 he lost it. I think he DID submit the next record to the record company and they denied it, and that's why he more or less gave up. His idea of CD being a trilogy was ruined. Years of his life were put into it and now he couldn't release it.

I think it was around rio where he realized his glory years were likely behind him. Look at him during patience. He just has no desire to be there. Think about it... 10 years ago he was there on that stage playing a huge concert. Back then there was another shot at fame. He could've made the new band famous with tons of new material. He should've been up on that stage in 2011 with buckethead, finck, and Brain playing multiple albums worth of material from the new band... He should've been up there with a huge crowd watching him. Instead, he's up there playing mostly old songs in the rain, with a new-new band that hadn't even written music together.

I'm not sure it's that he doesn't care about notoriety and being famous, I think he just thinks that it's not possible for him to have the fame he once had aside from the fame he gets from being a lunatic.

He'd retire and cut the payroll significantly if he didn't. Sure touring makes him money, but it also costs him a shit load too. He could downsize to a condo and live out his golden years quite comfortably if that's what he really wanted to do.

Except he seems to enjoy living like a rock star and being Master of his Domain and the money from touring enables him to do it the way he wants...........at least for now.............

I think he could still live the lifestyle without the touring, as he's already done for years before. Keep the big house in the fire zone, he probably won't get what he wants for it anyway, and ditch the employees to add bank. If he never tours again, I think he can survive. More than survive. Which is why I can't discount the idea that a need for fame is still ever present.

Sure but I think he enjoys the rock star life where he has a big entourage that caters to his every whim and being on the road............so I guess he does enjoy his fame to some extent but it is not for the big press it is more for the prestige it brings him...IMHO opinion of course as I don't want to offend Volcano's delicate sensibilities............. :lol:

• Like 1

Well, he probably makes more in one show than we make a year. Maybe the Vegas Residency is good money.

Also, this is life. cds may not sell anymore but that could change. In 10 years who knows. seems unlikely though.

It's not all about money. GNR is his life, if anything he's going to want to do it justice. Not to mention the good times.

I doubt that. How much do you think he's making per show? If 5000 seats are sold (which is about the size they play in the US) and the average ticket price is $75. That's $375,000. Separate that between the entire crew, the venue, the rest of the band, and all the amenities he/they travel with (along with travel cost) and I think you are looking at $10,000-$15,000. That is based on absolutely no knowledge mind you so I am probably wrong.

Obviously in South America he is making much more.

http://celebs.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978130062

Well they made 12 million for that tour from Asia and Canada starting in 09, Azzof wanted his 2 mil for not booking the tour.

So, 12 mil profit. I'd be surprised if Axl didn't get 2 mil of that money. How is he going to pay for his living expenses!

I guess that is a fair assumption. In that case, yes he does make more than us in a year :lol: