Do you think Axl needs a few years off?

he needs to retire.

or reunite with gnr

I was always under the impression that a band had to break up before they could reunite?

Fortunately for fans like me who absolutely love today's lineup, they'll be reuniting in South America in a couple of short months. Only reunion I need.

wow

Surely to qualify for 'time off' you need to have done some serious 'time on' first.

Get on the running machine, get the voice up to speed. Go blow South America away and get your fans excited. Then release an album, leftovers, new stuff, covers -who cares just release stuff like bands are supposed to.

Its only music, he's spent too many years with his knickers in a twist and he's wasted a god given gift.

As much as I love seeing GNR in concert (8 times) even with Axl's on/off vocal range. I was wondering if Axl needs to take 2-3 years off.

during the 02 tour Axl voice was bad, he took like 3 1/2 years off and when they played in 06 his voice while not perfect was in pretty good shape, not to mention he was in good shape himself. They did 70ish shows and then took another 2 1/2 year break (minus the short 07 tour) then when they came back in late 09/early 10 Axl was in top form vocally and pretty good physically. Since then they have toured regularly taking only a few months off at a time and his voice and physical appearance have suffered

Just wondering if Axl needs the time off to get his motivation back to be in top form vocally and better physically. He may be lacking the motivation to put in the dedication to be in top form to tour as a regular routine of touring can be boring for him. Maybe he should do 70 shows then take 3 years off, do 70 more shows take a few more years off....etc.

I'll still attend shows in my area regardless. Just a thought of why his voice is suffering the last 2 years.

I don't think he's bored with touring, and he's taken months off from the road. We know he has something going on with his leg.

No way.

While this CD touring has went on FOREVER, they really don't crush the road that hard each year. They aren't doing 150 shows a year. I posted some stats about six months ago, I don't recall the exact numbers but I think during the last four years of touring they only averaged like 70 shows a year.

Axl has had plenty of time off.

What he needs is to get fired up again. To get that creative spark going. To have a product he wants to go out on the road and promote.

He needs that fire to go out and share new music with his millions of fans, and to help launch this current band into GnR hall-of-fame level.

He needs a new album that he is excited to go out and promote.