Do you think they should play Breakdown & Locomotive on the next tour?

wanna impress me motherfuckers?!??! wanna impress me..uh uh???....

then play EVERYTHING ...every song from the first to last note of the concert from music that THIS line up has written... thats the shit were talking about.. quit fucking around trying to be the legacy band because you never can nor shall you ever be...so balls up and do your own shit... thats what I think they should do...

• Like 1

then play EVERYTHING ...every song from the first to last note of the concert from music that THIS line up has written... thats the shit were talking about.. quit fucking around trying to be the legacy band because you never can nor shall you ever be...so balls up and do your own shit... thats what I think they should do...

But most people want to hear the classics. I agree they should play more songs from Chinese and beyond, but a Guns show is not really a Guns show without WTTJ, SCOM, Paradise City, YCBM, Nightrain, Brownstone, November Rain, etc..

Lmao.....that would be the world's shortest concert cause this band has written shit as its currently constructed

Locomotive Axl could just stand at the mic with some strobe lights, it's almost an instrumental with Axl babbling along. It's all in one range.

Breakdown I think the music would carry it, when the piano comes in is so epic and Axl doesn't have to sing over a barrage or anything. On the chorus a couple could sing backing vocals.

I've seen them do Shackler's and sound like the album version, they can do this.

Wouldn't mind hearing either song played, but I'd still like to hear them pull out Yesterdays.

That song features some of Axl's grittiest, throat-iest vocal performances, so I'm not sure what it would sound like nowadays. I noticed it's one of the only tracks he didn't even ATTEMPT to re-do his vocals on for Live Era, which indicates to me maybe it's just not a song he can really pull off anymore. I'd still love to hear it played, though.

For us GNR nerds or whatever it would definitely be cool, not cool for Joe Six Pack (who I can only assume heavily outnumbers "us" at GNR concerts)

Do they have Joe Six packs everywhere? Maybe somewhere like Brazil it would work or a festival, but a GNR show in some hockey arena in the midwest…do they have ice rinks in the midwest? imagine red necks beating each other up with ice skates. that's going to get ugly real fast.

Edited by wasted

I don't really see the problem with doing a song like Locomotive or Breakdown. They're about as well known as Estranged and certainly more well-known than any of the Chinese Democracy material.

Vocally, I think they're both less taxing on the voice than Estranged. Well, put it this way, I can just about pull off Locomotive, but when I try the end of Estranged I sound like a dying cat.

For us GNR nerds or whatever it would definitely be cool, not cool for Joe Six Pack (who I can only assume heavily outnumbers "us" at GNR concerts)

Do they have Joe Six packs everywhere? Maybe somewhere like Brazil it would work or a festival, but a GNR show in some hockey arena in the midwest…do they have ice rinks in the midwest? imagine red necks beating each other up with ice skates. that's going to get ugly real fast.

I honestly don't know, but I just really like saying/typing Joe Six Pack :headbang:

I honestly don't know, but I just really like saying/typing Joe Six Pack :headbang:

I'm going to look out for them at the next GNR show. Captain Six Pack has competition.

if joe six-pack was alive when use your illusions came out, guaranteed he knows those songs too.

if he's uptight when they play those songs, let him go grab a beer or a whiz break while I enjoy them.

Joe six pack. Yeah, it's fun typing it. I've seen a lot of those when Gn'R came here in 2012. Kept yelling "SLASH!!1" before the show. Really helped making the experience more genuine as a new Gn'R show.

After the show those who yelled Slash said it was a great fucking show but they were really drunk so I don't know.