Robin Finck about Axl and Chinese

Haven't posted here in a while, will try and sum up as I see it 5 years after my last post!
I went to see GN'R at Leeds 2002, I think most people left there generally impressed, and in particular I think Buckethead gained a few extra fans.. I wasn't blown away by Robin, in fact I was pretty annoyed that he messed up the solo for 'The Blues/Street of Dreams', but when the leaks came you finally got to hear how good a player he was and his contribution to NuGuns. I for one was gutted when I heard he left, he wrote some great pieces of music for ChiDem and now we are stuck with #Ashbaswag....grrr...
Robin rarely does interviews though so was good to read this, just wish Axl had got the damn record out a couple of years before, we might still have Robin and Bucket in the band :( I really hope if Axl releases a new album he doesn't have DJ and Bumble re-record over Robin and Buckets parts, Bumble is part of the reason I can't listen to ChiDem (I Listen to the leaks more than the album, that album was good to go a good few years before 2008).

Haven't posted here in a while, will try and sum up as I see it 5 years after my last post!

I went to see GN'R at Leeds 2002, I think most people left there generally impressed, and in particular I think Buckethead gained a few extra fans.. I wasn't blown away by Robin, in fact I was pretty annoyed that he messed up the solo for 'The Blues/Street of Dreams', but when the leaks came you finally got to hear how good a player he was and his contribution to NuGuns. I for one was gutted when I heard he left, he wrote some great pieces of music for ChiDem and now we are stuck with #Ashbaswag....grrr...

Robin rarely does interviews though so was good to read this, just wish Axl had got the damn record out a couple of years before, we might still have Robin and Bucket in the band :( I really hope if Axl releases a new album he doesn't have DJ and Bumble re-record over Robin and Buckets parts, Bumble is part of the reason I can't listen to ChiDem (I Listen to the leaks more than the album, that album was good to go a good few years before 2008).

I just think he went under the radar for a while, but I never got the impression he's anti-interview. I think people should be asking more about his opinion on Interscope at the time, because Trent's no longer with that label so he can probably afford to name names. I've noticed if you want to get someone to badmouth someone else in the entertainment industry, don't go with the top dogs with lawyers on retainer, but if you target people in their circle by name (like Skwerl had namedropped people who were a part of making his life hell), you'll get a lot more out of them.

We know there was some band "incest" going on with APC, NIN, and GNR, and there has to be more who had been involved at the time.

I was looking up tabs on Ultimate Guitar and found this interview he did on January 17th. Merge or delete if this has been talked about already. Some interesting questions are asked about his relationship with Axl, how he feels about Slash, and the making of Chinese Democracy.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/robin_finck_ive_been_very_blessed_with_the_opportunities_and_ive_enjoyed_saying_yes_to_them.html

Edit: Sorry just realized there is already a thread for this.

Edited by Rauschen