Do you guys think Axl misses just having friends?

I mean, considering everyone in his entourage is getting paid and work for him(Del, Dizzy, TB, Ashba etc), do you guys think there are times where Axl reminisces and misses having the old guys around him back in the day before Appetite where they were there because they had a bond? No monetary incentive? I think he does. I know I reminisce on old times(I'm 28 but anyway) with people I became estranged from and even dislike now. What do you guys think?

I don't care honestly. I just want him to release music. I don't understand the fascination with his personal life (not singling out the OP in any way).

His girlfriends, cars and stained underpants are of no interest to me.

I feel the same way a lot of the time however, see below:

It is like Elvis and The Memphis Mafia.

It's people like Elvis, MJ and so on that make me wonder about these things with Axl. I watched the Behind The Music on Stevie Nicks once and she was talking about not having any "real friends" and how it wears on you. She had one real friend who knew her before she was "the famous Stevie Nicks" and that person passed away from cancer in the early 80s. She was saying it totally changed her life because every one she knew from that point on was someone who might call her friend because they wanted something from her and not because they were really her friend.

I believe so. I don't want to turn this into Axl vs. Slash but just imagine the great time Slash had recording his 1st solo album. A lot of friends, different ideas, different styles, fun songs, no bullshit.

Now compare it to the CD sessions. Just by the tone of the songs, it's clear it wasn't a fun ride. Can you imagine Axl and the guys having a drink together after a song was finished?

They are different people, complete opposites I guess. But I'd prefer to be in Slash's place.

I don't care honestly. I just want him to release music. I don't understand the fascination with his personal life (not singling out the OP in any way).

It's people like Elvis, MJ and so on that make me wonder about these things with Axl. I watched the Behind The Music on Stevie Nicks once and she was talking about not having any "real friends" and how it wears on you. She had one real friend who knew her before she was "the famous Stevie Nicks" and that person passed away from cancer in the early 80s. She was saying it totally changed her life because every one she knew from that point on was someone who might call her friend because they wanted something from her and not because they were really her friend.

I think Team Brazil isolate Axl far too much - whether that is intentional or not is probably for another thread - but I don't think it is healthy at all. Beta in particular seems to be Axl's shadow, to the point that the only time she isn't glued to his side is when he is actually onstage. And at that she even makes the odd appearance. It is weird, especially considering they are not in a relationship.

• Like 3

It would completely ignorant to think Axl doesn't have friends outside of TB.

We know very little of his private life, I am sure there are high profile circles of friends, millionaires clubs, Ferrari clubs...etc that he could be apart off.

With the 'old guys' he still speaks to izzy and Duff. Matt and Gilby were just musicians that were brought in, I don't think there was any deep friendship there.

He probably missus his old self in terms of how physically fit he was, but even then during his peak on the illusions tour he was plagued by problems with woman which would ultimately delay the shows.

Edited by Axl_morris

I think Team Brazil isolate Axl far too much - whether that is intentional or not is probably for another thread - but I don't think it is healthy at all. Beta in particular seems to be Axl's shadow, to the point that the only time she isn't glued to his side is when he is actually onstage. And at that she even makes the odd appearance. It is weird, especially considering they are not in a relationship.

Having absolutely no inside info whatsoever, I sometimes wonder if what looks to us like being over protective might be just to right amount to TB. As many have said, it's really none of our business, but it does cross my mind due to similar things happening to other artists I've liked.

It would completely ignorant to think Axl doesn't have friends outside of TB.

We know very little of his private life, I am sure there are high profile circles of friends, millionaires clubs, Ferrari clubs...etc that he could be apart off.

With the 'old guys' he still speaks to izzy and Duff. Matt and Gilby were just musicians that were brought in, I don't think there was any deep friendship there.

He probably missus his old self in terms of how physically fit he was, but even then during his peak on the illusions tour he was plagued by problems with woman which would ultimately delay the shows.

"We know very little about his private life"- I completely agree. The only comparison I could make was the one I made earlier about Stevie Nicks. None of us know who Axl might call "friend" these days, but I still wonder how many people are in his life that knew him before he was famous. The only thing I have to go off on that comparison is what Stevie was saying on her Behind The Music and how it effected her. Obviously she's a different person from Axl so who knows if/how that type of thing would even effect him.

I think that´s only part of the problem. Axl is a grown up. He could pick up the phone and call people. But he can´t handle it when a friend tells him he is wrong about something. Or when a friend has a different point of view. May be only Izzy to some extend might be allowed. Yeah you can say that TB and Del James could try to help him to be more reasonable. Maybe they have tried in the past and they saw it was a waste of time and effort.

• Like 1

Where is Paul Huge?

Where is Paul Huge?

Who knows. Like many of us keep saying, none of us know what goes on in his private life.

The man's still a human being..It's got to be a lot tougher than we can wrap our heads around..I'm sure he doesn't trust anyone (I wouldn't either), and so he sticks to what he knows (TB)..And you know what..there's nothing wrong with that..it's his life..

The man's still a human being..It's got to be a lot tougher than we can wrap our heads around..I'm sure he doesn't trust anyone (I wouldn't either), and so he sticks to what he knows (TB)..And you know what..there's nothing wrong with that..it's his life..

I think you're right there, to me although he is always surrounded by 'young' beautiful women they are likely not his close friends, most of the time he seems to be with TB & their partners. I think him at the Golden Globe Awards party showed how lonely he looks surrounded by people. He doesn't seem to have a 'bestie' or a steady relationship with a partner but a 'third party' to other couples. Maybe he prefers that but he doesn't seem to be the type of person who shuns people, an interview from old he commented that people want to go out with 'Axl Rose' - not him as a person. That's sad.