TMS interview removed

Axls TMS interview has been taken down from the VH1 site "we're sorry this video isn't currently available, but will be again soon" why are all the other episodes available? surely there isn't a block coming from the GnR camp, that interview did more good for Axl than any other thing he's done in the past 20+ years.

Another message says "this video is unavailable, we're doing our best to bring it back"... yikes!

Edited by Tom2112

are you sure all the other episodes are available? i'm pretty sure it's one of those cases where, after a certain amount of time, the online license expires. i think jimmy kimmel's interviews are all pulled after a year or so, for example. (i'm pretty sure axl's interview with him is also gone, but i could be wrong.)

i wouldn't read into it too much. ;)

are you sure all the other episodes are available? i'm pretty sure it's one of those cases where, after a certain amount of time, the online license expires. i think jimmy kimmel's interviews are all pulled after a year or so, for example. (i'm pretty sure axl's interview with him is also gone, but i could be wrong.)

i wouldn't read into it too much. ;)

You're right! jumped the gun, just realized it myself :blink: well this can be deleted, we don't need anymore negativity, especially when it's inaccurate :D (slap on the wrist... back to my cave)

Yeah, I was checking VH1 classics channel and they show every other TMS but Axl's interview. Maybe Axl wants too much money and they won't pay him?

I did record it on a vhs tape, so I still have it, but since I changed cable companies, I lost the copy that was on my dvr. I wish they would show in on tv again.

It's just weird that they don't show it anymore.

Maybe Axl wants too much money and they won't pay him?

I did record it on a vhs tape,

1. Axl can't charge them rights to being on their show. The only thing I can think of is that there was a limited number of times the performance footage can be used due to publishing rights.

2. Why the hell did you record it on a vhs tape?

would really love to see this again. anyone have links to where it is? I'm assuming since this interview was actually released and broadcasted as official material, it's ok to ask for links, right? If not, my apologies.

Recap:

Axl has always been late.

Axl didn't care about Slash/Duff during the UYI tour cos they didn't care about him.

Axl doesn't sue near the amount of people that he would like to.

DJ bobs his head up and down with a slight grin every time Axl opens his mouth.

No thank you necessary. I enjoy saving people 40 minutes of their lives when I can.

LOL. Pretty good recap. And Trunk lobbed softball after softball.

would really love to see this again. anyone have links to where it is? I'm assuming since this interview was actually released and broadcasted as official material, it's ok to ask for links, right? If not, my apologies.

Recap:

Axl didn't care about Slash/Duff during the UYI tour cos they didn't care about him.

No thank you necessary. I enjoy saving people 40 minutes of their lives when I can.

True, but in a bit of fairness to him, it was like 6:30 in the morning. Not sure I'd be prepared to ask too much then either.

Recap:

True, but in a bit of fairness to him, it was like 6:30 in the morning. Not sure I'd be prepared to ask too much then either.
Fair point....forgot about that. The TMS guys did (later) talk about how it was 5 or 6 AM ish when Axl showed up. Wonder why Ashba came with?

Recap:

Fair point....forgot about that. The TMS guys did (later) talk about how it was 5 or 6 AM ish when Axl showed up. Wonder why Ashba came with?

Maybe in case there was an epic bar brawl that DJ had to kick some ass in... You know what's up... Get Axl's back or you'll get the corn!

Grow up, guys.

It was a softball interview, yeah, but that's pretty much what we all knew it would be going in. Anyone who listened to Trunk's radio interview with Axl should have known what to expect. You're all being really petty with the DJ digs and criticizing them for asking soft questions -- simply put, Axl wouldn't have agreed to the interview if they'd brought up the riskier questions, and DJ was definitely there as a kind of support figure so he wouldn't be alone. It was a comfort zone thing. If you think that's humorous then fine, but I don't really think it's that surprising and frankly I was just happy to see Axl doing some press for the first time in ages.

This is the point where I sometimes wonder why some 'fans' still hang around... I'm all for constructive criticism, and if you want to complain about Axl not being asked harder questions or DJ being there, fair enough (if you do so maturely and in a civilized manner). But the gleeful way some people joke about this stuff, it all comes across very petty and bitter, almost like anything Axl did would have been met with your jokes and derision. Trust me, I totally get that being a GN'R/Axl fan can be frustrating at times, but I don't understand people who seem to get their kicks by completely mocking some of the more earnest things he does.

• Like 1

Some more recap...

-"Stuff" prevents Axl from being on time for Guns N' Roses shows

-The rant in "Get in the Ring" was entirely Duff and Slash's idea and they completely abandoned him when the shit hit the fan

In all seriousness though, it would be dumb to expect Trunk to actually throw out hard questions. As Estranged Reality pointed out, it was the same vibe as the 2006 interview. More, "let's chat" with a few serious questions thrown in every now and again (or when Axl decided to drop something). Actually, if you really compare the 2006 and 2011 interviews, they got a lot more out of Axl than the first time.

Some more recap...

-"Stuff" prevents Axl from being on time for Guns N' Roses shows

-The rant in "Get in the Ring" was entirely Duff and Slash's idea and they completely abandoned him when the shit hit the fan

In all seriousness though, it would be dumb to expect Trunk to actually throw out hard questions. As Estranged Reality pointed out, it was the same vibe as the 2006 interview. More, "let's chat" with a few serious questions thrown in every now and again (or when Axl decided to drop something). Actually, if you really compare the 2006 and 2011 interviews, they got a lot more out of Axl than the first time.

It was worse than the 2006 interview. The 2006 interview was genuinely chill. This one was supposed to be a regular interview. As usual, they only allowed them to do it AFTER a full GNR show and Axl didn't show up for the interview until 4 am so everyone, except Axl, was exhausted. Axl played them in what could have been a great interview. If anyone was gonna give Axl a fair shake, it would have been Trunk, and as usual Axl fucking blew it. There was no way this interview could have been bad, yet Axl succeeded in making it so.

I don't know if we got anything good out of the whole interview. Also, I think the Get In The Ring thing wasn't Slash. I don't remember him saying Slash. I remember him saying Duff and someone else, but I don't think it was Slash. I'm pretty sure Slash didn't get a mention the entire night. Also, one of the dumbest things ever was having DJ Ashba there. Just ended up looking beyond ridiculous because he didn't say a word (not his fault, there was no reason for him to be there).

I thought it was a pretty good interview. He talked about the 90s a lot more than I thought he would. Hell, I mean, he was talking about issues going on in the 90s as though it was just yesterday! Which, in my opinion, I thought was pretty awesome. He was shedding light on stuff that some of us had been wondering about for years now, and it was just casually answered lol. I love the guy.