Does Axl have any intention whatsoever of doing anything original with the current version of Guns N Roses?

In the last few years the number of Chinese songs in the setlist have decreased considerably.

They've started to resemble one of those nostalgia touring bands like Thin Lizzy, who play together year in year out

That's because they stopped touring Chinese in 2010. During 2011-2013 they just toured the entire GNR catalogue.

Aside from the fact that a lot of Lizzy's important members have passed way, they've actually evolved into the Black Star Riders (and just completed touring their new record).

Eh only the most important member, Phil Lynott, has passed away mate....the other three, Robo, Scott Gorham and the drummer Brian Downey are still alive and kicking..............

I hope Axl will eventually release new music with the current band, and not CHiDem leftovers, but I am not holding my breath..............

In the last few years the number of Chinese songs in the setlist have decreased considerably.

They've started to resemble one of those nostalgia touring bands like Thin Lizzy, who play together year in year out

That's because they stopped touring Chinese in 2010. During 2011-2013 they just toured the entire GNR catalogue.

Aside from the fact that a lot of Lizzy's important members have passed way, they've actually evolved into the Black Star Riders (and just completed touring their new record).

Eh only the most important member, Phil Lynott, has passed away mate....

Dude, Lynott was the heart and soul of Lizzy. Worth mentioning Gary Moore, too.

I think I said that about Lynott didn't I?...and as talented as Gary Moore was he was just passing through Thin Lizzy as he only made the "Black Rose" album with them...............Snowy White made more music, 2 albums, with Thin Lizzy then Gary Moore did so I hardly think Gary was one of the "important" members of that band...............fans consider the "Live and Dangerous" lineup of Lynott, Gorham, Robo, and Downey to be Thin Lizzy..........

Edited by classicrawker

I think I said that about Lynott didn't I?...and as talented as Gary Moore was he was just passing through Thin Lizzy as he only made the "Black Rose" album with them...............Snowy White made more music, 2 albums, with Thin Lizzy then Gary Moore did so I hardly think Gary was one of the "important" members of that band...............fans consider the "Live and Dangerous" lineup of Lynott, Gorham, Robo, and Downey to be Thin Lizzy..........

Either way, I absolutely love the Lizzy.

Either way, I absolutely love the Lizzy.

No doubt NGOG...and I am not diminishing Moore's playing with Liszzy as I got to see that version of the band and the concert was excellent but it didn't hold a candle to the show I saw with Robbo and Gorham............

If you love Lizzy you really need to get this boot.

http://www.collectorsmusicreviews.com/shades-label/thin-lizzy-wild-eyed-boys-shades-464/

The Chicago show is amzing and shows the band before they started to fall apart...........

What was the media crew hinting at when they said there's still more to come or words to a similar effect? What was in the pipeline? Anything?

Its time to spill!

I know that you guys have been looking for an update for some time now. This is not that update, but we do hope that you can hold on just a bit longer, and if not, please feel free to take a break.

HV, Subs and the Media Team are putting together a game plan to give you what you need the most, information.

But, I can tell you this: Guns N' Roses fans have every reason to celebrate, for this is only the beginning.

Thank you for your loyalty, and know that there will something coming up soon.

• Like 1

Signs point to no?

If I was a person desperate to wait for some new imaginary GNR album, I would begin doing so the moment Axl removes like half of the current line up. It is clear he has no desire/motivation for any kind of creative effort with em. Booting them would imply things are in motion. Current GNR is a long dead, mounted corpse.

When it turns out that nothing new comes out of this upcoming tour but further milking of a previous band's legacy, will the management here at least single out their source who promised this new material? Otherwise, it could give the impression that the forum was just looking for increase activity, or in some manner had their palm greased in order to help the band sell more tickets. Not saying that IS what happened, but basically, I think transparency will be essential in order to maintain credibility with the members, otherwise it could lead to assumptions being made.

Edited by Indigo ChiId

Every GnR performance for the last thirteen years has revolved around AFD and CD, with some UYI songs and some covers.

So they've done justice to the entire GNR catalogue, what's wrong with that?

Well.....that's a matter of opinion :)

My favourite part of this thread is that it turns up in the thread list as "Does Axl have any intention of doing anything..."

It's a fair question.

• Like 1

I think Axl seems to prefer the outtakes and songs in waiting from his dearly departed than he does anything from the new boys.

Even if that is not true, Axl appears to be a man who gets hung up on trying to stay linked to certain periods in his life where he was "happy". This behaviour stops him moving forward as it keeps him thematically locked in - hence the old band frustration with the big piano in the studio and the pursuit of ballads, he missed Stef for years and seemed determined to see the story put down to his music.

He seems really keen to tell his story via his records, talking about trilogies of albums and linking songs together between each album etc.

All great stuff I think...BUT...

Axl does not seem to be interested in telling his story via his music any more.

He's 51, maybe that kind ambition he fostered as a young man seems trite and naive to him now.

I think Axl seems to prefer the outtakes and songs in waiting from his dearly departed than he does anything from the new boys.

Even if that is not true, Axl appears to be a man who gets hung up on trying to stay linked to certain periods in his life where he was "happy". This behaviour stops him moving forward as it keeps him thematically locked in - hence the old band frustration with the big piano in the studio and the pursuit of ballads, he missed Stef for years and seemed determined to see the story put down to his music.

He seems really keen to tell his story via his records, talking about trilogies of albums and linking songs together between each album etc.

All great stuff I think...BUT...

Axl does not seem to be interested in telling his story via his music any more.

He's 51, maybe that kind ambition he fostered as a young man seems trite and naive to him now.

It don't really matter, gonna find out for yourself, no it don't really matter, gonna leave this thing to somebody else

The idea that Axl has matured and is now happy and doesn't care about how people see him is perhaps the dumbest and most ignorant opinion about the current situation possible, given everything that we know about Axl.

It's not even the worst excuse I've heard people make for him....

answer to OP:NO.

W.Axl Rose is fading away before our very eyes.

my idol once upon a time.

my walls covered with GNR posters.

I think it's over now.

I don't see any change in Axl and he used 60 years on CD.

he needs to change work ethics and most importantly,change as a person,to create new art.

I just don't see that happening.

I wonder why Bumble doesn't leave.the money HAS to be really good.

The idea that Axl has matured and is now happy and doesn't care about how people see him is perhaps the dumbest and most ignorant opinion about the current situation possible, given everything that we know about Axl.

It's not even the worst excuse I've heard people make for him....

Don't fuck with my rhetoric, bitch.

• Like 1