Who would you like to replace Dj?

Who would you like to replace Dj?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Didn't Axl wanted Zakk Wylde in Gn'R? It would be cool to have some downtuned riffs.

Would certainly put some balls back into the band..................

Balls? Obviously, someone must have missed out on DJ pausing between the opening riffs of CD, with his hand against the ear, waiting for crowd applause. Someone must have missed Ron having his mouth wide open as he bobs his head back and forth to give the impression that he's rocking out. And someone must have repeatedly missed Richard's signature move of slamming his pick against his guitar? I wouldn't exactly call all of that small balls, my friend.

Edited by Indigo ChiId

Zakk Wylde wouldn't last with GNR, he wouldn't stand for the bullshit.

The 80's-mid 90's Zakk would have been cool, but the current, over the top, tasteless Zakk of today would just butcher the songs in a different way.

Slash, Izzy and Duff, with Sorum I guess (Adler during sober periods) and cut Tommy, Richard, Pitman and Frank loose to realise their creative dreams.

I really dislike threads like this. Back when buckethead was in the band everyone complained he was a freak. Now some want him back.

You people are never happy no matter who's in the band. Dj is a great guitar player, perhaps his looks could be toned down. He's cool

with Axl, he's reliable and I can tell he hates when Axl screws up a song and he tries to keep playing. I give him credit for being a nice guy

and staying in a band that is notorious for being unreliable.

Edited by 31illusions

I really dislike threads like this. Back when buckethead was in the band everyone complained he was a freak. Now some want him back.

You people are never happy no matter who's in the band. Dj is a great guitar player, perhaps his looks could be toned down. He's cool

with Axl, he's reliable and I can tell he hates when Axl screws up a song and he tries to keep playing. I give him credit for being a nice guy

and staying in a band that is notorious for being unreliable.

No. On so many levels.

What's up with this insane notion here that Buckethead would EVER become Axl's employee again?

It's a lot more palatable than admitting that no musician with self respect and/or professional prospects will ever work with Axl again.

Pretty much.

I think a classic reunion is more likely than Bucket returning.

Ashba is a f@g

I'd usually just hide these kinds of posts but I want to make kind of a public example of it for a moment: This is exactly the kind of thing we aren't going to allow here, and never have allowed.

You can absolutely voice your disdain for DJ, but do so maturely and in a civilized manner. Don't use gay slurs or petty insults, it diminishes your own argument and there will be repercussions.

I hate moderating people but there's often a point where we have to reinforce common civility which, to be honest, is kind of disappointing, but whatever.

Ashba is a f@g

This is exactly the kind of thing we aren't going to allow here, and never have allowed.

THANK YOU. God damn, who the fuck in this day and age uses gay slurs as insults? Seeing all these slurs makes me cringe and makes this forum look like a bunch of obese racists hiding out in the woods.

Buckethead and Fink are by far much better guitar players than DJ. It doesn´t take rocket science to see that. However I don´t want Bucket nor Fink back in GN´R. In the case of Bucket, yes he is too much of freak! I don´t mean his mask or yellow raincoat only. I don´t want in GN´R a guy who needs some kind of hen house and dog shit around him in order to make music. Despite the fact that the guy is very talented.

Besides all those replacement guys get a lot more exposure. They make new fans for themselves. They sell more tickets for their own shows. They sell more of their own discography to those new fans. But their own original fan base don´t give a flying fuck about GN´R. How many original Bucket fan base guys rush to buy CD? How many original NIN fans rush to buy CD because of Fink? Maybe 2 or 3. So Axl ends up in the losing side of this deal. And this is one of the reasons why I don´t like the new band. None of the many people that some point played in GN´R made history with the band. They haven´t helped to make the band more relevant, bigger and better than what it was.

Ashba is a f@g

This is exactly the kind of thing we aren't going to allow here, and never have allowed.

THANK YOU. God damn, who the fuck in this day and age uses gay slurs as insults? Seeing all these slurs makes me cringe and makes this forum look like a bunch of obese racists hiding out in the woods.

Agreed. I don't know a single homosexual who doesn't dress WAY better than DJ. And that includes Elton John.

• Like 1

I don't get all this hate towards DJ. Many people don't like him because the TIL solo ain't the same as Robin's in studio or because he doesn't do the whole 9 yards on SCOM. Anyway if we look back into his own catalogue, I think there's a lot of hope as regards good music in the future. His solo algum (Addicted to Friction) has some very good moments, great riffs and great solos. The first Beautiful Creatures album is also very good and his guitar solos are very good as well. Even though many people don't dig Sixx AM, there are some great material there. For all I heard so far (people should also look for Beuatiful Creatures live on youtube, good shit!) DJ's solo stuff and his other bands are pretty much far better than anything Slash has done since he LEFT Guns. Not to mention that DJ's stuff out of Guns is much more advanced and creative than anything Slash has done - AND still... it's very rock n' roll.

Besides, I trust Axl. When Steven was out I was dead inside (I'm a drummer). When Matt kicked ass in Rio II I was like... yeah, ok, it's for the best! And apart from Gilby (but it was only as a live act) everybody who got inside this band are amazing talents and replaced the former ones properly to say the least. I remember how sad I was when Slash was out and I also remember how happy I was in Rio III watching Bucket + Ronin + Paul. So I guess it's just a matter of letting time pass and see what happens on a new album, doesn't matter how long it takes.