if Nov Rain vid was Axl's idea, who wrote the part with Slash leaving the church?

if Nov Rain vid was Axl's idea, who wrote the part with Slash leaving the church?

I bought the 97.7 HMZ CD lately (or smth like that - the interview CD) and it has 40 minutes of Slash complaining about Axl in 1994 and 1995. He said he did the Snakepit bikoz he didnt have to deal with "the Stephanie Seymour ballads". And that Estranged video sucked ass bikoz Slash had to stay in the ice cold water for 8 hours toget a 3 second shot, and Axl's scenes were shot in Miami in a 80-degrees (F) water.

Then I kinda connected the dots and thought - if Nov Rain was all about Axl, whocame up with the idea of Slash leaving the church?

a) if Axl - kinda generous of him and doesn't deserve the critisism

b) if Slash - I wonder how Axl reacted

any info?

Wasn't the whole Slash leaving the church scene his way of disagreeing with the NR video setup?

well , yea, but that's my whole question dude

whocame up with the idea of Slash leaving the church?

a) if Axl - kinda generous of him and doesn't deserve the critisism

b) if Slash - I wonder how Axl reacted

As far as I remember, Axl BOUGHT one of the videos from the band [the trilogy one].

If Axl LET Slash walked out of the church - my guess is, under circumstances, Axl did it out of sheer respect

therefore, does not deserve criticism

If Slash insisted - I wonder how Axl felt

it is open for interpretation

smart asses - STFU, I know WE DOUNT know -

let's speculate, that's the only fun we can get

Edited by whatashame

Watch the "Makin of the videos november rain" the director talks about it a little bit from what I remember. I can't remember the exact comments and it won't let me view it on my phone.

Anyways it will give insight to the ideas behind the video

Says it won't let me view in my country...(I'm in the United States so who knows)

Edit: it actually let me watch after I linked it...weird

Edited by IncitingChaos

Axl wrote the short story, flew the helicopter and directed the video now?

They wanted helicopter shots, which is pretty dangerous. I think he should have gone in the confessional and had it take off like the Wonkavator.

Edited by dalsh327

The answer...sort of

It was a church on wheels and the director saw it taking place in a desert, the band felt it should be a grass field and they ended up in Mexico shooting the scene. Nobody really planned where to do the solo's just kinda spontaneous.

Edited by IncitingChaos

no, I always thought it was Adler who flew the helicopter

he wanted to get closer to the band so they could hear him begging to rejoin the band

Adler flying a helicopter is a really scary thought :D

Adler flies a helicopter every night, he usually circles overhead wherever he's passed out.

The answer...sort of

It was a church on wheels and the director saw it taking place in a desert, the band felt it should be a grass field and they ended up in Mexico shooting the scene. Nobody really planned where to do the solo's just kinda spontaneous.

It's like most those interviewed were struggling to think.

I have absolutely no idea what this thread is about.

This thread made me realize how retarded Nov Rain video is. Beautiful song, huge video.. entirely devoted to celebrating some dysfunctional vanity relationship of lead singer and a super model. Shot and directed as if it were some fucking wedding video of day time soap opera. Seriosly. Nov Rain vid has no 'art' or otherness or dreamynes I've come to wish from music videos. Scenes are..uh.. it is directed like some conservative highschool play about getting married.

When ever it is time to figure out what music video is about, vanity relationships with whichever celebrity he dates are big deal for Marilyn Manson. If you really want to devote your music video to " yeah so I am rock star and currently I am dating a super model fuck yeah" then at least make it into art fucks sake. Manson's videos for Mobscene, Heart Shaped glasses, Coma White all mount&pose various Manson's then-current GFs around just as Nov Rain does.At leas two of those three offer examples of how it is possible to do this in non retarded fashion.

...Don't Cry video with some minor tweaks (and 3 mins more of shit) would make much more suitable Nov Rain video than Nov Rain video does:o It's ultimately the same fucking concept: Realtionships, rock stars and their bitches. Regardless if you appreciate the spiritual reincarnation underlinings of Don't cry, at least you have tio admit it has scenes that don't look like day time tv or product of a brainstorm of 14 year olds.

Don't cry video is way cool.Talking about it made me watch it, been like 10 years since. I bet the Slash scene alone has provided a degree to some grad student working something chauvinism related;D

They all looked so fucking good in early 90's. Proper rock gods the lot of them.

Edited by LTD

I have absolutely no idea what this thread is about.

This thread made me realize how retarded Nov Rain video is. Beautiful song, huge video.. entirely devoted to celebrating some dysfunctional vanity relationship of lead singer and a super model. Shot and directed as if it were some fucking wedding video of day time soap opera. Seriosly. Nov Rain vid has no 'art' or otherness or dreamynes I've come to wish from music videos. Scenes are..uh.. it is directed like some conservative highschool play about getting married.

When ever it is time to figure out what music video is about, vanity relationships with whichever celebrity he dates are big deal for Marilyn Manson. If you really want to devote your music video to " yeah so I am rock star and currently I am dating a super model fuck yeah" then at least make it into art fucks sake. Manson's videos for Mobscene, Heart Shaped glasses, Coma White all mount&pose various Manson's then-current GFs around just as Nov Rain does.At leas two of those three offer examples of how it is possible to do this in non retarded fashion.

No kidding. It's one of the silliest fucking videos of all time, on par with anything Meatloaf has done, but entirely devoid of any self-awareness. It so camp and it has NO FUCKING IDEA. Which granted, makes it even funnier.

Edited by Angelica

I think the November Rain video is the greatest thing there is that GNR has done. One of the most iconic music video moments of the nineties, easily!

It is funny and campy and completely overblown and not aware of itself, which is a good part of why it's so awesome.

It's kind of like something cut out of a comic book.