if Nov Rain vid was Axl's idea, who wrote the part with Slash leaving the church?

ANDY MORAHAN: We couldn't figure out what we were going to do with Slash in "November Rain." I said to him, "Wouldn't it be cool if you walked out of the church into a completely different environment?" And he said, "Yeah, let's go to New Mexico and do that." So we did. Weirdly enough, Anton Corbijn was stay­ing in the same hotel as us in New Mexico. I'd known Anton for a while, and I invited him to come to the shoot. After about a half hour he said to me, "Andy, this is incredible. You've got five cameras, cranes, helicopter, this big crew. Is this the whole video?" I said, "No, it's about twenty-seven seconds of it."

I've had calls from Sofia Coppola's people over the years asking to buy the original storyboards from "November Rain."

All three songs — "Don't Cry," "November Rain," and "Estranged" — are overblown power ballads. And all three videos are crazy. It was like Spinal Tap with money.

• Like 1

Since we are on the topic of these three video's (which I personally enjoy all of them) I read on wiki about the theories surronding them. The conventinal theory has them going in the this order; Don't Cry, November Rain, and Estranged. But another theory suggests that November Rain is actually first, and the Don't Cry video is Axl dealing with the loss of Stephanie. Which the way it was described on the wiki website really made a lot of sense. With Estranged being about Axl moving on with his life "without you". The theory made a lot of sense, pointing to things in the videos that back up these claims. I would post the link, but it's a pain in the ass to do from my phone.

Anyone have any thoughts they would like to add???

Since we are on the topic of these three video's (which I personally enjoy all of them) I read on wiki about the theories surronding them. The conventinal theory has them going in the this order; Don't Cry, November Rain, and Estranged. But another theory suggests that November Rain is actually first, and the Don't Cry video is Axl dealing with the loss of Stephanie. Which the way it was described on the wiki website really made a lot of sense. With Estranged being about Axl moving on with his life "without you". The theory made a lot of sense, pointing to things in the videos that back up these claims. I would post the link, but it's a pain in the ass to do from my phone.

It goes, November Rain wedding, then Don't Cry, then November Rain Pt. 2 (the funeral), then Estranged.

ANDY MORAHAN: We couldn't figure out what we were going to do with Slash in "November Rain." I said to him, "Wouldn't it be cool if you walked out of the church into a completely different environment?" And he said, "Yeah, let's go to New Mexico and do that." So we did. Weirdly enough, Anton Corbijn was stay­ing in the same hotel as us in New Mexico. I'd known Anton for a while, and I invited him to come to the shoot. After about a half hour he said to me, "Andy, this is incredible. You've got five cameras, cranes, helicopter, this big crew. Is this the whole video?" I said, "No, it's about twenty-seven seconds of it."

I've had calls from Sofia Coppola's people over the years asking to buy the original storyboards from "November Rain."

All three songs — "Don't Cry," "November Rain," and "Estranged" — are overblown power ballads. And all three videos are crazy. It was like Spinal Tap with money.

that's awesome. and i could totally see sofia coppola borrowing some of the lush, overwrought visual styling from a video like that for one of her movies.

First off Slash was never in the water for NR.

He was also never in the water for estranged it was a double. If you look at what the double is playing during the solo where he raises from the water and it is no where close to the solo.

Slash made a comment in MFV's IV about them wanting him to put a wet suit on and g\he said under these pants, the it showed his double.

It goes, November Rain wedding, then Don't Cry, then November Rain Pt. 2 (the funeral), then Estranged.

That makes sense.