No Love Remains = Checkmate/Jackie Chan?

Just a thought, and a tad suprised no-one else seems to have mentioned it.. but does anyone think that 16 second clip we heard was No Love Remains? I seem to recall that being a title mentioned around 2000, and if you were to incorperate that lyrics into the phrasing of the song it doesn't seem unrealistic to think that might be the title at that point. I certainly don't believe GN'R have a song called Jackie Chan...

While I'm here... Quick Song became Chinese Democracy? I also remember hearing that Quick Song was a 4 chord riff similar to 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'... the intro riff to Chinese Democracy isn't a million miles away to the 'Teen Spirit riff....

Thoughts?

The thought has been mentioned before because the title does it fit into the melody as far as the 16 seconds we've heard, but who knows what the rest of the song is like. I'm a fan of the clip though, it has lots of potential.

If I'm not mistaken though I thought Axl said in one of the chats that it wasn't No Love Remains but did confirm the Jackie Chan thing.

No Love Remains is a fake name.

I love that 15 sec clip of Checkmate/Jackie Chan, but I don't take it as a guarantee that the full song would be a classic. I'm sure if I'd heard just 15 secs of Riad I could be convinced that it's one of GNR's best songs, but as a whole it's a mess.

The clip of that song sucks so bad.

Why?
Have you heard it?

Yeah! It sounds in many ways more like old school GNR compared to CD stuff.

I think it's terrible in every way. His voice sounds terrible. The lyrics are more of the woe is me, everyone hurts me shit. Honestly, if this is the quality in the vault, I hope the vault remains closed.

Why?
Have you heard it?

I think it's terrible in every way. His voice sounds terrible. The lyrics are more of the woe is me, everyone hurts me shit. Honestly, if this is the quality in the vault, I hope the vault remains closed.
I agree. I think Axl should sing about journeys down to Mexico.

Why?
Have you heard it?

What the hell, you don't even know what he's singing about and you're already judging the lyrics. He could be singing about saving the Aramaic language for all we know.

Besides Axl has always been singing about his own life: "I'M on the nightrain" "they're outta get ME" "I said I'M right next door to hell" "Don't damn ME" I don't need your civil war" "you could be MINE"

Why is it suddenly a problem to you?

His voice is not as good as it could be on that clip. I'll give you that. But his voice was equally bad on "Since I Don't Have You" for example. I don't think the voice is terrible on either one, even if it could be better.

Oh well, I find you opinion really strange, but whatever.

Why?
Have you heard it?

What the hell, you don't even know what he's singing about and you're already judging the lyrics. He could be singing about saving the Aramaic language for all we know.

Besides Axl has always been singing about his own life: "I'M on the nightrain" "they're outta get ME" "I said I'M right next door to hell" "Don't damn ME" I don't need your civil war" "you could be MINE"

Why is it suddenly a problem to you?

His voice is not as good as it could be on that clip. I'll give you that. But his voice was equally bad on "Since I Don't Have You" for example. I don't think the voice is terrible on either one, even if it could be better.

Oh well, I find you opinion really strange, but whatever.

I will bet you $10 million that he is talking about someone who he thinks wronged him in some relationship and how he tried so hard, and so valiantly, to make it right.

Someone contact MLS. We'll escrow this shit.

Edited by magisme