It's time to sing like that again

Never gonna happen. That was nearly 10 years ago. In 2002, he wasn't gonna sound like 1992, and in 2014 he is not gonna sound like 2006. He could come up with a new good year, like he did in 2010, but with each passing year that becomes less and less likely.

10 years ago!? Shit I must have hibernate for 5 years… :P

Axl just needs to bring back the rasp more often and get in better overall physical shape that'll help him to perform better too.

Edited by trqster

Never gonna happen. That was nearly 10 years ago. In 2002, he wasn't gonna sound like 1992, and in 2014 he is not gonna sound like 2006. He could come up with a new good year, like he did in 2010, but with each passing year that becomes less and less likely.

it's 2010, not 2006. You didn't even watch the video right? :max:

• Like 2

I clicked on it and saw the 6s and made a dumb mistake. Still, most of the post holds weight. He's not gonna sing like 4 years ago, but its possible he can create a new voice that just isn't as bad as usual (which is basically what 2010 was in response to 2009 and 2007).

I clicked on it and saw the 6s and made a dumb mistake. Still, most of the post holds weight. He's not gonna sing like 4 years ago, but its possible he can create a new voice that just isn't as bad as usual (which is basically what 2010 was in response to 2009 and 2007).

durr, do you really think 2010 is worse than 2009 or 2007? :blink:

• Like 2

If Axl can rasp it up without killing his voice I want him to go for it. But there are times in 2006 and 2010 where he maxed it out to an early 1991 level. I wanna hear it but I don't want him to get hurt... Cuz he needs to hit the studio again in my lifetime.

Edited by War2k14
  • Like 1

Even in that clip, you can hear that he has trouble keeping his vocal register the same.
What we know as his singing voice is not his natural singing voice.

I think the rasp takes and has taken a toll.

His vocal chords were pierced for our transgressions, his voice was crushed for our iniquities.

If Axl stopped moving onstage, even though that's one of his "gimmicks", he could be one of the best live singers in rock.

For real.

That's not really the main issue. He didn't move much in Rio. If his voice is bad, he can sit and his voice will not have much progress.

I prefer 2006... He had more energy. 2010 he still had the voice but didn't have as much energy. I don't really mind the mickey mouse voice. In 2002 it was powerful... I could care less about mickey or rasp, he just needs more energy and vocal power.

Rock Am Ring was quite an overrated show, I much prefer Los Angeles '06. His voice was so strong he hit the high notes he did on the Used To Love Her Live Era version:

2:43 onwards

Edited by MrSoftie

Rock Am Ring was quite an overrated show, I much prefer Los Angeles '06. His voice was so strong he hit the high notes he did on the Used To Love Her Live Era version:

2:43 onwards

That gig is one of my top ten of all time.

BTW, I found this relatively weak performance of November Rain from 2010.

It's insane how inconsistent Axl's voice can be. He almost sounds like a completely different singer here when you compare it to the clip on the first page, and it was only a few weeks apart.

2010 was a better year than 2006-2007 for Axl's vocals. More closer to the real deal.

He couldnt hold the intro scream to jungle as long in 2010. I think this was the start of his voice going.

Look at rock am ring jungle, this is how used to sing it back in 06. I remember in 2010 it was cut short. Now Axl mimics the album intro for a shorter scream.