What's the weirdest sight you've seen at a GNR show?

Guest NGOG

I saw ashba throw a water bottle at some guys face as hard as he could 3rows deep. The fan was stirring up shit and being an a hole. It was hilarious bc the guy didn't see it coming.the bottle exploded all over him.

haha I saw Robin do the same thing... flew through the air like a missile and hit the dude right in the face, he didnt even unscrew the cap first LOL

Robin did the same thing to me, not out of anger, just throwing me a water bottle after he took a swig, as he threw it the lights went out, the lights came up a few seconds later and he was lieing across the monitors apologizing to me even though I still caught it.

Sit-down protest at Reading Festival 2010

Haha I thought that was pure class.

I was there too, and it was very odd indeed.

But the most weirdest thing was when I saw GN'R in Las Vegas in 2006. During Nightrain, Robin tried to come down to the floor (which was really close to the stage anyway, it was at the Joint). And this one ass of a security guy wouldn't let him, so Robin was literally trying to budge past him, lol.

Seeing Robin in a pushing match with a security guy as Nightrain was blasting, will probably be the weirdest thing I'll see at a GN'R show...

GNR has long history of background dancers and such. These have always been more or less attractive women;band always maintained the image of heterosexual band with heterosexual show. They've always been THE GUYS with show for THE GUYS, you know? With this in mind, it has been surprising to see youtube videos of recent GNR shows where some sort of a male prostitute is now being featured so prominently. Unlike background performers in past, the new performer does his show among band, as if he were musican among others. They've even given him a guitar? I suppose the whole idea is some social commentary by Axl. Through performance of the male whore, Axl wishes to imply record labels,managers, perhaps even the fans seek to use the band like a whore.

Edited by LTD

^^ I sang along with all of them, even Tommy's solo. Its not weird to sing along with songs at gigs

You didn't get what I meant. 22,000 persons all quiet, not singing, just watching (basically because they didn't know Chinese Democracy songs existed) and only two guys singing and screaming the songs was weird and awkward. for them of course, not for me or the rest of us.

I saw a guy dressed like Axl Rose in his famous Rock In Rio IV Outfit in Germany. He had the same long hair, the same beard like Axl and the yellow Outfit

U can see the guy at 0:02 in the audience

What was Axl's "rant" that he's referring to?

At the rescheduled Manchester 1992 gig, suddenly right behind us were riot police with the visors down and the riot shields, we asked why they were there and they said Guns hadn't left London yet and they were supposed to be on in 5 minutes and as the original gig had been cancelled after everyone had got to Manchester they thought there would be a riot if it was cancelled again. Some time later a helicopter landed and from where we were we could see the band getting off. Axl was completely out of it. Two huge guys were half carrying him with one of Axl's arm around each of their shoulders. We all thought oh shit there will be a riot but half an hour later he hit the stage like a man possessed and he dedicated Patience to us for the extra 5 day wait. :axl:

• Like 1

inb4 Dj

I went to the show in Belfast during 2010. I remember walking to my seat and seeing somebody dressed as 2002 Axl... from head to toe. He had the VMA hat, identical braided hair, NFL jersey, baggy pants and steel-toe boots.

It's great to see the lengths many GNR fans will go to.

At the Leeds festival, towards the end, some guys had brought along some toy soldiers, lined them up on the grounds, and they had a weeing competition to see who could knock he most soldiers down with their urine. This was in public towards the back of the crowd.

The odd thing was, the second guy that did it had to pick up all the wet soldiers the first guy had urinated on. While this was happening, other people joined in on the weeing fest including some shewee females all publicly on the ground

It was not a blood bath, but certainly a bath of some kind.

I remember the floor at the Iowa City arena in 93 or 94, all metal folding chairs lined up neatly like a graduation ceremony. During Brian May, we all passed the chairs backwards, leaving a mountain of folding chairs at the back of the floor. I wish I could remember the funny comment Axl made about it. My first concert.

Another one. Quad Cities in 2001 (I think). People got rowdy at the end. You know those big popcorn machines on big wooden wheel? Big, red metal, and glass sides and top housing the popper and popcorn. Someone shoved it down the stairs of the arena, mess of loud glass and metal crunching, popcorn everywhere. Quite a sight.

During the Perth, Aus 2006 show, I had the worst case of the flu that I've ever had. I was throwing up before the show and I also threw up all over the floor just after Bach played. I was seriously like Homer Simpson when he wants to go to Duff Gardens. All kinds of fucked up.

......anyway, while I was sitting there waiting for GnR to come on, I saw Del walking through the crowd so I thought "hell yeah, I'm gonna talk with this dude and get a backstage pass" (sick guy logic) so I run over there and I'm talking to him for a couple of minutes, and he's a genuinely nice guy. Much nicer than I expected. Next thing I know, my girlfriend at the time grabs me by the shoulders and asks me what the fuck I'm doing?

Turns out I was having a huge conversation with a lighting truss thingy. Apparently I even gave it a high five! So I guess that's the weirdest thing I've seen. Or at least what my ex has seen.

Edited by Ace Frehley
  • Like 2