"GN'R: Influences" on Beats Music

EDIT: Beat Music Mobile Page:

GNR_Beats.png

Not sure if anyone signed up for Beats Music. Seems like a cool idea that Trent Reznor put together regarding the curation of songs versus how Spotify does is. Anyways, the GNR section has a Beats Playlist called Guns N' Roses: Influences.

These are the songs on it:

Van Halen - Runnin' With The Devil

Aerosmith - Mama Kin

ZZ Top - La Grange

NY Dolls - Personality Crisis

Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak

T. Rex - Bang A Gong

Bob Dylan - Ballad of A Thin Man (great tune!)

Elton John - Goodbye Yellowbrick Road

Faces - Stay With Me

Queen - Stone Cold Crazy

Judas Priest - Exciter

Ramones - Beat On The Brat

Cheap Trick - Surrender

Grand Funk Railroad - Footstompin' Music

Alice Cooper - I'm Eighteen

Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode [single version]

Billy Joel - My Life (got to be prank by Trent Reznor...)

Slade - Cum On And Feel The Noize

Sex Pistols - EMI

David Bowie - Panic In Detroit

The Stooges - I Wanna Be You Dog [Remastered LP Version]

Kiss - Cold Gin

Hanoi Rocks - Malibu Beach Nightmare

Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter

Ted Nugent - Stranglehold

Edited by hellobeatle

So what are your experiences with the service? Do you recommend it?

Have not had the chance to really sink my teeth into it yet. The curated playlists looked interesting though. Some interesting curators from pitchfork to Rolling Stone to actual artists.. So long as it stands up to 4G/LTE without doing a number on my cell plan, I look forward to trying it out on my iPhone as an alternative to my song library. Edited by hellobeatle

Have not had the chance to really sink my teeth into it yet. The curated playlists looked interesting though. Some interesting curators from pitchfork to Rolling Stone to actual artists.. So long as it stands up to 4G/LTE without doing a number on my cell plan, I look forward to trying it out on my iPhone as an alternative to my song library.

You used Spotify much? How does it compare?

Have not had the chance to really sink my teeth into it yet. The curated playlists looked interesting though. Some interesting curators from pitchfork to Rolling Stone to actual artists.. So long as it stands up to 4G/LTE without doing a number on my cell plan, I look forward to trying it out on my iPhone as an alternative to my song library.

Never used it. Does it also have curated playlists? Beat does have Chinese Democracy. Howevever, AFD and UYI 1 & 2 are labelled as the "essentials" on their page.

There is also a collection called "GN'R: Anthems"

1) SCOM

2) Yesterdays

3) Used To Love Her

4) L&LD

5) Paradise City

6) YCBM

7) WTTJ

8) Nov Rain

9) It's So Easy

10) KOHD (Long Version)

11) Don't Cry (Original)

12) Patience

13) Brownstone

14) Get In The Ring

Edited by hellobeatle

I hope nobody was paid to put this list together. I think Captain Obvious did it. Anybody who reads the WIKIPEDIA article about GNR could do the same.

Maybe anybody can put up a better songlist

These songs not really the prime GNR influences (maybe the bands, but not the songs)

Never used it. Does it also have curated playlists? Beat does have Chinese Democracy. Howevever, AFD and UYI 1 & 2 are labelled as the "essentials" on their page.

Meh

there's a free alternative to this shit. If you dig up a little bit you'll find great bootlegs from several major artists too, so it's even better

http://grooveshark.com/

Edited by Crash Diet

Spottily is amazing. I subscribed to Spotify premium, and bought one of those really nice Bose speakers for my office.

The sound quality/bitrate/whatever on Spotify far surpasses Grooveshark or YouTube, and they have pretty much every song.

Beats bought a Spotify rival, MOG, a couple of years ago. I never got to test MOG out as it was US-only, but one of the selling points was a higher bit-rate (320K). I think now you can get most Spotify streams at 320K, though, as long as you've got it set to high-quality streaming in your settings.