Next video chat: Dizzy Reed

If Dizzy played a local bar in my city and tickets were under $20, I would definitely go see him perform.

But even as a huge fan of GnR I can look at that video and realize how cringe worthy it really is.

Wf - come on man. Sometimes you do push the trolling a little too far. Dizzy is a better singer than Myles? Comments like that put you into the Volcano range. There is a reason that Dizzy plays keyboards for a band and doesn't front a successful band himself. Dizzy himself would tell you that Myles is 100 times better of a singer. Comments like that just make you look silly or like you are trolling. We all have different musical preferences. I actually think Avril has a great voice and I enjoy her music. But there is a HUGE difference between saying "I really like Dizzy's voice" and "Dizzy is a better singer than most, including Myles" - that just makes you look ridiculous or like you are trolling. Come on man, you are better than that.

• Like 1

I wonder how Volcan would feel if he read WFA's posts in The Gnr Forum.

He'd be calling him the pot and the kettle.

Fuck it we're all just fuckin' cupcakes

I don't think it has to be that grim, man. You just broaden the definition of the term too far. We can talk shit and joke around and have a good time, but when some people post intentionally nonsensical shit in every thread (not talking about wfa), or they post shit they don't believe in a blatant and immature attempt to get a rise out of people (talking about wfa), that's trolling to me. Someone who disagrees with me about GNR and has fun posting their opinions, that's not trolling.

It's possible for someone to think Dj Ashba is a better guitarist than Slash but to say he is more important to the Gn'R legacy than Slash is blatantly trolling. It's the same thing when some kid argues "But Tommy Stinson has been in the band three times as long as Duff!! 11" So what? What has he done in Gn'R to warrant a comparison to Duff in terms of being important to the band?

• Like 3

"But Tommy Stinson has been in the band three times as long as Duff!! 11" So what?

Yea, that quote is always a trip.

After all of that time in the band and he still hasn't produced or worked half of as much as the other band during a much shorter time frame. I guess it's easy to stick around when you hardly have to deal with anything and all you do is collect a check. BFD

I wonder how Volcan would feel if he read WFA's posts in The Gnr Forum.

He'd be calling him the pot and the kettle.

Fuck it we're all just fuckin' cupcakes

I don't think it has to be that grim, man. You just broaden the definition of the term too far. We can talk shit and joke around and have a good time, but when some people post intentionally nonsensical shit in every thread (not talking about wfa), or they post shit they don't believe in a blatant and immature attempt to get a rise out of people (talking about wfa), that's trolling to me. Someone who disagrees with me about GNR and has fun posting their opinions, that's not trolling.

Exactly. Best post of the day.

It's funny how this is the most stable line-up of the band and they haven't released ONE SINGLE SONG yet. Asking for a whole album since DJ joined maybe is too much, I can agree with that... good musicians/bands usually take their time. But... they could at least create ONE song, 4 to 5 minutes of music, in 5 years but they haven't, and won't. So saying this is the most stable lineup of the band is actually a very sad point to make if you are trying to defend GNR status. I'm a fan of the old band but it saddens me to see Axl's lack of interest and the fans who force themselves to think it's all roses.

If Dizzy played a local bar in my city and tickets were under $20, I would definitely go see him perform.

But even as a huge fan of GnR I can look at that video and realize how cringe worthy it really is.

Wf - come on man. Sometimes you do push the trolling a little too far. Dizzy is a better singer than Myles? Comments like that put you into the Volcano range. There is a reason that Dizzy plays keyboards for a band and doesn't front a successful band himself. Dizzy himself would tell you that Myles is 100 times better of a singer. Comments like that just make you look silly or like you are trolling. We all have different musical preferences. I actually think Avril has a great voice and I enjoy her music. But there is a HUGE difference between saying "I really like Dizzy's voice" and "Dizzy is a better singer than most, including Myles" - that just makes you look ridiculous or like you are trolling. Come on man, you are better than that.

Dude come on, have you heard Myles sing? I really like his voice, and in my OPINION he is better than Myles, who sounds like a nasal dying goat trying to belt out GNR tunes

Dude come on, have you heard Myles sing? I really like his voice, and in my OPINION he is better than Myles, who sounds like a nasal dying goat trying to belt out GNR tunes

I suppose it's all in how you state it.

It's perfectly OK for you to like Dizzy's singing better than Myles. I've got no issue with that at all. Music is all about personal preference. You and I like Motley Crue. Lots of people on here don't.

But when you make a statement that Dizzy is a better singer than Myles - that's a different situation. Because it's obviously not true.

Personal preference aside - the facts are Myles fronted a pretty successful band that was probably more successful (or very close) to what Sixx AM was. Myles is also fronting a band now that is fairly successful. Dizzy is a keyboard player. If he could front a successful band as a singer, then he would have gone that route. But he doesn't have the talent or skills to be a lead singer in a successful band. Myles does. Those are just the facts.

I personally enjoy Dizzy over Myles, but know that Myles is a way better singer. That would be a correct statement for you to make, that nobody would complain about.

I have favorite basketball players, but I don't go around saying they should make the all star team - just because I like them. I know they aren't the best, but I like the way they play. I can like them - and still admit they aren't the greatest out there.

Just be real man!!! That's all people want. Your honest opinions, without the trolling.

Pure gold.

Especially starting at about the 3 minute mark and going to the end.

The singing.

The tearing up the keyboard.

The looks on his face.

The bass player going crazy towards the end.

I was at that show. Is Dizzy a good singer? Hell no. Was it a fun gig? Yes.
:fuckyou:

I have to respectfully disagree. imo, Dizzy is an excellent singer, far better than most others (including but not limited to Myles Kennedy). I would love to see one of his solo gigs

Dizzy even admitted at that very show that he's no singer and it's a wonder his band even let's him sing.

Dizzy is probably the cleverest Gunner. You never hear him moaning about anything, he just keeps it nice and quiet cuz he knows he's on a winner and were it not for Axl he'd probably still be living in a skip round the back of the local cornershop or whatever. Dizzy don't give a fuck about no release dates, no nothing. And i think he's clever for it, I'd do the same thing, fuck it, let this twat sit around consulting the dylithium crystals and holding ouijja board sessions to ask the ghost of Lord Byron whether the spirits think it's the right time to release an album, as long as the cheque comes in every month, shit, what else is Dizzy gonna do, get a window cleaning round? :lol:

Show up at the Halloween party every year 'alright Axl mate, hows it going? No studio sessions til next January? Soon is the word? Fair enough skipper, you're the boss!' :D

There's nothing clever about hitching a ride on someone else's gravy train. You'd have to be a complete dullard to be in Dizzy's position and think, "When are we gonna do a record? I'm done with this Axl bullshit." Please. Where ya gonna go? Whatcha gonna do? Have at it, "rock star." :lol:

Sir, encouraging trolling on Dizzy's chat and this opinion truly devalues you as a person and as a persona on a GN'R forum. To be honest, I think you are a complete knob and should be banned from here and anywhere you post. I do not see any value in a lot of what you post.

Anyway, as low level MTV documentaries will tell you, music changed in the early 1990s, hair bands, anti hair bands, whatever went on in the late 80s had to re invent themselves a little. Most bands cut there hair and changed their music a little. Guns did UYI, and eclectic mix of what was and what should be. During this time a vast majority of 80s band disappeared or changed drastically. With regards to Guns, Axl was leaning towards a more classic epic sound which is what happened with Radiohead, Muse etc.. Dizzy was part of a new direction and has remained genuine and loyal ever since he joined. As most women will point out, that is a good thing

I think you need to live your life a little and learn to respect people and the good in people before pissing out the your brainless venom about subjects you apparently know very little about.

Dizzy is probably the cleverest Gunner. You never hear him moaning about anything, he just keeps it nice and quiet cuz he knows he's on a winner and were it not for Axl he'd probably still be living in a skip round the back of the local cornershop or whatever. Dizzy don't give a fuck about no release dates, no nothing. And i think he's clever for it, I'd do the same thing, fuck it, let this twat sit around consulting the dylithium crystals and holding ouijja board sessions to ask the ghost of Lord Byron whether the spirits think it's the right time to release an album, as long as the cheque comes in every month, shit, what else is Dizzy gonna do, get a window cleaning round? :lol:

Show up at the Halloween party every year 'alright Axl mate, hows it going? No studio sessions til next January? Soon is the word? Fair enough skipper, you're the boss!' :D

There's nothing clever about hitching a ride on someone else's gravy train. You'd have to be a complete dullard to be in Dizzy's position and think, "When are we gonna do a record? I'm done with this Axl bullshit." Please. Where ya gonna go? Whatcha gonna do? Have at it, "rock star." :lol:

Sir, encouraging trolling on Dizzy's chat and this opinion truly devalues you as a person and as a persona on a GN'R forum. To be honest, I think you are a complete knob and should be banned from here and anywhere you post. I do not see any value in a lot of what you post.

Anyway, as low level MTV documentaries will tell you, music changed in the early 1990s, hair bands, anti hair bands, whatever went on in the late 80s had to re invent themselves a little. Most bands cut there hair and changed their music a little. Guns did UYI, and eclectic mix of what was and what should be. During this time a vast majority of 80s band disappeared or changed drastically. With regards to Guns, Axl was leaning towards a more classic epic sound which is what happened with Radiohead, Muse etc.. Dizzy was part of a new direction and has remained genuine and loyal ever since he joined. As most women will point out, that is a good thing

I think you need to live your life a little and learn to respect people and the good in people before pissing out the your brainless venom about subjects you apparently know very little about.

Fuck off if you don't like me, you sniveling tit. I ain't goin' nowhere. :lol:

Nah, you're trolling. It's obvious you think it's cute like trolling people with the fake Izzy interview but it's just stupid.

Yeah, like your opinion is valid with all the GG Allin shit :lol:

Also, why is a thread about Dizzy's upcoming video chat now about his singing abilities?

Let's get excited for the topic at hand. Dizzy is a cool dude. I doubt anything new will come out of the video chat, but I'm sure it'll be kinda cool nonetheless. :)

• Like 2

Hopefully somebody will ask him when the new album will come out. And what "new" songs they are planning on playing in the upcoming tour.

I'm sure people will ask but I doubt it will be answered. When the time is right we will be notified :)