Next video chat: Dizzy Reed

These chats seem a lot more unplanned and spontaneous than I thought. There's not any new info, or any cool stories or even insight to the future. Just seems like the band members have been told to sit in a room and spin the yarn for under an hour.

Shame really, as I thought these chats were a cool idea to begin with.

Edited by One.In.A.Million
  • Like 1

Let me see If I get this. The only important thing that has been said in the chat is the request songs? Wow!!! Talk about being original :rolleyes: Another chat about nothing.

<_<

Nobody forced you to take part of the chat..oh wait you weren't there...you're just complaining about something you didn't take part of on the internet....Got it!

Is this going to be reuploaded. I wasnt staying up till 4am

He answered one of your questions

• Like 1

Let me see If I get this. The only important thing that has been said in the chat is the request songs? Wow!!! Talk about being original :rolleyes: Another chat about nothing.

<_<

Nobody forced you to take part of the chat..oh wait you weren't there...you're just complaining about something you didn't take part of on the internet....Got it!

Is this going to be reuploaded. I wasnt staying up till 4am

He answered one of your questions

Well since the chats are about nothing. I´m glad I´m not participating. There is nothing worthy so I´m not getting rip off unlike the fans who pay.

So we're either gonna get unreleased Chinese Democracy stuff, or songs that have rarely, if ever been played in the setlist. If that's the case, I hope "Don't Damn Me" can be one of the songs that makes it into the setlist.

Also, while I get people's frustration, it's once again saddening to see so many unhappy fans continuing to spread their unhappiness. It's almost as if some of them are incredulous that not everyone is unhappy like they are. Look, I'm not in denial here- I get it- I get the fact that these chats are rather casual and tend to revolve around more casual, generalized info, but as a fan of the band, I'm not unhappy that Dizzy didn't give us mindblowing revelations. That guy has been in the band for over 20 years. Aside from Axl, he's the only link to the GnR of yesteryear. Think of all the interesting questions you could ask him which he could answer. If you haven't figured out by now that there's no new music on the horizon, then quite frankly you're a slow learner and will continue to be unhappy with the band. Even though it pains me to admit it, they're a touring nostalgia act. Hell, even Chinese Democracy is a nostalgia thing at this point. Enjoy the band for what it is. If you think of the whole operation like Spinal Tap, it becomes much more easy to appreciate it.

Edited by metaforcesaber
  • Like 1

Good. Now we can see how many rumps will request SCOM/WTTJ and other songs that they play at every show.

Looking at the Metallica By Request tour, I can see why fans want to hear certain songs at every show, but they end up going for a near identical setlist to the ones they already play. Guess certain fans like certain deep cuts more than others, and the only ones which get the winning votes are the ones everyone agrees on. Most of us here love AFD, and while we all love about 50% of the UYI material, we can never agree on which ones we like most. I love Don't Cry with Alternate Lyrics and Estranged, but really don't get the love for Yesterdays or Perfect Crime.

Wouldn't the people who like Metallica enough to be in their fan club know that Sandman, One etc are gonna be played at every show? If this voting is only open to Gn'R fan club members then surely they'd vote for older Illusions songs/CHI DEM material rather than songs that we know with certainty will be played right?

The by request for Metallica isn't fan club members; it's ticket buyers. And since 17 out of 18 songs are up in the air (The 18th being a new song), there's nothing that guaranteed to be played. At festivals, you're sure to get people who vote for the hits.

Probs Tommy i'd imagine, then Axl possibly ? Richard's on Tour in Oz till March.

I'd bet that Axl would rather give Slash a hand job (you're welcome for that mental picture) than to stare into a computer camera and answer questions by fans.

You lose that bet.. He's answered questions multiple times before.. UN-Moderated

Into a computer camera?

Missed the chat and don't want to read through this entire thread. Can somebody update us on what Dizzy said about:

When is the new album coming out?

Is it made up of leftover CD songs, or songs written by the current band, or a combination of both?

What are the new songs that are going to be played on this upcoming tour?

Thanks

Missed the chat and don't want to read through this entire thread. Can somebody update us on what Dizzy said about:

Is it made up of leftover CD songs, or songs written by the current band, or a combination of both?

Thanks

Define "new"?

Thanks

Define "new"?

So in other words, even though their last album was more than five years ago........this tour will not be supporting a new album or new songs?

"Define new" means it is OMG, Going Down, Silkworms or some other OLD songs. That is unbelievable.

Must be a weird feeling for artists to not move forward creatively and just milk their back catalog to death. I remember watching an interview with Axl Rose where he said he would HATE to be the type of artist that just lived off the past. I wonder what happened to the guy to change his mindset. Sad. Hate to see one of the most creative minds (in the rock world) turn into a touring nostalgic act. What do you guys think happened that totally changed a core value like that for Axl?

Thanks

You didn´t miss anything. Dizzy decided to be a smart ass teasing people with the meaning and definition of new song. You know, unheard song is new to you but old to them.

Oh! There will be set list by request, just like Metallica. So try that one and good luck. Well that´s what Dizzy said. Who knows

Thanks

You didn´t miss anything. Dizzy decided to be a smart ass teasing people with the meaning and definition of new song. You know, unheard song is new to you but old to them.

Oh! There will be set list by request, just like Metallica. So try that one and good luck. Well that´s what Dizzy said. Who knows

Sad.

But the set list request thing sounds cool. Did he explain it? Who gets to vote, and how many songs will they play off the request list? Is it a free for all, or will pussy out and just give you a list of like 30 songs and say "we'll play the top 25 vote getters."

"Depends what you mean by new songs"...

:(

Probably means new to us, old to them. CD leftovers are upwards of 15-20 years old. They're not new to Dizzy, Axl, Tommy, Pitman, and Fortus. Don't forget, songs like The General, Jackie Chan, Atlas, Berlin, etc are songs that were written YEARS ago, in the late 90s. To Dizzy, there's nothing new about them. They're OLD songs to him. He's probably had a copy of CD II, CD III, and even CD IV since 2003.

As far as the song requests. I doubt that is more than a sales gimmick. If lots of people request something like Don't Damn Me, My World, Locomotive, etc, what are the chances Axl will ACTUALLY play them? Chances are things will be closely monitored by Team Brazil and the only requests that will go through will be songs that they would play anyway.

Edited by liers
  • Like 1

They better come up with new music this tour ...otherwise they gonna be the biggest joke in town.....touring sinds 2001 with the same set list over and over

They've changed their set up quite a bit since 2001 brah

and Shotgun Blues and like it

Absolutely not, I will throw a fit if that shitty song is ever played. This band is above shit like Shotgun Blues, So Awful Fine, Get In The Ring, etc.

Thanks

Sad.

But the set list request thing sounds cool. Did he explain it? Who gets to vote, and how many songs will they play off the request list? Is it a free for all, or will pussy out and just give you a list of like 30 songs and say "we'll play the top 25 vote getters."

I´m not a Nightrain member so I didn´t participate in the chat. I can´t quote Dizzy. But for what I read the request list is not 100% guarantee yet