For the older members on here...

Guest Len B'stard

At the time i thought 'well if you're gonna replace Slash, this is the way to go about it!'. I mean, you couldn't fuckin' make him up, could you? :lol: And Christ was the talent there..

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1

Buckethead was a huge part of nuguns, I remember getting rirIII on vhs and showing my friends....they all lpved him !!

8 of us went to the leeds festival 2002 dressed as buckethead hahaha great times to be a guns fan !!

These days I struggle to get 1 friend to come to a show with me.

Nobody in the current version has the draw and appeal that the old nuguns did !!

I gotta be honest, seeing Buckethead really made me miss Slash A LOT. While I enjoyed his playing, I absolutly hated the whole "freeks" look of that band. I actually hated Robin's shaved alien looking head even more. The only saving grace for me, (a classic gnr fan) was seeing Axl again. At that time the only other place I had seen Axl was my Tokyo 92' concert VHS's. So that was refreshing. Plus I actually liked the new music I was hearing.

But the look of that band always made me me think, "this isn't guns n' roses."

Come back to us sweet Bucket! :wub:

I'm glad that Buckethead is never going to rejoin Axl's band. It's not up to Axl because he would take him in a heartbeat but Buckethead has integrity and a passion for his work and music, so no, it's never going to happen and I couldn't be happier for him.

Guest Len B'stard

I gotta be honest, seeing Buckethead really made me miss Slash A LOT. While I enjoyed his playing, I absolutly hated the whole "freeks" look of that band. I actually hated Robin's shaved alien looking head even more. The only saving grace for me, (a classic gnr fan) was seeing Axl again. At that time the only other place I had seen Axl was my Tokyo 92' concert VHS's. So that was refreshing. Plus I actually liked the new music I was hearing.

The freaks look is what held it together for me...and the fact that, individually, the members weren't like...magnolia paint, they had character and their own style, musically as well as asthetically. It weren't GnR as I understand GnR but it was at least interesting and looked like it had potential mileage in it.

I'm glad that Buckethead is never going to rejoin Axl's band. It's not up to Axl because he would take him in a heartbeat but Buckethead has integrity and a passion for his work and music, so no, it's never going to happen and I couldn't be happier for him.

If a fear of Tommy is integrety, he definitely has that going for him. :shrugs:

The freaks look is what held it together for me...and the fact that, individually, the members weren't like...magnolia paint, they had character and their own style, musically as well as asthetically. It weren't GnR as I understand GnR but it was at least interesting and looked like it had potential mileage in it.

I some what agree with you. I still had a lot of hope that they were going to start a rock revolution. I knew Buckethead was no joke as a guitarist. So that gave me hope. Especially since around 2000, everyone like forgot how to play the guitar, down tuning and no solos. So Buckethead did give me a lot of hope. But I still missed Slash and Duff, and still do tbh.

Fear of a drunk old dude? Doubt it.

Axl would fire Tommy to get Buckethead back.

If that was the reason he's not working with them, though.

Nosaj, you were here as yourself and SB, you were here as your alt when his friend came on and personally told us. You either get to believe his friend, or believe Axl that management ran him off, because he is too scared to say anything himself either way. Neither of those options have anything to do with his integrety, but I'll let you choose which one you prefer to believe.

Nosaj, you were here as yourself and SB, you were here as your alt when his friend came on and personally told us. You either get to believe his friend, or believe Axl that management ran him off, because he is too scared to say anything himself either way. Neither of those options have anything to do with his integrety, but I'll let you choose which one you prefer to believe.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Any time.

Initially, I was not a Buckethead supporter. Thought he was pretty much a joke.

However, I came around for 2 reasons :

1) The guy is an amazing guitar player, goofy schtick or no.

2) He gave the band some star power. Without him, its just Axl and a bunch of guys named Harry. Which...is what we have now. How is that working out for us? I'd argue not too well.

Guest Len B'stard

I some what agree with you. I still had a lot of hope that they were going to start a rock revolution. I knew Buckethead was no joke as a guitarist. So that gave me hope. Especially since around 2000, everyone like forgot how to play the guitar, down tuning and no solos. So Buckethead did give me a lot of hope. But I still missed Slash and Duff, and still do tbh.

Oh it's all about Slash and the boys, i agree with you. But in terms of looking like they were headed somewhere the Bucket era line up was fantastic. They looked like this wonderful unlikely band of misfits that could make a really interesting racket. Brain in the best out and out drummer they ever had (although Adler was the best musical fit for any era GnR in terms of what they were doing musically during his tenure, they were a certain swing and a paceyness to their playing that kept Appetite well within the bounds of good solid rock n roll and not sinking too deep into awful metal stereotyping) and Robin Finck i fell in love with when i heard him do Sossego.

2) He gave the band some star power. Without him, its just Axl and a bunch of guys named Harry. Which...is what we have now. How is that working out for us? I'd argue not too well.

I agree, Buckethead's goofiness was hard to digest at first, but when the 2002 tour ended, I was in love with his records and playing.

NuGNR now has nothing special. They are all older and play generic stuff, there isn't a single soul on the band wishing to step outisde the "rock n' roll for moms and dads" genre.

I agree, Buckethead's goofiness was hard to digest at first, but when the 2002 tour ended, I was in love with his records and playing.

NuGNR now has nothing special. They are all older and play generic stuff, there isn't a single soul on the band wishing to step outisde the "rock n' roll for moms and dads" genre.

Yeah, my boots from the 2002 brought me way around on him. I even listened to his guitar solos. Usually, I skip them, for all bands.

Bucket only really wrote 3 songs on CD.

Nobody seems to care about Shacklers, Scraped and Sorry.

Whereas Robin wrote Better.

Freese wrote the riff of Chi dem.

Axl is the driving force behind SOD and TIL.

I don't get why people don't like Buckets songs.

I really like Sorry. I think it is one of the most accesable songs on the album. It should have been the 2nd single, with better as the first. It sounds like gnr, which the general public needed that imo. Plus it's just a better song than CD, which should have never been a single imo.

• Like 1

Better, If The World, Sorry, This I Love are the singles. I'm pretty certain of this now.

SOD is a bit grating vocally. Catcher is possible but its a bit long.

I'm not sure what stations would play these songs but at least you can kind of get an idea of what they are about pretty quick. Nice solos, vocals and lyrics clear, not too aggressive.