Why is Axl missing on most of the group photos?

I see nothing "embarrassing"

I do. It's a cringe-worthy picture. So embarrassing.

I have to agree. None of these guys had anything to do with Paradise City and the only one in the band that did, is not there. LOL.

You're a normal person, of course you have to agree. It's not that they can't promote what other people wrote but where's Axl? He's the one who MUST be there. :lol:

• Like 3

I've been of two minds about this in the past. Sometimes I think it's just ridiculous that Axl isn't there for all Guns N' Roses related business. Other times I think maybe the idea is to get the other guys faces out there. If Axl were there, maybe it would just make him the focal point, thus pushing further the "It's just Axl and some other guys" thing.

I have to agree. None of these guys had anything to do with Paradise City and the only one in the band that did, is not there. LOL.

You're a normal person, of course you have to agree. It's not that they can't promote what other people wrote but where's Axl? He's the one who MUST be there. :lol:

He doesn't do the band any favors by not being present in the promotional shots...

I've been of two minds about this in the past. Sometimes I think it's just ridiculous that Axl isn't there for all Guns N' Roses related business. Other times I think maybe the idea is to get the other guys faces out there. If Axl were there, maybe it would just make him the focal point, thus pushing further the "It's just Axl and some other guys" thing.

Interesting. However I think that without Axl it is more like "Who are these guys?"... Putting out music with the current people involved would be the best way to diminish the confusion and give the bandmembers credit and presence but Axl has no interest in even writing with these guys as a collective..

If someone must be introducing these guys, that should definitely be Axl. Like he did with Ashba in TMS or with Bumblefoot in Jimmy Kimmel.

Remember the little interview he did in... I don't know, Israel or something? Where Dizzy tells a joke nobody understands? :lol: That's what Axl should be doing, instead of hiding all the time.

He doesn't do the band any favors by not being present in the promotional shots...

Interesting. However I think that without Axl it is more like "Who are these guys?"... Putting out music with the current people involved would be the best way to diminish the confusion and give the bandmembers credit and presence but Axl has no interest in even writing with these guys as a collective..

If someone must be introducing these guys, that should definitely be Axl. Like he did with Ashba in TMS or with Bumblefoot in Jimmy Kimmel.

Remember the little interview he did in... I don't know, Israel or something? Where Dizzy tells a joke nobody understands? :lol: That's what Axl should be doing, instead of hiding all the time.

I definitely hear both points. I wasn't trying to create a strong argument in favor of Axl not being there BTW. It's just something that's crossed my mind. I was probably having a fit of trying to justify some of the things that goes on with this band when I came up with it :lol:

So to you, having the honor of a street in Vegas being temporarily renamed after one of your songs is cringeworthy, but having 5 ex GNR members accept an award on behalf of GNR is awesome and praise worthy?

So to you, having the honor of a street in Vegas being temporarily renamed after one of your songs is cringeworthy, but having 5 ex GNR members accept an award on behalf of GNR is awesome and praise worthy?

LOL! Those 5 ex-bandmembers had more to do with Guns N' Roses than these guys ever will. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Paradise City was not written by Dizzy, Ashba, Ron, Frank, Pitman, Fortus and Tommy

Edited by Young_Gun
  • Like 1

Because he is lazy and can't be bothered.

Sure, we can dress it up with dutiful fan spin, but that's the reality.

He doesn't give a fuck. Doesn't want to take the time, and no one else in the "band" can tell him otherwise.

Or the more likely scenario: Axl has more important things to do in his free time

I thought you weren't ignorant regarding Gn'R history. Alright, maybe you don't know but it's not their song, they didn't write one single word or note of Paradise City. The remaining member of the group that did, is not there. That's cringe-worthy and embarrassing.

• Like 1

I thought you weren't ignorant regarding Gn'R history. Alright, maybe you don't know but it's not their song, they didn't write one single word or note of Paradise City. The remaining member of the group that did, is not there. That's cringe-worthy and embarrassing.

Its a Guns N' Roses song, they are Guns N' Roses
  • Like 1

Its a Guns N' Roses song, they are Guns N' Roses

They're not Guns N' Roses, they're in a band Axl decided to call Guns N' Roses. There's a difference there.

The sign says "Paradise City - Guns N' Roses" not "Guns N' Roses". The song, Paradise City, has nothing to do with them since it was written by other people.

• Like 2