Axl is the greatest troll of all time

Guest NGOG

If you go and watch the Rock In Rio intro, Axl makes light of the Howard Hughes comparisons:

The US government gave Howard Hughes $13 million to produce a flying-boat known as the “Hercules”. It didn’t materialize until WW2 was over (and only actually flew once).

Geffen gave Axl Rose $13 million to produce “Chinese Democracy”. Despite starting as early as 1999, the record didn’t see the light of day until 2008 (and was forgotten about very quickly).

Both concepts missed their individual deadlines, and thus their opportunity at becoming relevant. Both endured varying rates of productivity, and infinite numbers of overpaid staff.

Maybe it’s just me, but I was absolutely blown away by this finding. It’s like Axl loves to prove the myths surrounding his character.

Edited by NGOG

If you go and watch the Rock In Rio intro, Axl makes light of the Howard Hughes comparisons:

The US government gave Howard Hughes $13 million to produce a flying-boat known as the “Hercules”. It didn’t materialize until WW2 was over (and only actually flew once).

Geffen gave Axl Rose $13 million to produce “Chinese Democracy”. Despite starting as early as 1999, the record didn’t see the light of day until 2008 (and was forgotten about very quickly).

Both concepts missed their individual deadlines, and thus their opportunity at becoming relevant. Both endured varying rates of productivity, and infinite numbers of overpaid staff.

Maybe it’s just me, but I was absolutely blown away by this finding. It’s like Axl loves to prove the myths surrounding his character.

Wow- this statement is like Christmas Morning- absolute softball right over the plate- for the "CD did pan out to be everything it was built up to be & change music forever" crowd. One can only assume the ensuing posts here will be EPIC.

Axl's been trolling you all since 1995

And in your mind that must be a fucking cool thing. As a real fan, I think it's sad that Axl "cupcakes" his fans.

This.

From 1987-1993 - Axl rocked us all out of our minds with an amazing band and four amazing albums.

It is sad that Axl lost that desire and emotion.

The fact that somebody would think it is funny that he lost that connection with the fans over the last 20 years.......and that he is doing it on purpose..........just weird.

The fact that somebody would think it is funny that he lost that connection with the fans over the last 20 years.......and that he is doing it on purpose..........just weird.

They have to tell themselves this.

They must convince themselves its super cool and all part of the masterplan. Its better than having to admit their favorite singer of alltime pissed it all away.

Others, like myself, don't have that affliction. he will always be my favorite singer of alltime. but he fucked this all up, and I don't find anyone that can't say those words out loud to be at all credible. I post at HTGTH in a constant state of head shaking and eye rolling.

• Like 2

They have to tell themselves this.

They must convince themselves its super cool and all part of the masterplan. Its better than having to admit their favorite singer of alltime pissed it all away.

Others, like myself, don't have that affliction. he will always be my favorite singer of alltime. but he fucked this all up, and I don't find anyone that can't say those words out loud to be at all credible. I post at HTGTH in a constant state of head shaking and eye rolling.

No kidding. That is what is so mind blowing about this forum.

People on here actually praise and say it's a good thing that Axl doesn't release music and doesn't communicate with his fans.

Only on this forum is it a bad thing to release albums every couple of years and do media events (talk shows, perform at awards shows, etc).

Weird.

Axl is more self-aware than a lot of his detractors give him credit for. I've always admired that about him. Honestly, I just accept him for who he is. He's an artist- they can be mercurial. It's not that I don't want more music, or more openness, but I respect who he is. I understand it.

I remember one concert where he was addressing some fan in the audience who was causing a ruckus, and he said to the guy "If you think you're a bigger asshole than me." There was another time, much more recently, where a photographer told him he had been to 4 shows, and Axl responded "What, 20 years ago?"

• Like 4

lol at all the cupcakes getting upset because they have been trolled even harder by someone they cupcake day after day after day on a fan forum.

Axl is more self-aware than a lot of his detractors give him credit for. I've always admired that about him. Honestly, I just accept him for who he is. He's an artist- they can be mercurial. It's not that I don't want more music, or more openness, but I respect who he is. I understand it.

I remember one concert where he was addressing some fan in the audience who was causing a ruckus, and he said to the guy "If you think you're a bigger asshole than me." There was another time, much more recently, where a photographer told him he had been to 4 shows, and Axl responded "What, 20 years ago?"

Was that were he said he was "King Dick"? :lol:

• Like 2

lol at all the cupcakes getting upset because they have been trolled even harder by someone they cupcake day after day after day on a fan forum.

Do you actually know what the word cupcake means?

Who in this thread is getting upset? Most people are having a laugh, because most people don't take the world of a rock singer that seriously.

But if you think Axl is trolling people and that makes you happy............man, I just don't understand your logic or the way you try and paint everything that Axl does into a positive light. But sure. I'm a cupcake because I wish my favorite singer had released five albums worth of material over the past 15 years for his millions of fans to enjoy.........but you are more happy that Axl has done the opposite, because that means he has "trolled the cupcakes"?????? I wish Axl worried more about his millions of fans, rather than a few people who don't like him. I guess that's a huge difference between the two of us.

• Like 1

Lol at the fanatics who think Axl is badass for "trolling" his fans, whatever that means.

Its called Battered Wife Syndrome, except its warped adornment of Axl Rose.

Here are the listed symptoms.

Just replace voilence with what Axl gets up to and it all falls into place...

Symptoms

Repeated cycles of violence treating your fans like shit and reconciliation can result in the following beliefs and attitudes:

• The abused thinks that the violence lack of normal lead singer activity by their idol was his or her fault.
  • The abused has an ability to place the responsibility for the violence lack of normal lead singer activity by their idol elsewhere.
  • abused has an irrational belief that the abuser is omnipresent and omniscient always lurking on myGNR
Edited by Intercourse
  • Like 1

I seriously wouldn't put it past Axl to conciously match the figure Howard Hughes spent on 'Hercules'. Just to see if anybody would pick up on it.

After all, Axl was labelled a "modern day Howard Hughes" throughout Chinese Democracy. Why not perforn the ultimate cupcake and do everything in a Hughes-like fashion?

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 1