HMV speculates about possible albums of 2014 : Guns N' Roses

There's been absolutely NOTHING from the GN'R camp that says any sort of new music releases are on the horizon. I can't imagine why people would be running articles that say otherwise.

Maybe he has a similar source just like the Media Crew has?

"There is a lot more to come in 2014. And MyGNR has got you covered - breaking GNR news FIRST and FAST."

• Like 1

There's been absolutely NOTHING from the GN'R camp that says any sort of new music releases are on the horizon. I can't imagine why people would be running articles that say otherwise.

Maybe he has a similar source just like the Media Crew has?

"There is a lot more to come in 2014. And MyGNR has got you covered - breaking GNR news FIRST and FAST."

Wasn't there also something about a reissue of Greatest Hits with songs from CD and new ones added (replacing Ain't It Fun and a few other tracks)? I thought it was on wikipedia, but it looks like it's been changed.

while i'm all for positive press AND the idea of a new record, i'm afraid this is the kind of thing that gets people's hopes up for no reason. for example:

However, strong rumours have been swirling since the end of 2012 about an album in 2014 and certainly recording will have been taking place in between GnR’s sporadic, yet fairly constant, touring since 2008 so the notion isn’t as fanciful as it may seem…

Ron and DJ have both specifically stated that no new music has been recorded by the band since they began touring. Ron even said that songs he had tentatively written for GN'R ended up going on his solo set because they were going unfulfilled.

There is literally nothing to indicate they have scheduled recording time for a new record. So HMV is being more than hopeful, they're kind of rumour-mongering with this.

• Like 4

At least it said "hopefully" and not "Let's hope they don't release another album" all of that was surprisingly positive and optimistic. I rarely if ever like or agree with articles written on GnR but I really like this one, even if they have taken a few liberties (No hard evidence saying recording has taken place). New album in 2015 is my best guess though, no way! in hell can they get in to the studio and release anything in under a year, even if the songs are written... big IF. It would be the best thing they could do knocking an album out quick but realistically, it ain't gonna happen!

I really hope they do, I keep saying it but it bears repeating.

They have the press for it, mostly positive, people WANT another album. They have a solid lineup. They have shows booked to promote the album. Going down leaked and was well received by critics... Now's the time. The CD tour has gone on for 13 years now and has become a joke to the public. CD was a joke to the public. GnR has a chance, like they had in 2001/2002, to reinvent themselves. Do they have a shot at becoming as famous as they were in 1992 or like the new band could've been? Probably not. Do they have a chance to become a well received popular band with a few radio hits, definitely. 2014 is the year. People want an album. This lineup has been together for 5 years now. The time is right, the press is right, the band is right, do it.

I think GNR should just release new music like Beyoncé did and not tell anyone until it's released.

Whatever news GNR seems to get no one believes it anyway. As long as Axl remains quiet about new music, no one will believe it's going to happen.

First word and last word has and always will be with Axl Rose.

I think GNR should just release new music like Beyoncé did and not tell anyone until it's released.

Whatever news GNR seems to get no one believes it anyway. As long as Axl remains quiet about new music, no one will believe it's going to happen.

First word and last word has and always will be with Axl Rose.

Was that planned for Beyoncé or did the label want no part of her and didn't want to spend any money on promotion?