Why Axl doesn't want to do a reunion?

What do you think is the reason for it? Feud with Slash? I still wonder what is the primary reason not doing it? Duff and Izzy have joined with him on stage couple of times..Is there something the general public and fans have not heard that will prevent it happening...I mean it would be the biggest thing ever to happen in music scene..To me and for many fans it would be the coolest thing to happen..a dream come true :lol: To this day I don't know what is the reason Axl not wanting it..Doesn't Axl realize that his current GnR is not EVER going to be as big as the Appetite/Illusion lineup? I know Axl has said that this reunion "dance" just gets on and on cause the current situation is not what the fans want..I'm honest when I say I'm not happy with the current GnR situation for many reasons..I don't see much potential on this band to say the truth..

Edited by gunnari

Axl has also said that "the truth has been out there for a long time but that is not what you want so this dance just goes on and on"...My question is: WHAT FUCKING TRUTH?? Anyone?? And when Axl chatted with us someone asked him "What is preventing you from taking stage with the old guys?" Axl responded: "You have been lied for many years etc..."...What was he saying in there?

Edited by gunnari

He hates Slash and pretty much always has. It's well documented. (Slash is a cancer...should have never been in Guns...etc....one of them will die before a reunion happens....pretty sure if Slash dies 1st Axl will have a huge party) Been talked about 1000X's on here. Hence a reunion won't happen.

He hates Slash and pretty much always has. It's well documented. (Slash is a cancer...should have never been in Guns...etc....one of them will die before a reunion happens....pretty sure if Slash dies 1st Axl will have a huge party) Been talked about 1000X's on here. Hence a reunion won't happen.

It's a long time someone to hold a grudge..What did Slash do wrong? Leaving the band? To me it looks like Axl cares about Slash but doesn't want to admit it..I think Picard from Star Trek describes Axl's anger PERFECTLY:

Edited by gunnari
  • Like 1

A silly feud that got out of hand. Happens so much in families, with friends. I know two sisters who didn't speak for four years and it was over absolutely nothing but to those two it was very important. Longer it goes on more justification you can find. Axl would have to eat a massive dose of humble pie and I think we all know he isn't going to do that. Shame but seems to be how it is.

Because he doesn't want to...get over it.

Get over it? You act like the person cries everyday cause his favorite singer won't reunite with the original band. I think he's just curious. Why do you get so annoyed when people mention a reunion? 90% of the fans want a reunion, get over it.

• Like 1

Get over it? You act like the person cries everyday cause his favorite singer won't reunite with the original band. I think he's just curious. Why do you get so annoyed when people mention a reunion? 90% of the fans want a reunion, get over it.

You guys always cry over it. It's not 1987 anymore. Get over it.

The current GNR lineup is the most stable and professional line up in GNR history..why anyone would complain about that is mind boggling.

• Like 2

Not really, the way they use to interact on stage, even on the UYI tour, is NOT how two people who hate eachother interact.

Based on all of the information thats available to us, I think during GNR, Slash was more fed up with Axl than Axl was fed up with Slash. When Slash started working on other music outside of Guns and eventually left, Axl was hurt and hasn't been able to forgive him. I think it's safe to say that Axl is an emotional guy, and he had already gone through his nasty breakup with Stephanie, then this happens and it upsets him even more. Even then though, a short period after he left Axl tried to get Slash to rejoin the band and he wouldn't. Years later Slash is talking about why he left GNR in the press, cites Axl, this angers him more, and he sort of sets out on this journey to prove that he never needed Slash and in a sad way I think it has kind of consumed him.

Then theres the "Slash and Axl were romantically involved" theory. Which is interesting, though I'm not sure I buy it. It would explain why the hatred is so strangely deep seeded and has lasted so long though.

I mean... Slash has always had kind of a lisp...

The current GNR lineup is the most stable and professional line up in GNR history..why anyone would complain about that is mind boggling.

It's also easily by far THE MOST BORING. What is mind boggling about that?

Why would Axl reunite with Slash and why would Slash reunite with Axl if they are fine working with other people in their own projects? Both of them are the bosses of their own bands and they both seem very much content with that.

Plus, I don't want Axl anywhere near Slash or Duff. They're both doing fine and are not embarrassing themselves.

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 1

Not really, the way they use to interact on stage, even on the UYI tour, is NOT how two people who hate eachother interact.

Based on all of the information thats available to us, I think during GNR, Slash was more fed up with Axl than Axl was fed up with Slash. When Slash started working on other music outside of Guns and eventually left, Axl was hurt and hasn't been able to forgive him. I think it's safe to say that Axl is an emotional guy, and he had already gone through his nasty breakup with Stephanie, then this happens and it upsets him even more. Even then though, a short period after he left Axl tried to get Slash to rejoin the band and he wouldn't. Years later Slash is talking about why he left GNR in the press, cites Axl, this angers him more, and he sort of sets out on this journey to prove that he never needed Slash and in a sad way I think it has kind of consumed him.

Then theres the "Slash and Axl were romantically involved" theory. Which is interesting, though I'm not sure I buy it. It would explain why the hatred is so strangely deep seeded and has lasted so long though.

I mean... Slash has always had kind of a lisp...

Come on man even you know they put on a great show whether or not you are happy with their musical output or the over all situation.

You guys always cry over it. It's not 1987 anymore. Get over it.

Stable and professional without a single release. If you don't understand why people complain about it... well, you don't understand, you're volcano.

Come on man even you know they put on a great show whether or not you are happy with their musical output or the over all situation.

When Axl is in the zone, yes. It's just dissappointing how safe they play it, and I know "I'm just a fan and they don't owe me anything", but all of the other artists I listen to are constantly working on and releasing new material between tours, they clearly have a drive in them and it's so fun and exciting when they play a new song live or release a single online. Then there's Axl and his complacency with touring on the same old hits over and over and over again, it's like Guns N' Roses has already fallen into the same category as Aerosmith and The Rolling Stones, bands MUCH MUCH older than GNR, bands old enough to influence GNRs music, and it's kind of a bummer.

Just my opinion. At one point it seemed like Axl really had big plans for this new band, securing the rights to the name and ambitiously experimenting with the sound and adding unique members. Now we have another classic rock band with one remaining original member playing nostalgia tours in the same league as today's Foreigner and Skid Row. yuck. If there wasn't clearly a plan for this to be something greater in the late 90's/early 00's I don't think so many fans would feel let down.

• Like 2

Plus, I don't want Axl anywhere near Slash or Duff. They're both doing fine and are not embarrassing themselves.

This.

It would an anticlimactic reunion unless Axl felt that competition again and gave the extra effort to shine. Now, he just gets low profile guys that won't threaten his spotlight so he can half ass it and get by.

There are probably several reasons.

1. Axl and Slash don't want to work together. Everybody has someone in their life that they feel did them wrong and would prefer to never even look at again.

2. The only former member who seems to get excited over the financial payoff of a reunion is Steven Adler, and he has no say in the matter.

3. People already look at the current lineup as a watered down version of GNR consisting of Axl and a bunch of other guys. If a reunion show happened, any credibility the current lineup has would be completely ruined.

4. Axl is afraid of failure and rejection (read Marc Canter's Q&A section). What if they get back together and no one cares? He may kill himself.

• Like 1

Not even if Slash and axl made amends axl would want a reunion! It's not just about the feud it's that a reunion isn't gonna make axl any happier, he doesnt have any interest in it. So even if he and slash made peace there won't be any reunion, ever!

Get over it