Why Axl doesn't want to do a reunion?

He hates Slash and pretty much always has. It's well documented. (Slash is a cancer...should have never been in Guns...etc....one of them will die before a reunion happens....pretty sure if Slash dies 1st Axl will have a huge party) Been talked about 1000X's on here. Hence a reunion won't happen.

Not really, the way they use to interact on stage, even on the UYI tour, is NOT how two people who hate eachother interact.

Based on all of the information thats available to us, I think during GNR, Slash was more fed up with Axl than Axl was fed up with Slash. When Slash started working on other music outside of Guns and eventually left, Axl was hurt and hasn't been able to forgive him. I think it's safe to say that Axl is an emotional guy, and he had already gone through his nasty breakup with Stephanie, then this happens and it upsets him even more. Even then though, a short period after he left Axl tried to get Slash to rejoin the band and he wouldn't. Years later Slash is talking about why he left GNR in the press, cites Axl, this angers him more, and he sort of sets out on this journey to prove that he never needed Slash and in a sad way I think it has kind of consumed him.

Then theres the "Slash and Axl were romantically involved" theory. Which is interesting, though I'm not sure I buy it. It would explain why the hatred is so strangely deep seeded and has lasted so long though.

I mean... Slash has always had kind of a lisp...

The current GNR lineup is the most stable and professional line up in GNR history..why anyone would complain about that is mind boggling.

It's also easily by far THE MOST BORING. What is mind boggling about that?

Come on man even you know they put on a great show whether or not you are happy with their musical output or the over all situation.

What musical output?

He hates Slash and pretty much always has. It's well documented. (Slash is a cancer...should have never been in Guns...etc....one of them will die before a reunion happens....pretty sure if Slash dies 1st Axl will have a huge party) Been talked about 1000X's on here. Hence a reunion won't happen.

Not really, the way they use to interact on stage, even on the UYI tour, is NOT how two people who hate eachother interact.

Based on all of the information thats available to us, I think during GNR, Slash was more fed up with Axl than Axl was fed up with Slash. When Slash started working on other music outside of Guns and eventually left, Axl was hurt and hasn't been able to forgive him. I think it's safe to say that Axl is an emotional guy, and he had already gone through his nasty breakup with Stephanie, then this happens and it upsets him even more. Even then though, a short period after he left Axl tried to get Slash to rejoin the band and he wouldn't. Years later Slash is talking about why he left GNR in the press, cites Axl, this angers him more, and he sort of sets out on this journey to prove that he never needed Slash and in a sad way I think it has kind of consumed him.

This.

I have always believed the truth lies in the middle. I do believe Axl when he says "Slash is a liar, he just wants people to think he's cool." Even Marc Canter has seconded that notion. I'm not saying he lies about big things, but I do think he tells a lot of "white lies" in order to seem like the cool guy. When guns were breaking up, Slash was very vocal about the "Seymore ballads, the big videos, the dolphins" He felt they weren't rock and roll and all that. But I would bet anything, while they were making those songs and videos he was all for it. But when some fans or critics turned against them, so did Slash. If I was Axl that would piss me off as well. It is a very two faced way to be, which I do think Slash does in fact act that way. Again I don't think he did it to personally hurt Axl, he did it to seem cool. But it in turn did hurt Axl. Because here is one of his best friends talking shit in the press. Go back and watch those interviews from 94~96, Slash is talking shit. No way around it. But I don't think he intended it to break up the band, I think he was trying to make his points to Axl, he just choose a very poor way to do it. But when Slash quit, that really hurt Axl a lot, which I don't think he has ever gotten over it.

On the other side, I can see how Slash probably was fed up with a lot of what was going on. They were talking about movies and all these grand schemes, when Slash just wants to make good old fashion rock and roll. Plus I do think that Axl is difficult to work with, he probably has a very clear idea of what he wants, and won't stop until he gets it. Then when Slash's songs were initially rejected, it pissed him off. That's when the shit talking in the press really started. Then before long he quit.

But at the end of the day, they both deserve their fair share of the blame. But it's nothing a half way decent therapist couldn't help find a resolution to. But that's the biggest problem, neither guy really tried to find common ground.

• Like 1

Because it involves admitting he was wrong (even somewhat), and that he failed to creatively continue GNR without any of the others. That on top of his weird, disturbing, venomous hatred towards Slash.

He's just too stubborn and delusional to admit it. The people who keep telling him he's right just to keep their meal tickets ain't helping either.

At this point, I just wish Axl would retire and let the name die the peaceful death it should have died nearly two decades ago. But a reunion is always gonna be the superior option compared to what we "got" now.

Edited by Bobbo
  • Like 2

It would be hilarious if Axl decided to do a reunion and then Slash said no. :lol:

Slash has been begging to return for a long time now he knows he made a mistake by stabbing Axl in the back....let's not forget the 5 am visit trashing his VR bandmates just to warm up to Axl.

Edited by volcano62
  • Like 1

It would be hilarious if Axl decided to do a reunion and then Slash said no. :lol:

Slash has been begging to return for a long time now he knows he made a mistake by stabbing Axl in the back....let's not forget the 5 am visit trashing his VR bandmates just to warm up to Axl.
Don't forget the showing up to the Vegas gig with guitar in hand either

condescending.gif.pagespeed.ce.rUH-qq6mc

• Like 2

Because Axl is respectful of his young GNR-EDUCATING fans who feel that Frank Ferrer is Gn'R. He doesn't wanna deny them the privilege of seeing Frank and Fortus tear it up on stage , despite the fact that none of the current lineup have anything to do with the reason that 90% of people go to see Gn'R these days. Yes my numbers are accurate, I took a poll.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx
  • Like 2

How can anyone forget that :lol:

What do you think is the reason for it? Feud with Slash? I still wonder what is the primary reason not doing it? Duff and Izzy have joined with him on stage couple of times..Is there something the general public and fans have not heard that will prevent it happening...I mean it would be the biggest thing ever to happen in music scene..To me and for many fans it would be the coolest thing to happen..a dream come true :lol: To this day I don't know what is the reason Axl not wanting it..Doesn't Axl realize that his current GnR is not EVER going to be as big as the Appetite/Illusion lineup? I know Axl has said that this reunion "dance" just gets on and on cause the current situation is not what the fans want..I'm honest when I say I'm not happy with the current GnR situation for many reasons..I don't see much potential on this band to say the truth..

Pride and stubbornness.

And he knows he would just be a band member at this point. He couldn't run the ship like a dictator like he does now. And he knows the rest of the guys would not put up with Team Brazil interfering with the band. And he knows the rest of the guys love to create and share music with their fans on a regular basis, and that is something Axl isn't interested in doing.

HOLY CRAP. This is getting ridiculous.

So according to WF and Volcano...........

This is the best and most stable line-up ever. Even though they haven't released ANY music as a band. (Original band - 4 amazing albums in 5 years)

The "true fans" are happy with Axl and this line-up. Even though they haven't released ANY music as a band. And Axl released 1 album in 15 years.

And they think it is a bad thing that Slash showed up to watch GnR perform live.

And they think it is a bad thing that Slash went to Axl's house to try and mend fences - face-to-face. And instead of being a man and talking to him, Axl sent out his "mother" to take care of it.

You guys seriously can't think this way, right?

You are just trolling, trying to get a reaction out of people.

Edited by Groghan
  • Like 1

HOLY CRAP. This is getting ridiculous.

So according to WF and Volcano...........

This is the best and most stable line-up ever. Even though they haven't released ANY music as a band. (Original band - 4 amazing albums in 5 years)

The "true fans" are happy with Axl and this line-up. Even though they haven't released ANY music as a band. And Axl released 1 album in 15 years.

And they think it is a bad thing that Slash showed up to watch GnR perform live.

And they think it is a bad thing that Slash went to Axl's house to try and mend fences - face-to-face. And instead of being a man and talking to him, Axl sent out his "mother" to take care of it.

You guys seriously can't think this way, right?

You are just trolling, trying to get a reaction out of people.

Idol worship can be very a strange and creepy phenomenon

• Like 1

Because after Slash abandoned him, he was determined to prove he totally didn't need him anyway. And even though he has failed miserably at that, he seems to think that as long as he doesn't admit it (ie reunion), no one will notice. And that strategy has apparently worked on some folks, so I guess it's not as batshit stupid as it appears on paper.

And I'm glad of it. I wanted a reunion ten, maybe even five years ago, but not now. Axl is in no condition to take the stage as GNR with the actual GNR, it would be fucking painful.

How can anyone forget that :lol:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Axl has made a drunk 5 am appearance to Slash's house or shown up at a Slash gig with a microphone in his hand
  • Like 1

I think Slash realized after Libertad tanked so bad, that he needs Axl more than Axl needs him. Without Axl, Slash is just a has-been cheeserock guitarist making stock riffs, a shadow of his former creative self.

Messages, She Builds and Let It Roll were cool

I think Slash realized after Libertad tanked so bad, that he needs Axl more than Axl needs him. Without Axl, Slash is just a has-been cheeserock guitarist making stock riffs, a shadow of his former creative self.

But Slash is still being creative on some level. There is no indication whatsoever that Axl has written any lyrics since 2007.

Because after Slash abandoned him, he was determined to prove he totally didn't need him anyway. And even though he has failed miserably at that, he seems to think that as long as he doesn't admit it (ie reunion), no one will notice. And that strategy has apparently worked on some folks, so I guess it's not as batshit stupid as it appears on paper.

And I'm glad of it. I wanted a reunion ten, maybe even five years ago, but not now. Axl is in no condition to take the stage as GNR with the actual GNR, it would be fucking painful.

Great post.

Wf - why in the world do you see Slash showing up to talk to Axl as being a bad thing, or something to insult him for? That makes no sense at all.

Two guys are feuding.

One guy goes to the others house to talk.

One guy refuses to talk and sends his fake mother out to shoo the other guy away.

HOW in the world do you take what Slash did as being bad and what Axl doing as being good?

Of the 7 billion people in the world, Marybeth, volcano, Axl and Beta might be the only people that agree with you.

Seriously dude - do you really believe that?

Take Axl and Slash out of the picture.

Two guys get into a huge fight.

Guy 1 goes to Guy 2's house to apologize and try and mend fences.

Guy 2 refuses to see him and has his mother take care of his business.

Guy 2 sounds f*cking ridiculous.

There is just no way that anybody that isn't specifically trolling would take Axl's side in that situation.

• Like 1

I think there are two reasons: Slash, and knowing that if there was a reunion he would pretty much be implying that what he has been doing since '96 wasn't the real deal.

This. Axl tried to successfully re-brand GNR without Slash. Axl failed dismally. And that's why he's still all Taylor Swift about him instead of having hashed it out years ago like a fucking adult. Fuck the reunion, in the general scheme of things, whatever happened between them appears to be pretty trivial. That he still has such a sandy vagina is embarrassing.

Edited by Angelica

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Axl has made a drunk 5 am appearance to Slash's house or shown up at a Slash gig with a microphone in his hand

Probably because Axl hardly shows up for anything.

Fucking ace.