Be honest, how did you feel about Tracy and Roberta? Did it tarnish the rock n' roll aspect of GnR for you?

Didn't love it or hate. Just kind of like whatever. It for sure didn't tarnish the rock n roll aspect to me, they aren't the only rock band I've ever seen use back up singers. Plus it was the UYI tour, I have a hard time making a big deal about 2 chicks that sang back up on a couple of songs.

It was part of the theatre of it all. It was a massive touring circus and I think they wanted to give the casual fans a real experience, maybe Axl was going for a Rolling Stones type performance?

At the time I didn't know any different, didn't think to question it, it was just how the band was at that time. I thought it worked best on Move To The City but for me it added to the vibe, of it been a real "show" rather than just a gig.

I never had a problem with it. Was it overkill? Perhaps, but it didn't take away from the songs that they joined on. Like others have mentioned, it was Guns' answer to the Stones and other similar bands taking backing muscians on the road for an added dimension. I like how Slash mentions in his biography that Axl came up with the idea for backing musicians and asked Slash to go find some, so he decided on some hot girls. :lol:

I was too young to notice them at the time but when I watch them now it does detract from the whole rock n' roll/street/raw motif that made Guns big. It just became bloated really.

That's pretty much it.

I was recently listening to a music podcast and the hosts were talking about GnR and how they went from being the most grittiest and 'real' rock band out there to taking themselves way too seriously with dolphins and big productions instead of just kick-ass rock shows.