Is Frank Ferrer the worst GNR drummer ever?

IRanOutOfIdeas

Is Frank Ferrer the worst GNR drummer ever?  

227 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hate the way he plays Mr. Brownstone.

does anyone remember the compilation video with all of frank's mistakes and axl calling him on it? if anyone has the link it would be appreciated

+1, I want to watch it
I could make one with Ashba's for you, but it would probably be a few hours long.

Am I the only one who doesn't give one single flying fuck about who the drummer is? I've never in my life noticed the drums on a song unless somebody specifically pointed out something to me and even then I have to try really hard to make them out. And that goes double for bass.

But me? I don't like Frank Ferrer at all. I do appreciate how he's actually a nice and very humble guy, but he's just not a good drummer.

What authority do you have to say that? What arguments dou you have to prove that?

He has none at all.

What authority do you guys have to say he's not a bad drummer?

None at all I guess.

I didn't know you had to have professional background to share opinions on this board.

• Like 1

I think Frank and Matt are the most suited drummers GN'R has ever had. Most talented? No. Brain would be the most talented. Least talented and entertaining would definitely go to Adler. Now, I am not saying he is NOT talented, I am just saying out of the 4 main drummers GN'R has had, Steven is, in my opinion, the least talented.

But me? I don't like Frank Ferrer at all. I do appreciate how he's actually a nice and very humble guy, but he's just not a good drummer.

What authority do you have to say that? What arguments dou you have to prove that?

He has none at all.

None at all I guess.

I didn't know you had to have professional background to share opinions on this board.

He's not bad and he's not the best. He's just a professional drummer.

I don't think you will get a better unbiased opinion than that.

You know you got nothin' when your best counter is, "Well, I bet you can't drum as well as Frank!" :lol:

Why do you guys always have to disrespect everything related to GNR?

Please. I know that's your narrative, but even the laziest look around would tell you that's not the case. You just get mad because some of us don't like same versions of the band as you do.

Besides, I've said nothing disparaging about Frank in this thread. My only two comments were toward the absurdity of certain arguments being made.

• Like 1

He has none at all.

None at all I guess.

I didn't make a fact-like statement. Furthermore, even when expressing opinions, one should be able to elaborate. otherwise, it's just trolling

He has none at all.

None at all I guess.

I didn't make a fact-like statement. Furthermore, even when expressing opinions, one should be able to elaborate. otherwise, it's just trolling

I believe that saying " I do appreciate how he's actually a nice and very humble guy, but he's just not a good drummer" is a legitimate and respectful opinion. Can't see any sign of trolling in the guy's post. Compare it to Volcano's post, for example where he often calls the ex-members "junkies", "media whores" and stuff like that....

I voted no. I don't have a problem at all with Frank. Most of what people would call his biggest mistakes have actually been Axl's fault due to miscounting/mistiming. Frank is a solid, reliable rock drummer so he's a good fit for the band.

I used to not care for Sorum's drumming at all but part of that was the awful compressed drum sound on the Illusions. Live and the rest of his career has made me warm up to him big time and I'd now say he's probably my favorite Guns drummer. I never thought Brain felt right in the band once Buckethead left for whatever reason, but as far as technical skill he was probably the best. Up there with Freese anyways, although it's hard to really judge Freese because of what little we have from his time with the band.

Nobody can play the Appetite songs like Steven though.