What songs from the "classic era" do you think any version of nuguns does better than the classic guys?

Simple topic, what songs (if any) do you think nugnr does better than classic gnr? This is open to all era's of nugnr, 2001~2014, but it has to be a classic song.

I actually like the way the current band plays don't cry over the classic band. The way Bumble's starts it out, then Axl comes in, then by the solo the whole band is on it. It's just awesome imo, a highlight of the concert imo. And yes I do think it's better than any performance of that song the classic band ever did. But it's the only one.

Honestly, none. I prefer Axl's old voice, full of rasp. I prefer Slash's blues-y guitars and tone. I prefer Duff's playing (Tommy sounds basically the same but at least Duff wrote that stuff). I dislike Ron's tone and tendency to shred. I dislike DJ generally speaking and Axl's voice is really bad since the end of the 09-10 leg of the Chinese Democracy World Tour.

• Like 2

I actually prefered SCOM in 2002. I liked axl's voice on it at the time, I actually liked the tone Robin used in the intro too.

Another one would be nightrain in 2001/2002. Bucket's solo in Boston was the greatest solo anyone in GnR has done.

• Like 2

Guest Len B'stard

None of em. But then by the same token i don't think Old Guns would've done TWAT like NuGuns do. I can imagine Slash really laying into Better though.

The new band are much better musically. You can talk about "feel" and stuff but the original band were sloppy at best and drunk which doesn't help.

Mr Brownstone is so powerful now, the old band couldn't get it sounding that good.

Funny how opinions are different. I completely disagree with everything you just posted. If there's one thing the new band is not is powerful. Their sound is very flat for my ears, even having 3 guitars and 2 keyboards. Just my opinion of course.

• Like 1

The only thing i can think of is Axls Jungle intro. The scream he does at the begininning always sends a shiver down my spine. oh and nightrain in '06 was amazing. thats it really :shrugs: musically almost everything the new band plays is inferior to my ears. Can't believe people prefer Estranged by the current band :lol: Ron can't play that song for shit.

• Like 1

I still can't gauge whether Volcano is constantly joking or just a total lunatic. I don't know how you can realistically say you like every song better than it was played by the old band. Why are you even a Guns fan then? But now I'm getting sucked into his sick joke again. That post just flabbergasted me.

It's called an opinion and preference.

We are all different individuals.

For example I find it hard to believe how can anyone not think GNR of today are not more professional and and precise in their performances.

Whatever floats their boat.

For example I find it hard to believe how can anyone not think GNR of today are not more professional and and precise in their performances.

It's called using your eyes and ears.

Which I guess is tough to do when all you see is colon and everything you hear is muffled.

• Like 1

I still can't gauge whether Volcano is constantly joking or just a total lunatic. I don't know how you can realistically say you like every song better than it was played by the old band. Why are you even a Guns fan then? But now I'm getting sucked into his sick joke again. That post just flabbergasted me.

It's called an opinion and preference.

We are all different individuals.

Whatever floats their boat.

But what you see as professional and precise, which is true, also shows the zombie nature of the current shows and the total lack of spontaneity these shows have. These guys are covering note for note, every single night, the songs of the old band. So I don't know what you could like better. Its not like they play it more precise than the studio recordings, because they are playing note for note perfect from the studio versions. They add literally nothing unique at all, and anything they do seems totally devoid of feeling. I'm just saying that I don't get how you think they play the stuff better when note for note its the same stuff as the original guys. You can admire it, but you can honestly say its better?

The new band are much better musically. You can talk about "feel" and stuff but the original band were sloppy at best and drunk which doesn't help.

Mr Brownstone is so powerful now, the old band couldn't get it sounding that good.

Funny how opinions are different. I completely disagree with everything you just posted. If there's one thing the new band is not is powerful. Their sound is very flat for my ears, even having 3 guitars and 2 keyboards. Just my opinion of course.

Have you seen them live, I mean in person. If you're watching it on Youtube it doesn't count... even in HD. When you watch the band they blow your nuts off, great live band... yes Axls voice is a tad weak but if memory serves he has always been hit and miss even 'Back in the old days'. The new band are much tighter, more technically proficient and more reliable... I can't say that about the old band. What I can say about the old band is that they had a certain swagger, and bar band attitude that I loved - yes they were rough around the edges but they were bad-ass. The New band are tight as fook but not gritty and they don't have the swagger, I still love them though as you can't expect two different sets of musicians to react the same way it's just not going to happen.

What songs do they play better than the old...? that's a shitty question, those songs were written by the old guys, that's my 1st memory of those songs... the old band played the old material better, no question! I do like Bumblefoots rendition of Don't cry (would prefer if the solo section and outro had the full rock band vibe of the original though).