What songs from the "classic era" do you think any version of nuguns does better than the classic guys?

Frank is hardly precise. Axl agrees frequently. Axl is hardly precise. Everyone but Axl and TB agree frequently. The Bridge School Benefit was a disaster not only for Axl but for whoever tuned the acoustics. Hardly precise and professional.

Let's talk about true professionals............the management!

I think we all know "precise" is code for "Slash was sloppy at times." So they disregard how shit the rest of the band is, including Axl.

At times? :blink:

I honestly dare you to find more than 5 times that Slash severely screwed up back in the old days. You are exaggerating it, and Slash was blasted at the time and still got through very precise.

I think we all know "precise" is code for "Slash was sloppy at times." So they disregard how shit the rest of the band is, including Axl.

I honestly dare you to find more than 5 times that Slash severely screwed up back in the old days. You are exaggerating it, and Slash was blasted at the time and still got through very precise.

He couldn't even pull off his own solos. Look for his "take" on Perfect Crime and Out Ta Get Me.

He couldn't even pull off his own solos. Look for his "take" on Perfect Crime and Out Ta Get Me.

I have and they sound amazing. Better than how Axl usually sounded for those songs.

• Like 1

I have and they sound amazing. Better than how Axl usually sounded for those songs.

We are not talking about Axl...we are talking about the actual bands then and now.

I get it when all else fails attack Axl :lol:

I think we're getting back into the "feeling" argument. Precise doesn't mean to the record necessarily. Precise means playing with the band, being able to confidently pull off any song (from the predefined set-list) at any time. They Improvise and embellish, they are tight, just like the old band was... but In a totally different way. This is one of those things that most are never going to agree on, I have no problem with the current band (aside from DJ assbandit) I think they are a great live band... that's all that matters really. Ask yourself this, do they entertain you when I you go to see them...? the answer for me is a definite Yes! I would like more variation and for Axl to get his shit together but the band sound great and that's what we're debating... not Axls ability or lack of to sing in 2011,12,13 or '14.

I think we're getting back into the "feeling" argument. Precise doesn't mean to the record necessarily. Precise means playing with the band, being able to confidently pull off any song (from the predefined set-list) at any time. They Improvise and embellish, they are tight, just like the old band was... but In a totally different way.

This...well said.

None of them. Anyone who says otherwise is either a kid who wasn't around for AFD/UYI or hoping to score party passes from the powers that be.

You have to laugh at some of these arguments. Who cares if this version plays some of the songs more precisely? At least Bucket put his own spin on the tracks while maintaining the feel of the original. You could find 5 guys at your local tavern who can cover the songs note for note as well & if I wanted to hear that I'd stay home&listen to my old CD's.

This is Gn'R not Dream Theater so the raw aspect of the original band is what set them apart and made them unique.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx
  • Like 1

None of them. Anyone who says otherwise is either a kid who wasn't around for AFD/UYI or hoping to score party passes from the powers that be.

You have to laugh at some of these arguments. Who cares if this version plays some of the songs more precisely? At least Bucket put his own spin on the tracks while maintaining the feel of the original. You could find 5 guys at your local tavern who can cover the songs note for note as well & if I wanted to hear that I'd stay home&listen to my old CD's.

This is Gn'R not Dream Theater so the raw aspect of the original band is what set them apart and made them unique.

The raw aspect of the "original" band was shit for estranged and made for horrible performances.