What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Ace Nova

Emergency announcement: Your chance to stream this ends on Saturday, which if you haven't seen it, severely handicaps your ability to participate fully in any discussions regarding bad movies of historical landmark proportions. Also any discussions about couples in films with matching hair, and films with characters named 'Strip'. Re-arrange your week accordingly.

:lol:

I might have to check it out...lol

Thought about starting a thread for this, but figured including it in this thread works. Just watched the documentary "Mitt," which chronicles the behind-the-scenes events of Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney. Definitely makes him come off far more human than he did in his campaign. Seems like a nice guy who doesn't take himself too seriously. Thought the scene of Romney cleaning up after his family/staff in his hotel room was interesting. Makes me wonder if he would have done better in the 2012 election had this documentary been released prior to election night.

I enjoyed it, but not sure if it's worth watching for those not interested in American politics.

Wow...that coming from you must make it a must see.... :lol:

:P

Those wanting to access different regions download hola on windows on chrome and android tablet to view different countries.

US is great for film choice and cheesy american documentries. Brazil is good for tv shows like friends and homeland. UK has a different selection of films that the us.

Search for specific country DNS codes for ipad and ps4/xbox.

I just watched all prison break. Now watching The following.

Beat you to that 6 posts ago. :shrugs:

Yeah the readers prefer my version though.

Nobody gives a shit about your version.

It worked! Thanks to both of you.

Thought about starting a thread for this, but figured including it in this thread works. Just watched the documentary "Mitt," which chronicles the behind-the-scenes events of Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney. Definitely makes him come off far more human than he did in his campaign. Seems like a nice guy who doesn't take himself too seriously. Thought the scene of Romney cleaning up after his family/staff in his hotel room was interesting. Makes me wonder if he would have done better in the 2012 election had this documentary been released prior to election night.

I enjoyed it, but not sure if it's worth watching for those not interested in American politics.

Just finished watching it, thanks for the recommendation. Definitely shows a complete other side to Mitt Romney than what was portrayed by the media....who would have thought? Stand up guy imo....I just think he ran at the wrong time.

Who can recommend me a good american tv series on netflix. Ive seen breaking bad, dexter, 24, prison break and the following.

Love crime and the usual fbi agent shit.or tv stuff with interesting characters like six feet under.

If you haven't watched The Wire, that should be your next tv series. It can be slow, especially at first, but each season does a better job at explaining modern-day American cities than any other program (and most books). Probably has some of the best characters on television outside of Breaking Bad.

Justified is a great cop show. Everyone I recommended it to loves it. The first half of the first season starts a little slow, but it breaks free from being episodic and eventually incorporates season long story arcs. Seasons 2 through 4 are amazing.

Sons of Anarchy is mindless fun, better than Dexter, 24, Prison Break (though not as good as Breaking Bad).

Homeland is another show that you might like if you haven't watched it already. First season was great, second season less so. Third season was better and somewhat required as it sort of wraps up the first two seasons.

Bates Motel was much better than I expected. Looking forward to the second season that launches in a few weeks. Definitely a criminal element in it. The acting is really strong and a lot of depth to the characters.

Copper (though it's made by BBC), takes place in New York cities around the 1860s. I haven't watched this myself, but my girlfriend really likes it.

House of Cards was thoroughly enjoyable (again, if you haven't watched it). Definitely a story about crime, though it is highly political.

The Americans. Only been one season but really enjoyed it. Think I prefer it to Homeland. Great cast of characters and a fun trip back to the early 1980s.

Rescue Me. Not a cop show, but a fun show about fire fighters. A little too centred on 9/11, but pretty decent.

The Newsroom. Great writing and acting. It's either a love or hate show. Personally, I love it. But if you lean heavily conservative, might not be your thing.

Edited by downzy
  • Like 2

Just finished watching it, thanks for the recommendation. Definitely shows a complete other side to Mitt Romney than what was portrayed by the media....who would have thought? Stand up guy imo....I just think he ran at the wrong time.

It was an interesting, and quite generous, expose on the guy. My only big disappointment was that it left out a lot relating to the campaign. I was expecting way more coverage on how the Romney's dealt with the 47 percent comment. Other than showing the clip and a debate prep where Romney utters a canned response, the movie all but ignores one of the most vital moments of the 2012 election. As this article alludes to, the documentary perhaps showed a bit more about who Romney is, but reveals little on what the man actually believes in policy wise. The article I linked to pretty much sums up the issue with the documentary:

"Maybe the most glaring omission from the documentary is any acknowledgement of Romney’s campaign itself — the staff, the volunteers, the high-priced strategists, consultants. Truth be told, these are the people who do much of the work, make many of the decisions, advise the candidate, decide the schedule, create the messaging, etc. In “Mitt”‘s world, the campaign is some old-fashioned fantasy version in which a man and his family travel the country together, like a modern-day political Partridge Family, making decisions for themselves in a cocoon divorced from political considerations."

I'm not sure if it was completely the fault of the "media" for Mitt's portrayal. It wasn't the media who made the 47 percent comment, or said that he didn't care about poor people, or that the solution to America's immigration problem is self-deportation. It wasn't the media who, when trying to relate to common blue-collar workers, said that they have a couple of Cadillacs. The media will take what candidates give. When Romney says that he "enjoys firing people," it doesn't matter if he's liberal or conservative, the media are going to do what they are going to do. They did the same with John Kerry in 2004 (remember the wind sailing picture?)

I do agree that almost nobody was going to beat Obama in 2012. It's very difficult to knock off incumbent Presidents. It's likely why all the heavy hitters in the Republican Party sat out the 2012 election cycle.

Edited by downzy

Who can recommend me a good american tv series on netflix. Ive seen breaking bad, dexter, 24, prison break and the following.

Love crime and the usual fbi agent shit.or tv stuff with interesting characters like six feet under.

Not really a "crime or FBI" drama...but I highly recommend Lillyhammer - it's a Drama/Comedy....it takes a little to get used to the subscripts - the show is about half in English and half in Norwegian....but after that, it's a really good show - good writing, good acting and absolutely comedy gold.....the 2nd season is even better than the 1st....

I

It was an interesting, and quite generous, expose on the guy. My only big disappointment was that it left out a lot relating to the campaign. I was expecting way more coverage on how the Romney's dealt with the 47 percent comment. Other than showing the clip and a debate prep where Romney utters a canned response, the movie all but ignores one of the most vital moments of the 2012 election. As this article alludes to, the documentary perhaps showed a bit more about who Romney is, but reveals little on what the man actually believes in policy wise. The article I linked to pretty much sums up the issue with the documentary:

"Maybe the most glaring omission from the documentary is any acknowledgement of Romney’s campaign itself — the staff, the volunteers, the high-priced strategists, consultants. Truth be told, these are the people who do much of the work, make many of the decisions, advise the candidate, decide the schedule, create the messaging, etc. In “Mitt”‘s world, the campaign is some old-fashioned fantasy version in which a man and his family travel the country together, like a modern-day political Partridge Family, making decisions for themselves in a cocoon divorced from political considerations."

I'm not sure if it was completely the fault of the "media" for Mitt's portrayal. It wasn't the media who made the 47 percent comment, or said that he didn't care about poor people, or that the solution to America's immigration problem is self-deportation. It wasn't the media who, when trying to relate to common blue-collar workers, said that they have a couple of Cadillacs. The media will take what candidates give. When Romney says that he "enjoys firing people," it doesn't matter if he's liberal or conservative, the media are going to do what they are going to do. They did the same with John Kerry in 2004 (remember the wind sailing picture?)

I do agree that almost nobody was going to beat Obama in 2012. It's very difficult to knock off incumbent Presidents. It's likely why all the heavy hitters in the Republican Party sat out the 2012 election cycle.

I agree that the media just ran with what he said....can't really argue that....I was basically saying that the documentary just shows another side to the guy....one that makes a lot of his public comments seem like they came from a completely different person.... :shrugs:

On netflix - House of Cards, Rescue Me, Mad Men, The X Files, The Job. Also NYC-22, it's a solid cop show (only lasted a season), not great like Homicide: Life on the Street but above average. I may be overly susceptible to it's set in my neighborhood, though.

Edited by Angelica

On netflix - House of Cards, Rescue Me, Mad Men, The X Files, The Job. Also NYC-22, it's a solid cop show (only lasted a season), not great like Homicide: Life on the Street but above average. I may be overly susceptible to it's set in my neighborhood, though.

Rescue Me is one of my all time fav shows...it's got a great soundtrack week to week as a bonus

Just watched The Job a few weeks ago. Wish it would have lasted longer or given a proper sendoff

Never heard of NYC-22...

And I've never seen an ep of X-Files :o

Rescue Me is one of my all time fav shows...it's got a great soundtrack week to week as a bonus

Just watched The Job a few weeks ago. Wish it would have lasted longer or given a proper sendoff

Never heard of NYC-22...

And I've never seen an ep of X-Files :o

Seasons 2 - 6 of X-Files stand among the best of the best American television. NYC-22...not so much, but perfectly solid cop stuff.

If you haven't watched The Wire, that should be your next tv series. It can be slow, especially at first, but each season does a better job at explaining modern-day American cities than any other program (and most books). Probably has some of the best characters on television outside of Breaking Bad.

Justified is a great cop show. Everyone I recommended it to loves it. The first half of the first season starts a little slow, but it breaks free from being episodic and eventually incorporates season long story arcs. Seasons 2 through 4 are amazing.

Sons of Anarchy is mindless fun, better than Dexter, 24, Prison Break (though not as good as Breaking Bad).

Homeland is another show that you might like if you haven't watched it already. First season was great, second season less so. Third season was better and somewhat required as it sort of wraps up the first two seasons.

Bates Motel was much better than I expected. Looking forward to the second season that launches in a few weeks. Definitely a criminal element in it. The acting is really strong and a lot of depth to the characters.

Copper (though it's made by BBC), takes place in New York cities around the 1860s. I haven't watched this myself, but my girlfriend really likes it.

House of Cards was thoroughly enjoyable (again, if you haven't watched it). Definitely a story about crime, though it is highly political.

The Americans. Only been one season but really enjoyed it. Think I prefer it to Homeland. Great cast of characters and a fun trip back to the early 1980s.

Rescue Me. Not a cop show, but a fun show about fire fighters. A little too centred on 9/11, but pretty decent.

The Newsroom. Great writing and acting. It's either a love or hate show. Personally, I love it. But if you lean heavily conservative, might not be your thing.

Justified is great. Tremendous writing and acting. All around, one of the best shows on TV,

The Americans caught be by surprise. I wasn't expecting much but by mid-season, I was completely hooked. Cannot wait for the new season.

I tried Copper but couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll give it another go.

Rescue Me is one of the best shows of all time. Balances drama and comedy perfectly. And Callie Thorne is fucking hot.

Kinda lost interest in Bates Motel at the end of the first season. Not sure if I'm gonna watch the new season yet.

I have never watched Sons Of Anarchy nor ever will.

Just watched House Of Cards and Orange Is The New Black. Both very good. House Of Cards being a little better.

Have you seen Orphan Black? Not sure if it's on Netflix but it was my fav new show of the past 10 years. New season starts in March

This is why Netflix is by far the best value in terms of entertainment....they just added a boatload of shows and movies for February (all commercial free, btw) .....some decent additions in terms of movies this month: The Usual Suspects and Patriot Games...along with some old school comedies: Airplane, Airplane II, the Naked Gun, Crocodile Dundee and Airheads....

Some interesting shows include: The Borgias and Bates Motel....along with the classic MASH....plus plenty of others....looks like I will have plenty to watch this month.....:)

• 3 weeks later...

Recently watched The Killing Jar and Meeting Evil....both somewhat entertaining.

Best Man Down is also decent....not an action flick by any means but decent storyline/plot.

I read that and thought "there's no way he's talking about that obscure Michael Madsen movie," but I look it up and it turned out you were. I watched it a few years ago on Netflix, remember liking it, nothing amazing, but for the concept and small budget it was very good.

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 1

Recently watched The Killing Jar and Meeting Evil....both somewhat entertaining.

Best Man Down is also decent....not an action flick by any means but decent storyline/plot.

I read that and thought "there's no way he's talking about that obscure Michael Madsen movie," but I look it up and it turned out you were. I watched it a few years ago on Netflix, remember liking it, nothing amazing, but for the concept and small budget it was very good.

Yeah, considering the entire movie is shot it in the diner, it surprisingly held my attention. Like you said, for a small budget film, it was alright. There were a few scenes that should have probably been "re-shot" some editing issues....but other than that, worth a watch.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Len B'stard

Can somebody from America that has netflix do me a big big BIG favour please? Can you have a look-see if The Trials of Muhammad Ali is listed there as something yous can watch? I ask cuz it's not available anywhere here in England and i really wanna see it and i figure if it's there in America that means its there on some kinda format so it's worth hunting for.

Your help would be appreciated greatly :)

Can somebody from America that has netflix do me a big big BIG favour please? Can you have a look-see if The Trials of Muhammad Ali is listed there as something yous can watch? I ask cuz it's not available anywhere here in England and i really wanna see it and i figure if it's there in America that means its there on some kinda format so it's worth hunting for.

Not listed here man, sorry.

Guest Len B'stard

Aw shit :( Fuckin' thing went out in cinemas in May last year and it still ain't been released on DVD. Thanks so much for your help though :)

Try this....you might have to navigate through a few pop ups....but afterwards it streams fine....

http://www.movie4k.to/The-Trials-of-Muhammad-Ali-watch-movie-5050050.html

Do not hit download....just stream it through the player on the page...

Edited by Kasanova King