What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Ace Nova

On 2/5/2018 at 9:47 AM, Oldest Goat said:

The Cloverfield Paradox

3.4/5

Spoiler

I know Cloverfield Lane was a originally a different film they weren't happy with, so they added in a few scenes to pretend it's a Cloverfield sequel.

Surely Paradox is exactly the same.

Lazy film and unexciting. Seems to me like a film they knew they couldn't do anything with, so they added in a few scenes after it was shot.

Watched the first episode of Money Heist.  Its Spanish made and has subtitles.  I love a heist or sophisticated criminal intrigue and I especially like when the plan isnt made known in full to the viewer.  Theres a few things that I find rather campy and I dont know anything about Spanish film so I cant tell if they are supposed to be campy.  It makes it so I cant completely tell if its geared for YA or adult.  Its hard to attune my mystery solving skills with out knowing that. Im looking forward to watching the rest. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Dark was great. Finished it in 3 days basically.

Been watching an episode of Black Mirror each night before bed as well. I had watched the first episode quite some time ago, and I'm on the second episode of the second season. It's good enough, but overall I find it to be a bit overhyped.

I liked Black Mirror, but the more I watched it, the less impressed I was......that was until the most recent season.  I watched this new season like one episode at a time every two or three weeks and that helped immensely.  But, I do understand what you are saying about it being over-hyped.  

• 1 month later...

Just finished season two of The Santa Clarita Diet.  I cannot stand the two main adult leads; Barrymore and some guy Ive seen on the Office.  But thats kinda the whole point.  Somewhat in the wheel house of iZombie, except that iZombie is way better imo.  I do appreciate how this throws the focus back onto the consumers rather than shifting traditional zombie commentary to focus on corporate greed like they do in iZombie though.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, soon said:

NetFlix documentary series Evil Genius

That is some bonkers shit!

I’m watching this too. 

I feel very uncomfortable with the amount of shots of corpses. That could have been dealt with in a more sensitive manner. I understand that these are corpses of crime victims, and were criminals in their own way. But we’re all equal in death and our remains deserve to be treated with equal dignity. 

7 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

I’m watching this too. 

I feel very uncomfortable with the amount of shots of corpses. That could have been dealt with in a more sensitive manner. I understand that these are corpses of crime victims, and were criminals in their own way. But we’re all equal in death and our remains deserve to be treated with equal dignity. 

I agree. That critique is more than fair. I noticed that too. For me the issue was that the shots werent all necessary to tell the story. Im not convinced that the film makers portray them all as criminals, though. 

In the first video sequence dealing with a corpse, I thought that it was useful that they didnt sanitize it. That one couldnt only consume the documentary as entertainment.  But it quickly went to a different place, with less and less dignified pictures. Sometimes they are only different views off the same general image. The rest of the content was enough to keep my attention.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 7:25 AM, soon said:

NetFlix documentary series Evil Genius

That is some bonkers shit!

Evil Genius was good.  Sad and somewhat tragic but good...almost on par with Making a Murderer, imo

If you liked that, you'd probably also like The Staircase.  

7 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Evil Genius was good.  Sad and somewhat tragic but good...almost on par with Making a Murderer, imo

If you liked that, you'd probably also like The Staircase.  

I havent seen Making a Murderer yet either, even though I know its really popular. So with Staircase that's two shows to check out, thanks!

• GNFNR 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...