What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Ace Nova

This thread is dedicated to whatever you're watching on Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu - Movies, shows, etc....what's hot and what's not....

There's also a site I found that lists the most popular (recent) Netflix streams....

http://instantwatcher.com/

So what are you watching?

Edited by Kasanova King

Watched the first season of House of Cards last week. Just finished the first season of Orange is the New Black.

Started the first season of Sherlock.

Watched Play It Again, Sam and 3 Women last week also

What did you think of Play it Again, Sam and 3 Women?

I've seen Play It Again, Sam many times and it's an early Woody Allen classic although he didn't direct it. He did write it however.

3 Women stars Shelley Duvall and a young Sissy Spacek and is directed by Robert Altman. I have recently been on a John Cassavetes and Robert Altman kick so I've been trying to watch the movies of theirs I'd never seen, 3 Women being one of them. I loved it, Altman at the top of his game and Duvall and Spacek both giving great performances. You'd be hard pressed to get a film like that made today. Tis a shame.

Both of them are highly recommended. Essential viewing especially if you want to watch the films of the great directors of the last 50 years

Edited by axl666axl666

I've seen Play It Again, Sam many times and it's an early Woody Allen classic although he didn't direct it. He did write it however.

3 Women stars Shelley Duvall and a young Sissy Spacek and is directed by Robert Altman. I have recently been on a John Cassavetes and Robert Altman kick so I've been trying to watch the movies of theirs I'd never seen, 3 Women being one of them. I loved it, Altman at the top of his game and Duvall and Spacek both giving great performances. You'd be hard pressed to get a film like that made today. Tis a shame.

Both of them are highly recommended. Essential viewing especially if you want to watch the films of the great directors of the last 50 years

Nice...thanks for the breakdowns!!

Did you know that different regions of the world have different movies and shows on Netflix and that if you use Google Chrome as your web browser on PC, you can install the Hola extension and view different regions? If not, now you do.

Cool....might have to try that sometime.... :thumbsup:

House of Cards is the best "Original", I think. But, Orange Is The New Black is really good and Hemlock Grove was entertaining.

Hemlock Grove lost me as the season went on. Not sure if I'm gonna watch the second season.

The new House Of Cards season starts in 2 weeks and am very much looking forward to it. I'm also gonna give the original British version a try

Those wanting to access different regions download hola on windows on chrome and android tablet to view different countries.

US is great for film choice and cheesy american documentries. Brazil is good for tv shows like friends and homeland. UK has a different selection of films that the us.

Search for specific country DNS codes for ipad and ps4/xbox.

I just watched all prison break. Now watching The following.

Those wanting to access different regions download hola on windows on chrome and android tablet to view different countries.

US is great for film choice and cheesy american documentries. Brazil is good for tv shows like friends and homeland. UK has a different selection of films that the us.

Beat you to that 6 posts ago. :shrugs:

Yeah the readers prefer my version though.

Nobody gives a shit about your version.
  • Like 1

Wow, bro.

Their film library is random as fuck (in good ways and bad). They do have most of this years Oscar nominated documentaries, though.

TV wise Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Twin Peaks, Louie, Rescue Me, The X Files, Freaks and Geeks, The West Wing, Angel and Arrested Development are all well worth a look. And any Arrested Development fans who haven't seen it already, please proceed immediately to The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret.

Thought about starting a thread for this, but figured including it in this thread works. Just watched the documentary "Mitt," which chronicles the behind-the-scenes events of Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney. Definitely makes him come off far more human than he did in his campaign. Seems like a nice guy who doesn't take himself too seriously. Thought the scene of Romney cleaning up after his family/staff in his hotel room was interesting. Makes me wonder if he would have done better in the 2012 election had this documentary been released prior to election night.

I enjoyed it, but not sure if it's worth watching for those not interested in American politics.

i don't have much of a need per se for netflix, but since getting a tablet i ended up re-registering simply because it's nice to be able to sit in bed and stream stuff on the device. it could technically stream files on a site like the one above, but it's more of a hassle to do that on tablet (bogs its resources down it seems) whereas an app like netflix is pretty streamlined. for eight bucks a month, i figured i may keep it until i find myself using it less. a lot of the stuff on there though i either already have, have already seen, or don't care to see. :lol: but there's also plenty of good stuff, and i mainly signed up to watch their original programming too (house of cards, lillyhammer, etc.).

btw, thanks for that link HV. I use linksfu.com a lot of times to download new TV shows but being able to stream stuff is a nice option.

Huge collection of free movies some of which are cinema. Sometimes the site may load slow but once you get to the movie page, since it is hosted elsewhere, you won't have any interruption. And it is NOT illegal. They don't host them and you aren't redistributing.

Another site like the above with a slightly smaller movie collection but also a pretty decent collection of tv shows. Since viooz doesn't work on the shitty ps3 browser, I use this site when netflix has bored me.

There's always movie2k (be careful here. There's a ton of popups. I only use it on ps3)

Edited by Rustycage

Emergency announcement: Your chance to stream this ends on Saturday, which if you haven't seen it, severely handicaps your ability to participate fully in any discussions regarding bad movies of historical landmark proportions. Also any discussions about couples in films with matching hair, and films with characters named 'Strip'. Re-arrange your week accordingly.