What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Ace Nova

So I was watching the first nine episodes of this Magical Girl Aeni called "Flowering Heart" on Amazon Prime. The show looked cute (and I'm a sucker for Magical Girl shows), but the show was hilariously cheesy. I think the voice acting along with the wonky dialogue (show was dubbed into English) didn't help.

Can't wait for more episodes though. 

Edited by NostalgiaGoddess
forgot to add some words

Good Girls on Netflix. It is the same general premise as Weeds, but with a trio of new criminals. Despite that even the lead gangster is essentially the same as Weeds, it has enough contemporary elements to change it up. I clicked on it for Retta and she shown.

14 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Watched the first two episodes so far.  Very interesting and entertaining.  I'm surprised @Oldest Goat hasn't checked it out yet...one of his fellow Kiwis is the narrator.

It very Luis Theroux but maybe less weird and more disturbing. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finish Ozark Season 2. Liked it a little better than Season 1. I think:

Spoiler

They're just setting this up to be sort of "Breaking Bad With The Sexes Reversed". Wendy will become the ego driven Walt character with Ruth as her Jesse. That leaves Marty to move into the Skyler / just going along with it hoping for the best outcome role. 

• Like 1

Almost through Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime.  Honestly, the show has a lot of plot holes.  There's no way a lot of what transpires in the show would happen in real life from an operational standpoint.  Plus it's still hard to see John Kransinski as anyone other than Jim from The Office.  I keep expecting other characters in the show to ask Kransinski how Pam's doing.  

I guess it's worth watching, but kind of a disappointment overall considering my expectations going in.

Also finished watching The Looming Towers (also on Amazon Prime and I think Hulu if you're in U.S.).  

Decent, but the book is way better.

On 2018-08-02 at 9:42 PM, Angelica said:

Glow is fantastic.

The most enjoyable show I've seen this year, hands down.  Alison Brie and Marc Maron kill in this show.  

• Like 1

Can someone please explain Iliza Schlesinger to me? I watched Elder Millennial on Netflix and really couldnt find a redeeming quality to it all.

Now when Im scrolling through the Stand Up section if one of her trailers starts playing I am no longer in the mood for comedy!

Halfway through Season 2 of Iron Fist and I think I'm done with the Marvel experiment on Netflix.  

The delivery by nearly every actor is painful in its slow delivery.  It's almost as if the actors are having a contest as to who can speak the slowest and quietest.  I've reached the point where I'll skip long-winded dialogue scenes regardless of missing major plot points as I just can't bear to hear another thirty second delivery of a seven word sentence.  

Each season simply just drags on for reasons that are beyond my comprehension.  The product would improve considerably if they cut half the episodes and stuck to significantly tighter story lines. 

/rant

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Far more exciting is the second season release of my favourite show of 2017: