What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Ace Nova

I know im super super late on this but i watched The Dead Pool for the first time. Welcome to the Jungle was shoehorned in not once, but TWICE!.

and that car chase with the remote control car, that was meant to be a joke right? :lol:

Edited by -W.A.R-

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Anyone watch this yet? Looking for opinions:

Watching it right now, only a few episodes left. The reviews for this have been pretty impressive and I mostly agree with them. The plot is great, really well acted with great characters, some genuine jumpy moments and it’s beautifully shot! 

Edited by carsonskitz
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I had it on in the background while doing chores earlier then realized you can't do that with this show....it requires your attention...so I shut it off and will pick it up when I can focus on it.  Looks promising though. 

7 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

I had it on in the background while doing chores earlier then realized you can't do that with this show....it requires your attention...so I shut it off and will pick it up when I can focus on it.  Looks promising though. 

I got around to watching the first episode last night and noticed that was well; it's not a show you can just leave on in the background. I'll get to more of it later this week I think.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2018 at 10:36 AM, RussTCB said:

I read some reviews that hyped that show up, but I kept waiting for it to get good, or at least scary, and it just didn't. The ending was just cringe... I liked the idea and parts of the show were good, but I wouldn't recommend it.

54 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I read some reviews that hyped that show up, but I kept waiting for it to get good, or at least scary, and it just didn't. The ending was just cringe... I liked the idea and parts of the show were good, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I'm on episode 6 now, so I'm pot committed lol. 

It's a little too slow overall. For example, I don't think they need to keep reshowing whole scenes when they do a flashback that connects to something we've already seen. 

Having said that, I scare easily so I've been plenty scared haha. They're getting me with all the easy scares like things in the shadows, well placed camera angles, jump scares and so on. Then again like I said, I scare easily. 

I've got a good amount of work travel planned this week, so I'll probably at least stick it out for the remaining episodes. 

49 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm on episode 6 now, so I'm pot committed lol. 

It's a little too slow overall. For example, I don't think they need to keep reshowing whole scenes when they do a flashback that connects to something we've already seen. 

Having said that, I scare easily so I've been plenty scared haha. They're getting me with all the easy scares like things in the shadows, well placed camera angles, jump scares and so on. Then again like I said, I scare easily. 

I've got a good amount of work travel planned this week, so I'll probably at least stick it out for the remaining episodes. 

Definitely agree about the recycled scenes, it was annoying and came across as lazy, tbh. As for the scares, maybe I've seen too many horror movies, but they were very predictable. :shrugs:

And yea, once I was about 6-7 episodes in I figured I may as well watch the rest of them, though I wasn't expecting much. I think the last 'haunted house' type of show that I enjoyed a full season of was the first American Horror Story, though I haven't watched it in probably 5-6 years so I'm gonna re-watch it soon, I'll probably binge-watch it closer to halloween.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

On 2018-10-15 at 1:39 AM, NostalgiaGoddess said:

I'm currently watching season 2 of "Big Mouth". I honestly like how they handle adolescence. 

Big Mouth is great.  I watched both seasons for the second time in under a month.  Really love this show and hope it gets several more season.  

- Star Wars: Clone Wars season 1

Clone Wars is awesome! I'm excited to be re-watching before next years reboot. Although I'd just been hanging with some sexy Ahsoka cos player's right before jumping back into season 1 with kiddo Ashoka and it felt weird :lol:. The upcoming Star Wars live action series ties in with Clone Wars too.

- Designated Survivor season 1

Meh, its like a comic book version of a White House procedural. And the exposition is so extreme that one can be fuzzy brained and still track the plots. Italia Ricci and Virginia Madesn are the real calling cards.

- Money Heist season 2

Really enjoying this show but taking it in slowly. Some heavy moments and great mystery.

Watched the new Adam Sandler stand up special on Netflix.  Think it's called 100 Percent.  Went in with low expectations but was pleasantly surprised.  It was like the Sandler of the 90s is back.  I enjoyed his comedy/music CDs from the 90s and this was definitely in the same vein.  Plus his song for Farley was quite touching.  If you were a fan of Adam Sandler in the 90s, you'll enjoy it.