What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Ace Nova

Just finished season 1 of House of Cards.... love it.

Season 2 is more of the same, just ups the ridiculous up a notch or two. I don't want to spoil anything, but episode one of season two is something else...

Edited by downzy

Just finished season 1 of House of Cards.... love it.

Season 2 is more of the same, just ups the ridiculous up a notch or two. I don't want to spoil anything, but episode one of season two is something else...

About to watch right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's this one show called "Rectify" on Netflix. It's pretty short, only about six episodes currently, but it's great, very thought provoking.

Movie wise, there a few "indie" films I enjoyed, that I'd most likely never see anywhere else. Best ones though, I'd say are "Alyce Kills" and "Random Acts of Violence," but I think that's just my personal taste. They both seemed to remind me of American Psycho for some reason. "Stitches" is a good 80s/90s throwback horror film, which has an undead clown as the bad guy and very hilarious and creative deaths. If you've got a weak stomach for body horror though, I'd stay away from "Contracted." Don't get me wrong, it's pretty good and has a nice ending, but just... Ugh, some of the scenes. I say this in the most positive way possible, though.

I'd also recommend the film "God Bless America." A friend of mine described it as "this generation's Natural Born Killers." If you like the style of the movie, I'd check out "World's Greatest Dad" as well. They were done by the same guy, although the stories are very different. Zombie flicks actually worth watching are few and far between from what I can see, but I liked "Deadheads" and "Doghouse" (but the latter is about to be taken off, unfortunately).

And there are a ton of others, but the post is big enough. Sorry, I kind of nerdgasm when it comes to films ._.

• Like 1

So, I just got done watching the most amazing film ever on Netflix. It's a Netflix original, and unfortunately, after tomorrow it will be gone, so I recommend everyone stop whatever they're doing right now and go watch it. It's called "Rotisserie Chicken". So many ups and downs and twists and turns, overall a very enjoyable and intelligent picture.

So, I just got done watching the most amazing film ever on Netflix. It's a Netflix original, and unfortunately, after tomorrow it will be gone, so I recommend everyone stop whatever they're doing right now and go watch it. It's called "Rotisserie Chicken". So many ups and downs and twists and turns, overall a very enjoyable and intelligent picture.

Lots of sub text. You have to watch it more than once.

Just finished watching the first season of American Horror Story....thought it was very good and I think the show is under-appreciated....never heard that much about it. I'm halfway through season 2 and it's just as good, if not better than season one.

The first season could be considered somewhat "out there" for many people but season two isn't as much...much more realistic "feel" to it.

Very good show....I highly recommend it.

Edited by Kasanova King

Lots of sub text. You have to watch it more than once.

Definitely! How can you only watch it once?! I'm on my third time now. It's funny how much foreshadowing to the tragic ending that you see.

It was good, but sizzling bacon has much more drama and tension.

I really think they could have done a better job with the chicken in Rotisserie Chicken...so I'll have to take a star off for that...otherwise, excellent production 4 stars!

Sizzling Bacon was simply amazing....how they managed to "uncook" the bacon is mystifying. 5 stars!

Edited by Kasanova King

What?! The Chicken's performance was one of the best things about the movie, top notch performance all around! Anyone who thinks different is obviously blind, or has a different opinion than me, which is just fine!

Sizzling Bacon sounds great though, definitely going to check it out next. I hope what you said didn't give away the ending.

There's this one show called "Rectify" on Netflix. It's pretty short, only about six episodes currently, but it's great, very thought provoking.

Rectify is amazing. I actually caught it on Sundance, and have mentioned it here a few times.

Can't wait for its return this summer.

Are you saying Uh-Oh because you're afraid she wants to wed, or because that show is terrible and will affect what is recommended to you?

Both :lol:

Im just joking around though, shes a great gal!

Haha... But seriously though, reality television is a pox. Also, every time I see your avatar, I assume you're the guy on the right instead of the guy on the left.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I actually saw a movie on Netflix that I wouldn't recommend. It was just so cheesy and awful, but not the good kind where you can at least make fun of it. The bad kind, where it's so boring you actually can't find anything good about it. The only funny thing was the noise effects. Every time someone got stabbed or injured or something the effect sounded kind of "muffled," and when blood was supposed to be coming out, it sounded like someone was urinating in a steel bucket. Whoever wants to sit through this snorefest, it's called "Axed." Pretty recent add, according to instantwatcher. I was appalled that this was added alongside pieces of art such as "Rotisserie Chicken" and "Sizzling Bacon"!

• 2 weeks later...

I just started watching "House, M.D." last night. Then after a few episodes of that, I watched "Peeples" and "The Dirties." Peeples is hilarious, and I didn't get certain plot points of The Dirties, but I thought the ending was pretty neat. I don't know why, but all of my personally "acclaimed" movies on Netflix always end with a lot of ambiguity to them. Like, they could have easily kept making the movie from that point, but at the same time, it doesn't seem like it's enough for a sequel hook. It's more like, "Here, chew on that for a bit, and be happy with it cause it's all you're gonna get."

I just started watching "House, M.D." last night.

Good show...somewhat under-appreciated. Good, light viewing on Netflix...something to watch whenever you need to take a break from the shows that you must finish watching within a week....as in, the ones that leave cliff hanger after cliff hanger, etc.

I'm glad Mad Men is on Netflix now....never watched a single episode but will get into the show after I'm caught up with House of Cards......and Hannibal. (Which I'm viewing through other sources).

Edited by Kasanova King