What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Ace Nova

16 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Its fuckin’ happenin’ again!

WTF?! On the same shows? :wow:

Get that picture to dazey! Prolly easier to video it and then dazey can pause the vid and take a screen grab to post?

It was last Sunday I remember, too. Every Sunday a bald black man in a mustard suit visits you? Hmmmm

1 hour ago, soon said:

WTF?! On the same shows? :wow:

Get that picture to dazey! Prolly easier to video it and then dazey can pause the vid and take a screen grab to post?

It was last Sunday I remember, too. Every Sunday a bald black man in a mustard suit visits you? Hmmmm

Nah it weren’t the black guy this time, it looked like Roberto Duran this time :lol:

I watched the second series of American Crime Story about the murder of Versace. I didn't know what to expect, my knowledge about him was very limited but it was a really enjoyable watch and very much of the same quality as the first season. 

I'm probably going to start watching the series that's just come out about the disappearance of Maddie McCann next. Her parents, as far as I know, didn't want anything to do with it and social media has had a resurgence of all the old conspiracies regarding the disappearance and the parents' involvement. I do think those cunts have played a part in it though.  

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

White people dont suit flashing images, it makes them indistinguishable :lol:

Ah, so you understand the internal logic of it? Interesting :lol:

You have got to check if it happens today, or if its just Sunday visitors?

On 2019-03-16 at 12:20 PM, soon said:

Triple Frontier 

Im not really a fan of action flicks, but for whatever reason its a habit that if I dont feel well for long enough I'll watch an action movie. So I dont really know the genre that well, but I dont think this one was very good. I was more entertained by those two nearly identical "White House Down" movies a couple years back. This despite the fact that the film gets deeper and explores the imaginary line between state sanctioned violence and non-state sanctioned violence, which is a subject that I am am interested in. Its like an action film on the screen but a 'think piece' in practice.

I picked this one as a Star Wars fan, wanting to check out what Oscar Isaac is like in other movies. The SW character Poe suits him really well. He pops off the screen in a way that I dont see happening here.

I dont know what the title Triple Frontier means? They fight on multiple fronts with different landscapes, so maybe that? Or a reference to the triple bottom line in business (People, planet, profit), going back to the meta of sanctioned violence, ethics thang?

Saw this last week as well.  Not great, but not terrible.  A 5.5/10.  Quite a few plot holes and the ending was underwhelming.  

-------------------------------

Loved Ricky Gervais new show After-Life on Netflix.  If you like Ricky Gervais, this is probably the best thing he's done since The Office.  Coincidentally, it finally got my wife to watch the original version.  She loved the American version but for whatever reason hasn't gotten around to watching the original.  

-------------------------------

Only a few episodes in but loving Love, Death & Robots.  100 percent recommended to those who like animation shorts mixed with sci-fi futurism.  

Finally got through the final season of Arrested Development (at least, I hope that's the final season).

That was a tough slog.  Can't say I enjoyed much of it, save for the scenes with Job.  Seasons 4 and 5 feel like a bizarro version of the original show.  Characters would inexplicably show up and disappear (more often the latter).  Storylines would need massive recaps since they became so convoluted as the seasons wore on.  

This show is a case of careful what you wished for.  I was elated when Netflix picked up the show but now wish they had not.  At the very least, they should have done it right by getting all the key players on board with respect to scheduling.  

Anyway, glad it's done.  

Triple Frontier

I feel like I’ve seen this movie and movies just like it a number of times. Military team pulls a heist.

I was pleasantly surprised because it was better than almost all of the others that came before it. It had great action but it never lost itself in the action - it was always rooted in the characters and that was a sign of great direction.

What wasn’t surprising was seeing Kathryn Bigelow’s name in the credits. Even though she had no part in this production, her fingerprints are all over it. It feels like one of her films - a heightened military romp with deep emphasis on character and the relationships of men.

Very solid cast, very solid film.

14 hours ago, soon said:

@Len Cnut Did anyone appear to you on your Netflix today (Sunday)? I figure it would be a Chinamen this week?

phvpfEnh.png

:lol:

I think I've figured it out, I think its like a common problem when you watch it on your laptop, people speak of like, flickering...for some reason whatever the last shit I was watching on VLC or whatever seems to flicker on my Netflix thing in a kinda single frame spliced in kind of way, I was watching a documentary about Cuba on VLC so this time it was Carlos Manuel De Cespedes :lol:  Still can't figure out how to fix it, its really annoying.

42 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I think I've figured it out, I think its like a common problem when you watch it on your laptop, people speak of like, flickering...for some reason whatever the last shit I was watching on VLC or whatever seems to flicker on my Netflix thing in a kinda single frame spliced in kind of way, I was watching a documentary about Cuba on VLC so this time it was Carlos Manuel De Cespedes :lol:  Still can't figure out how to fix it, its really annoying.

Fun little mystery while it lasted. VLC is open sourced, maybe people wrote themselves into the code.

"You" on Netflix.

Its creepy because its over the top yet incredible familiar at once. People are fucked up. Started fairly strong and imo is taking a bit of a dip mid season because all of the arcs I was invested in seem resolved.

Watching this against a back drop of the Madelaine Macann documentary, Leaving Neverland, Ted Bundy, Dirty John and all the rest of it makes me think that we are collectively getting pretty dark. Im thinking back to a simpler time, 2015, when I streamed the Office and Parks and Rec. I streamed art docs and Blue Planet. In 2015 when Nashville was the darkest thing I streamed and the idea of alt right Star Wars trolls was as fantastical as a real life Yoda. I miss those days.

8 hours ago, soon said:

"You" on Netflix.

Its creepy because its over the top yet incredible familiar at once. People are fucked up. Started fairly strong and imo is taking a bit of a dip mid season because all of the arcs I was invested in seem resolved.

Watching this against a back drop of the Madelaine Macann documentary, Leaving Neverland, Ted Bundy, Dirty John and all the rest of it makes me think that we are collectively getting pretty dark. Im thinking back to a simpler time, 2015, when I streamed the Office and Parks and Rec. I streamed art docs and Blue Planet. In 2015 when Nashville was the darkest thing I streamed and the idea of alt right Star Wars trolls was as fantastical as a real life Yoda. I miss those days.

I watched "You"....liked it, man was that guy nuts. But yeah I watch a lot of dark stuff too, so to offset all of that, I do stream lighthearted comedies like the Office/IT Crowd (which I never tire of!) because I need some laughs to break up all that darkness lol! :lol: 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I watched "You"....liked it, man was that guy nuts. But yeah I watch a lot of dark stuff too, so to offset all of that, I do stream lighthearted comedies like the Office/IT Crowd (which I never tire of!) because I need some laughs to break up all that darkness lol! :lol: 

Oh, the IT Crowd! I've thoroughly enjoyed some of that. Good point, I gotta blend some IT Crowd into my dark streaming!

I watched more You :wow:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The actor who portrays the punisher is fucking incredible in this role. 

I'm hoping that in a few years another Disney streaming service like Hulu pucks it up.

You're right, Jon Bernthal is fantastic as Frank Castle.