What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Ace Nova

Someone explain to me how this Hulu shit works.  I’m downloading this shit off the bay so i dunno what Hulu is or how it clicks but I guess its like some Netflix shit right?  How the fuck does 3 episodes air on the same day, what is it, do they upload this shit at random or what?

Great News on Netflix. 4/5 so far.

Its from the guy that ran 30 Rock and Fey executive producing. It stars John Michael Higgins and he brings a lot of his Christopher guest vibe, which I love. Feels like a mash-up of latter season 30 Rock and the Guest universe. Nicole Richie is on the regular cast too and shes kinda great I gotta say. There is a lot of generational-wars humour which somehow isnt played yet, the way they do it at least.

My favourite joke so far is when an old is going off about ageism he triumphantly declares: "Well I do respect experience, thats why my personal trainer lives in a nursing home!" :lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...
On 15-8-2019 at 9:03 PM, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Dark: Season 2. Or as I call it, German Stranger Things for adults. 

I finished Season 1. I keep reading this is the German version of Stranger Things, but I don't really see it, apart from the sci-fi and small town elements. Other than that, Dark is a lot more complicated and confusing, it makes Stranger Things look like a children's show.

6 hours ago, EvanG said:

I finished Season 1. I keep reading this is the German version of Stranger Things, but I don't really see it, apart from the sci-fi and small town elements. Other than that, Dark is a lot more complicated and confusing, it makes Stranger Things look like a children's show.

I think it was only the first few episodes that seemed pretty similar, it quickly gets it's own identify after that and yeah, well that's because Stranger Things is a children's show!

On 29-9-2019 at 8:50 PM, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

that's because Stranger Things is a children's show!

It's more like a family show, for both adults and kids.

I'm halfway through Season 2 of Dark and I really like this show, but I hope they won't wait too long with giving explanations, that was also what Lost kinda fucked up, they made it too confusing and ended up not explaining half of it.

8 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

I've heard nothing but great things about it...I need to watch it!

I absolutley loved it but a good friend hated it. The difference came down to me loving the 4th wall breaks and my friend hating that. In short, if that gets on your nerves during the first episode, don't watch any further. If you like it, then proceed. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah I didn't realise it was the beginning of the end so the cliffhanger was annoying. I love the show.

Do you feel sorry for BoJack?

I do ultimately feel bad. While his actions were his fault that may inevitably lead to his downfall, he’s been living with the guilt and burden of these choices for years now and his redemption arc in these episodes has shown he is able to turn himself around and accept responsibility for his actions. Bojack I believe always wanted to be good based off his flashbacks but due to his childhood was simply incapable of it. What do you take away from it?

25 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I'm of two minds about it. It's not like he's raped or killed anyone but he's still stooped to some pretty low depths. Maybe he is capable of redemption but is everyone entitled to a second chance, to endless chances?

Spoiler

I still think the Penny situation is fuzzy. On one hand Penny was a consenting adult (under the laws of New Mexico), and was not under the influence- morally wrong of course, to try to sleep with your friend's daughter after trying to hook up with the mom, but from a legal point of view I don't believe a crime would've been committed. However, as Pete Repeat's resurgence at the end of this season's finale states, he pretty much got a girl alcohol poisoned and left her at a hospital after giving teens alcohol. Pretty fucked.

Sarah Lynn and Gina, yeah, you can't deny Bojack is at fault here.

The man has done a lot of shitty things, but I don't even know if he should be punished at this point or not. His whole life has been punishment, but he never has taken blame for these things either- he never admitted to the public about the truth of the Sarah Lynn incident and Gina prevented him from talking about what he did to her. 

This series I'm real scared for what will happen in 6B. It could've ended on such a nice note on the 7th episode of this season, but of course, it's Bojack Horseman. I don't have a prediction of my own for what the final season will do to us but it has to be something insane. I could see Bojack relapsing or even attempting to take his life in this season. 

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

Haunted on netflix

people sit in a circle and tell their true ghost stories to friends and family, with some of it depicted by actors.

the format seemed more like Cut or Jubilee on YT. But blended with a far too serious old school traditional tv production. Worlds colliding in the most uncomfortable manner!

I might check out second ep but they also kinda glossed over all the parts of horror that I like - social, economic, political - to focous strictly on how scary the monster simply is.