Kasanova King

What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Whatever happened to Kevin Smiths crowd funding for his Rivit pilot for Hollyweed?

Doesnt seem to have reached the funding goals. Shame.

Just saw the first episode of "The Boys" on Amazon Prime. Really liked it, the cynicism is on point. And it shits all over superheroes, another plus!

Family just switched from Netflix to Hulu, so I decided to rewatch "Lords of Chaos". Honestly, while I still think the film has some flaws, it's rather unintentionally hilarious. 

Im watching 13 Reasons Why season 3 and am not enjoying it all that much. The new character who narrates constantly is so fuckign annoying. Why is this high school student poised as some all knowing fount of wisdom?

Also was really let down by this:

Spoiler

Jessica, a main character who was assaulted is getting back in touch with her body and sexuality. This is celebrated by a scene wherein she ties up and chokes her partner with out his consent. She also tells him to shut up during sex.

The entire premise of the show is about consent. Ridiculous.

On 8/27/2019 at 6:36 AM, soon said:

Im watching 13 Reasons Why season 3 and am not enjoying it all that much. The new character who narrates constantly is so fuckign annoying. Why is this high school student poised as some all knowing fount of wisdom?

Also was really let down by this:

Reveal hidden contents

Jessica, a main character who was assaulted is getting back in touch with her body and sexuality. This is celebrated by a scene wherein she ties up and chokes her partner with out his consent. She also tells him to shut up during sex.

The entire premise of the show is about consent. Ridiculous.

Just finished the season. Fucking terrible :(

• Like 1

Someone explain to me how this Hulu shit works.  I’m downloading this shit off the bay so i dunno what Hulu is or how it clicks but I guess its like some Netflix shit right?  How the fuck does 3 episodes air on the same day, what is it, do they upload this shit at random or what?

Great News on Netflix. 4/5 so far.

Its from the guy that ran 30 Rock and Fey executive producing. It stars John Michael Higgins and he brings a lot of his Christopher guest vibe, which I love. Feels like a mash-up of latter season 30 Rock and the Guest universe. Nicole Richie is on the regular cast too and shes kinda great I gotta say. There is a lot of generational-wars humour which somehow isnt played yet, the way they do it at least.

My favourite joke so far is when an old is going off about ageism he triumphantly declares: "Well I do respect experience, thats why my personal trainer lives in a nursing home!" :lol::lol:

Dr. House in Amazon Prime.

Liked it at start but I'm still in Season 2 and already started to get tired of the same plot twists (seizure, heart attacks, etc).

On 15-8-2019 at 9:03 PM, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Dark: Season 2. Or as I call it, German Stranger Things for adults. 

I finished Season 1. I keep reading this is the German version of Stranger Things, but I don't really see it, apart from the sci-fi and small town elements. Other than that, Dark is a lot more complicated and confusing, it makes Stranger Things look like a children's show.

6 hours ago, EvanG said:

I finished Season 1. I keep reading this is the German version of Stranger Things, but I don't really see it, apart from the sci-fi and small town elements. Other than that, Dark is a lot more complicated and confusing, it makes Stranger Things look like a children's show.

I think it was only the first few episodes that seemed pretty similar, it quickly gets it's own identify after that and yeah, well that's because Stranger Things is a children's show!

On 29-9-2019 at 8:50 PM, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

that's because Stranger Things is a children's show!

It's more like a family show, for both adults and kids.

I'm halfway through Season 2 of Dark and I really like this show, but I hope they won't wait too long with giving explanations, that was also what Lost kinda fucked up, they made it too confusing and ended up not explaining half of it.

I'm probably WAY late to the party on this, but I recently watched both seasons of Fleabag on Prime and loved it. 

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'm probably WAY late to the party on this, but I recently watched both seasons of Fleabag on Prime and loved it. 

I've heard nothing but great things about it...I need to watch it!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

I've heard nothing but great things about it...I need to watch it!

I absolutley loved it but a good friend hated it. The difference came down to me loving the 4th wall breaks and my friend hating that. In short, if that gets on your nerves during the first episode, don't watch any further. If you like it, then proceed. 

• Thanks 1

I watched Season 1 of The Boys on Prime. Really liked it a ton more than I expected. 

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Just finished season 2 of Succession. One of my top 5 series. Just brilliant. Renewed for a third season. 

Last episode of season 2 was great

• Like 1

Finished season 7 of Letterkenny. So so season with a very sad, shitty cliffhanger :/