What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Ace Nova

Dolemite Is My Name is an absolute joy. Very much the spiritual successor of Burton’s Ed Wood. It’s written by the same guys and it often plays like a remake with different characters, while still honoring Moore as affectionately as they did Wood. 

I don’t know how anyone could resist the charm of Murphy when he’s actually...well, trying. Hopefully he won’t retreat back into prosthetics and semi retirement like he did after Dreamgirls. 

Edited by Angelica
  • Like 2

On 11/1/2019 at 10:19 PM, Angelica said:

Dolemite Is My Name is an absolute joy. Very much the spiritual successor of Burton’s Ed Wood. It’s written by the same guys and it often plays like a remake with different characters, while still honoring Moore as affectionately as they did Wood. 

I don’t know how anyone could resist the charm of Murphy when he’s actually...well, trying. Hopefully he won’t retreat back into prosthetics and semi retirement like he did after Dreamgirls. 

Loved this flick. It was a reminder that anyone can accomplish anything as long as they have a positive attitude and they treat those around them with respect. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/9/2019 at 7:50 AM, EvanG said:

The Devil Next Door on Netflix. Documentary about Ivan the Terrible.

I thought that was a really good doc. 

Side note; I finished the last season of You're The Worst since it was finally on Hulu. Really awkward season but it had some good moments. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Coma16 said:

I enjoyed Jack Ryan season 1. Not so much the same for season 2.

Well, dang, Im just about to start Season 2 :lol:

I liked season 1 even though Krasinski reminds me of his Jim Halpert character from The Office. Sometimes its distracting.

11 minutes ago, soon said:

Well, dang, Im just about to start Season 2 :lol:

I liked season 1 even though Krasinski reminds me of his Jim Halpert character from The Office. Sometimes its distracting.

He ruined forever because of the Office lol

Season 2 was decent and worth watching. Just wasnt as good, imo, bit that can be said about most shows after season 1.

On November 30, 2019 at 10:30 AM, Coma16 said:

He ruined forever because of the Office lol

Season 2 was decent and worth watching. Just wasnt as good, imo, bit that can be said about most shows after season 1.

I agree about season 2. Cant put my finger on why, but its just not as good. And the Halpert effect continues!

24 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

There have been a lot of Christmas movies added to Netflix recently for the holiday season. Anybody have any recommendations? 

I watched Klaus the other day because I heard good things about it and it is quite good.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"The Confession Killer"

I'd heard the name Henry Lee Lucas a bunch of times and knew him from his braggadocios claims that he had killed hundreds of people and could recall them in stunning clarity...I really was ignorant of the other side of the coin - the Texas lawmen who set him up to be the biggest patsy in American crime - because he didn't do any of it...

Its stunning to me that the real nature of this hoax flew under the radar the way it did, because I knew almost none of this story: A con man who allows himself to be conned by the cops.

Says a lot about the wave of fear that "Serial Killers" caused in the last part of the twentieth century. Lucas was basically a pheasant who talked himself up to the level of the Boogeyman, but not without LOTS of help from the Texas Rangers who have the most blood on their hands at the end of the day.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I couldnt get through the first episode...

Yeah, about 10 minutes into the first episode I thought "well, this is awful" lol. I ended up leaving it on in the background while I did things around the house. 

12 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Don’t Fuck With Cats - horrifying but also fascinating to watch. Just when you think it couldn’t get any more sick and crazy, it does. 

Now THIS was a good doc.