Kasanova King

What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Starting season 2 of Love on Netflix. Quirky drama/comedy show with great acting and realistic portrayal of awkward relationship issues and experiences. Really digging it, it's a lot better than I thought it would be.

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Anyone see first half of Bojack season 6?

@Oldest Goat

Yeah I didn't realise it was the beginning of the end so the cliffhanger was annoying. I love the show.

Do you feel sorry for BoJack?

6 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah I didn't realise it was the beginning of the end so the cliffhanger was annoying. I love the show.

Do you feel sorry for BoJack?

I do ultimately feel bad. While his actions were his fault that may inevitably lead to his downfall, he’s been living with the guilt and burden of these choices for years now and his redemption arc in these episodes has shown he is able to turn himself around and accept responsibility for his actions. Bojack I believe always wanted to be good based off his flashbacks but due to his childhood was simply incapable of it. What do you take away from it?

20 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I do ultimately feel bad. While his actions were his fault that may inevitably lead to his downfall, he’s been living with the guilt and burden of these choices for years now and his redemption arc in these episodes has shown he is able to turn himself around and accept responsibility for his actions. Bojack I believe always wanted to be good based off his flashbacks but due to his childhood was simply incapable of it. What do you take away from it?

I'm of two minds about it. It's not like he's raped or killed anyone but he's still stooped to some pretty low depths. Maybe he is capable of redemption but is everyone entitled to a second chance, to endless chances?

Finishing up the second season of Insatiable on Netflix. 

Norrmally I don't believe in guilty pleasures, but good God, this show is the definition of it. 

25 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I'm of two minds about it. It's not like he's raped or killed anyone but he's still stooped to some pretty low depths. Maybe he is capable of redemption but is everyone entitled to a second chance, to endless chances?

Spoiler

I still think the Penny situation is fuzzy. On one hand Penny was a consenting adult (under the laws of New Mexico), and was not under the influence- morally wrong of course, to try to sleep with your friend's daughter after trying to hook up with the mom, but from a legal point of view I don't believe a crime would've been committed. However, as Pete Repeat's resurgence at the end of this season's finale states, he pretty much got a girl alcohol poisoned and left her at a hospital after giving teens alcohol. Pretty fucked.

Sarah Lynn and Gina, yeah, you can't deny Bojack is at fault here.

The man has done a lot of shitty things, but I don't even know if he should be punished at this point or not. His whole life has been punishment, but he never has taken blame for these things either- he never admitted to the public about the truth of the Sarah Lynn incident and Gina prevented him from talking about what he did to her. 

This series I'm real scared for what will happen in 6B. It could've ended on such a nice note on the 7th episode of this season, but of course, it's Bojack Horseman. I don't have a prediction of my own for what the final season will do to us but it has to be something insane. I could see Bojack relapsing or even attempting to take his life in this season. 

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • GNFNR 1

36 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Finishing up the second season of Insatiable on Netflix. 

Norrmally I don't believe in guilty pleasures, but good God, this show is the definition of it. 

Just started season 2 ...love this show!!!

• Like 1

Haunted on netflix

people sit in a circle and tell their true ghost stories to friends and family, with some of it depicted by actors.

the format seemed more like Cut or Jubilee on YT. But blended with a far too serious old school traditional tv production. Worlds colliding in the most uncomfortable manner!

I might check out second ep but they also kinda glossed over all the parts of horror that I like - social, economic, political - to focous strictly on how scary the monster simply is.

Dolemite Is My Name is an absolute joy. Very much the spiritual successor of Burton’s Ed Wood. It’s written by the same guys and it often plays like a remake with different characters, while still honoring Moore as affectionately as they did Wood. 

I don’t know how anyone could resist the charm of Murphy when he’s actually...well, trying. Hopefully he won’t retreat back into prosthetics and semi retirement like he did after Dreamgirls. 

Edited by Angelica
  • Like 2

On 11/1/2019 at 10:19 PM, Angelica said:

Dolemite Is My Name is an absolute joy. Very much the spiritual successor of Burton’s Ed Wood. It’s written by the same guys and it often plays like a remake with different characters, while still honoring Moore as affectionately as they did Wood. 

I don’t know how anyone could resist the charm of Murphy when he’s actually...well, trying. Hopefully he won’t retreat back into prosthetics and semi retirement like he did after Dreamgirls. 

Loved this flick. It was a reminder that anyone can accomplish anything as long as they have a positive attitude and they treat those around them with respect. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Been trying to get back into Castle Rock. Not liking it as much as I used to. 

On 11/9/2019 at 7:50 AM, EvanG said:

The Devil Next Door on Netflix. Documentary about Ivan the Terrible.

I thought that was a really good doc. 

Side note; I finished the last season of You're The Worst since it was finally on Hulu. Really awkward season but it had some good moments. 

Watching Jack Ryan on Prime. Not sure why, but lets see what its all about. Also pumped to be re-watching Parks And Recreation (again! :lol:) Its so good :headbang:

• Like 1

Currently watching Castle Rock on Hulu. Outside of Lizzy Caplan, there's some real shitty acting going on during this season... 

On 2019-11-25 at 11:01 AM, soon said:

Watching Jack Ryan on Prime. Not sure why, but lets see what its all about. Also pumped to be re-watching Parks And Recreation (again! :lol:) Its so good :headbang:

I enjoyed Jack Ryan season 1. Not so much the same for season 2.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Coma16 said:

I enjoyed Jack Ryan season 1. Not so much the same for season 2.

Well, dang, Im just about to start Season 2 :lol:

I liked season 1 even though Krasinski reminds me of his Jim Halpert character from The Office. Sometimes its distracting.

11 minutes ago, soon said:

Well, dang, Im just about to start Season 2 :lol:

I liked season 1 even though Krasinski reminds me of his Jim Halpert character from The Office. Sometimes its distracting.

He ruined forever because of the Office lol

Season 2 was decent and worth watching. Just wasnt as good, imo, bit that can be said about most shows after season 1.

We started watching The Morning Show on Apple TV. It's not the greatest show I've ever seen but it's better than the reviews make it out to be. 

On November 30, 2019 at 10:30 AM, Coma16 said:

He ruined forever because of the Office lol

Season 2 was decent and worth watching. Just wasnt as good, imo, bit that can be said about most shows after season 1.

I agree about season 2. Cant put my finger on why, but its just not as good. And the Halpert effect continues!

There have been a lot of Christmas movies added to Netflix recently for the holiday season. Anybody have any recommendations? 

24 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

There have been a lot of Christmas movies added to Netflix recently for the holiday season. Anybody have any recommendations? 

I watched Klaus the other day because I heard good things about it and it is quite good.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

Just started watching Marvelous Mrs Maisel on Amazon Prime today. I'm 5 episodes into season 1 and this show is every bit as good as I've heard. 

• Like 2