What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Ace Nova

Just finished watching the first season of American Horror Story....thought it was very good and I think the show is under-appreciated....never heard that much about it. I'm halfway through season 2 and it's just as good, if not better than season one.

The first season could be considered somewhat "out there" for many people but season two isn't as much...much more realistic "feel" to it.

Very good show....I highly recommend it.

Have you finished season two yet? Defintely the best season out of the three IMO, except for the

Alien plothole

I mostly watch It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia or the Investigation Discovery true crime shows like Wicked Attraction and Deadly Women.

What about "I (Almost) Got Away With It"? That's gotta be my favorite out of all of them. There was also this other show on there, "Stolen Voices, Buried Dreams" or something like that. Really good, but it only had something like five episodes.

Just finished watching the first season of American Horror Story....thought it was very good and I think the show is under-appreciated....never heard that much about it. I'm halfway through season 2 and it's just as good, if not better than season one.

The first season could be considered somewhat "out there" for many people but season two isn't as much...much more realistic "feel" to it.

Have you finished season two yet? Defintely the best season out of the three IMO, except for the

Alien plothole

Yes, I enjoyed it....had a little too much going on at times....but it was good overall. Started watching season 3 but got distracted by House of Cards and Hannibal....should get back to watching season 3 in a few weeks...

I mostly watch It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia or the Investigation Discovery true crime shows like Wicked Attraction and Deadly Women.

What about "I (Almost) Got Away With It"? That's gotta be my favorite out of all of them.

Yeah...that's def. one of the better ones....that or Disappeared.

What about "I (Almost) Got Away With It"? That's gotta be my favorite out of all of them. There was also this other show on there, "Stolen Voices, Buried Dreams" or something like that. Really good, but it only had something like five episodes.

Don't care for I Almost Got Away With It. The few episodes I've seen weren't very exciting and the crimes commited weren't that interesting.

I do like Stolen Voices, Buried Secrets though. I like Stalked and Disappeared also. Most true crime I like.

Don't care for I Almost Got Away With It. The few episodes I've seen weren't very exciting and the crimes commited weren't that interesting.

I do like Stolen Voices, Buried Secrets though. I like Stalked and Disappeared also. Most true crime I like.

Yeah, the crimes in the first two seasons and the fifth one aren't all that great. Seasons three and four are where all the interesting ones are. I think the dude who was the basis for that Jim Carrey movie, "I Love You Phillip Morris" is the subject of an episode in one of those seasons.

I haven't seen that "Stalked and Disappeared" show, I'll have to check that one out. Until very recently, as in yesterday, I thought the show only had those six episodes, but not only does it have two whole seasons and is ongoing, it also has six other episodes part of the first season. Wonder why we only ended up with six? Regardless, I'm hoping they add more some time soon.

Yeah, the crimes in the first two seasons and the fifth one aren't all that great. Seasons three and four are where all the interesting ones are. I think the dude who was the basis for that Jim Carrey movie, "I Love You Phillip Morris" is the subject of an episode in one of those seasons.

I haven't seen that "Stalked and Disappeared" show, I'll have to check that one out. Until very recently, as in yesterday, I thought the show only had those six episodes, but not only does it have two whole seasons and is ongoing, it also has six other episodes part of the first season. Wonder why we only ended up with six? Regardless, I'm hoping they add more some time soon.

No, it's two shows. One is called Stalked and the other is called Disappeared :)

No, it's two shows. One is called Stalked and the other is called Disappeared :)

Oh wow, I'm dumb. My mistake. Still gonna be checking them out soon though. Even better, that's twice what I thought there would be! Haha.

If you haven't already do not watch season 3.

• Like 1

I've heard mixed reviews but most of them were actually positive...especially from critics. :shrugs: I'm somewhat open minded about these types of shows....as long as they have strong acting, decent writing/directing....I don't mind them being a little "out there".

I've heard mixed reviews but most of them were actually positive...especially from critics. :shrugs: I'm somewhat open minded about these types of shows....as long as they have strong acting, decent writing/directing....I don't mind them being a little "out there".

Sadly this show takes a huge downward spiral and doesn't have good acting or writing IMO in season 3. But some people did like it though. Hopefully season 4 is better.

It really is terrible, KK. I don't see how some liked season 3, it's like they turned the show into a weird teenage girl type of horror and Emma Roberts absolutely killed the season for me. The misuse of Evan Peters and Lily Rabe sucked, too. It's no wonder she won't be back for next season :(

It really is terrible, KK. I don't see how some liked season 3, it's like they turned the show into a weird teenage girl type of horror and Emma Roberts absolutely killed the season for me. The misuse of Evan Peters and Lily Rabe sucked, too. It's no wonder she won't be back for next season :(

81% Fresh: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/american-horror-story/

:shrugs:

I trust your opinions though....so I won't get my hopes up.

Ever since Leprechaun was added a few days ago I've been rewatching it over and over. I just love ridiculous horror movies like this. It's like, Child's Play level ridiculousness, before that franchise even got to that level. It realized from the get go that a three foot tall serial killer wasn't going to be a concept that scared most people. Anyone able to recommend something kinda like this? I feel the need for a very self aware horror movie that pokes fun at itself, kind of like Stitches and the Hatchet series. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Dexter, as I've never seen the series. I don't have showtime which sucks and didn't sign up to netflix until a few months ago. Boy, was I excited to find Dexter as I'd heard so much about it in general

and since Axl appeared to be a huge fan of Dexter and many here have talked of the show in past threads it piqued my interest. I typically do not watch TV series as I find most of them boring but was surprised at how good Dexter is. The character played by Michael Hall, shockingly pretty well done. So thanks for brainwashing me into seeing Dexter after seeing that word over and over again guys. "Dexter, Dexter, Dexter", Me: " whats the big deal with fucking Dexter? ". LOL

Any other shows/series to be recommended that are on netflix? I've always lagged behind in regards to music and movies that everyone knows about or has seen. :shrugs:

Edited by Sheri_Rose

Dexter, as I've never seen the series. I don't have showtime which sucks and didn't sign up to netflix until a few months ago. Boy, was I excited to find Dexter as I'd heard so much about it in general

and since Axl appeared to be a huge fan of Dexter and many here have talked of the show in past threads it piqued my interest. I typically do not watch TV series as I find most of them boring but was surprised at how good Dexter is. The character played by Michael Hall, shockingly pretty well done. So thanks for brainwashing me into seeing Dexter after seeing that word over and over again guys. "Dexter, Dexter, Dexter", Me: " whats the big deal with fucking Dexter? ". LOL

Any other shows/series to be recommended that are on netflix? I've always lagged behind in regards to music and movies that everyone knows about or has seen. :shrugs:

If you want, I could take you under my "Netflix wing". I've got a ton of shows/movies I could recommend. One of my favorite shows currently on Netflix is Sons of Anarchy, although this year it will be on its final season. Another great one is Rectify. Orange is the New Black is pretty good, so far. Some humorous ones are Archer and Todd and the Book of Pure Evil, though the latter is cancelled. "The Haunting Hour" is a surprisingly good show, if not a little cheesy at times, it's a pretty recent watch of mine as well. Also, an oldy but a good is "Highlander: The Series." Then there's the show Derek, it's like the perfect blend of humor and horribly depressing, haha. Have you checked out Arrested Development, by the way? I'm burned out on it at this point, but it actually has a fourth season that's exclusive to Netflix.

Also, about Dexter, don't get your hopes up too high following the fourth season. There is a noticeable downward spiral in quality. Especially season eight... *Shudders*

Sheri, Not sure which country you're in, but try MI-5 (Spooks) and Ripper Street. Really good. And House of Cards, Orange is the New Black of course.

I've just discovered primewire.ag. There is tons of stuff I have been looking for out there.

Like others have said, you can't go wrong with House of Cards and Orange is the New Black. I also liked Lillyhammer and American Horror Story...all currently available on Netflix.

Also, about Dexter, don't get your hopes up too high following the fourth season. There is a noticeable downward spiral in quality. Especially season eight... *Shudders*

I've heard a lot of people say that but I actually thought the show was good up until at least season 7....and then you can see it start to really unwind about halfway through season 8.....it's almost as if the writers were on acid.... :lol:

Like others have said, you can't go wrong with House of Cards and Orange is the New Black. I also liked Lillyhammer and American Horror Story...all currently available on Netflix.

I've heard a lot of people say that but I actually thought the show was good up until at least season 7....and then you can see it start to really unwind about halfway through season 8.....it's almost as if the writers were on acid.... :lol:

Ah man, I can't believe I forgot to mention Lilyhammer!

I can kind of agree with that, but season five was just really, really boring for me. I liked season six until the last couple of episodes, and season seven was until the whole BS romance subplot. From then on, the series was ruined. Not completely, no. It wasn't completely ruined until about the fourth or fifth episode of season eight. Don't even get me started on the rest of that garbage season. It's like they didn't even try. Seriously, I could have written a better conclusion in the third grade. It would still suck, but it wouldn't suck that much.

Thanks guys for the replies! orange is the new black, never heard of it. Actually none of the shows besides AHS ( american horror story ) and son's of anarchy sound familiar to me. I'm not really big into

comedies and prefer darker themed shows, such as american horror story. I missed the first two seasons but caught the third one about the coven of witches. Loved it til' about half way through and was disappointed

in the ending.

As for Dexter I'm actually on Season 7-dealing with the love interest hannah and sirko. I have enjoyed the series so far but it's irritating every episode how Dexter just continues to "kill", his little routine-the writers have

gotten rather grandoise with his kills. I mean, as a guy with a full time job how does he find the time to do all of this, take care of his son too? I know a show is supposed to suspend belief but, also think it's supposed to be

irritating to the viewer how Dexter operates or in general just how insane it is he's targeting two people in one day, multi-tasking more than in previous seasons. Not quite sure what's up with the writers.

I feel the series lost it's omph during the religious bs and of course the political guy ( forget his name ) joining in on the kills. Dexter isn't supposed to have any partners. I'm also disappointed that Debra has already found out

about Dexter, it wasn't as climatic as they built it up to be as during the first season and second it was built up to be this huge....thing if it were to come out.

Eh, sorry for the rambling! I'll check out some of these shows! Thnx!

Thanks guys for the replies! orange is the new black, never heard of it. Actually none of the shows besides AHS ( american horror story ) and son's of anarchy sound familiar to me. I'm not really big into

comedies and prefer darker themed shows, such as american horror story. I missed the first two seasons but caught the third one about the coven of witches. Loved it til' about half way through and was disappointed

in the ending.

As for Dexter I'm actually on Season 7-dealing with the love interest hannah and sirko. I have enjoyed the series so far but it's irritating every episode how Dexter just continues to "kill", his little routine-the writers have

gotten rather grandoise with his kills. I mean, as a guy with a full time job how does he find the time to do all of this, take care of his son too? I know a show is supposed to suspend belief but, also think it's supposed to be

irritating to the viewer how Dexter operates or in general just how insane it is he's targeting two people in one day, multi-tasking more than in previous seasons. Not quite sure what's up with the writers.

I feel the series lost it's omph during the religious bs and of course the political guy ( forget his name ) joining in on the kills. Dexter isn't supposed to have any partners. I'm also disappointed that Debra has already found out

about Dexter, it wasn't as climatic as they built it up to be as during the first season and second it was built up to be this huge....thing if it were to come out.

Eh, sorry for the rambling! I'll check out some of these shows! Thnx!

Orange Is the New Black and Lilyhammer are dark comedies/dramas....so you might actually like them. As far as American Horror Story goes, I've only watched seasons one and two so far....but from what I've heard, they're both better than season 3. :shrugs:

As for Dexter, be prepared to be really open minded about the last 5-6 episodes....especially if you've had some issues with it not being realistic up to/during season 7. ;)