What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Ace Nova

4 episodes of Season 5 of Lucifer on Netflix

2 hours ago, soon said:

The Mentalist

@marlingrl03 Thank you so much for this great suggestion!! A perfect follow up to watching The Sinner, for sure :headbang:

You and @dontdamnmeuyi2015 are right about how good it is! Ive just watched episode one and am hooked. I really liked the humour too.

And I mean, Simon Baker, c'mon! lol 

I know this show was so good. I was sorry to see it cancelled. But I do hope another season of The Sinner will be back, but not sure yet.

Meanwhile, enjoy the Mentalist. Yeah, Simon Baker is so cute!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soon said:

The Mentalist

@marlingrl03 Thank you so much for this great suggestion!! A perfect follow up to watching The Sinner, for sure :headbang:

And I mean, Simon Baker, c'mon! lol 

Haha, I know right?! Simon is in a league of his own. he's the man! :P

But seriously...I am glad you like the show, its a good one!

• GNFNR 1

53 minutes ago, soon said:

Ahhhh! yes! Cobra Kai is on Netflix!!

@marlingrl03 I know you like Karate Kid, did you already watch it all on YT? I loved the first 2 episodes I saw. Now theres 2 season :headbang:

I saw that! I am so happy! I saw when it was out on YT red or I guess its called YT Premium now, but was not willing to fork up the dough.

I need to start watching it. I LOVE the karate kid, I don't how many times I have seen the movies. :)

• GNFNR 1

26 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I saw that! I am so happy! I saw when it was out on YT red or I guess its called YT Premium now, but was not willing to fork up the dough.

I need to start watching it. I LOVE the karate kid, I don't how many times I have seen the movies. :)

Yay!! I guess we'll be watching at the same time! I forget if there was 2-3 original films, I should give them another watch too.

Still thoroughly enjoying The Mentalists too, thanks again :headbang:

3 hours ago, soon said:

Yay!! I guess we'll be watching at the same time! I forget if there was 2-3 original films, I should give them another watch too.

Still thoroughly enjoying The Mentalists too, thanks again :headbang:

3, although the 1st and 2nd movies were my faves and so glad to hear you are enjoying the Mentalist. Its hard not to like! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 8:02 AM, soon said:

Ahhhh! yes! Cobra Kai is on Netflix!!

@marlingrl03 I know you like Karate Kid, did you already watch it all on YT? I loved the first 2 episodes I saw. Now theres 2 season :headbang:

I just watched the first 2 episodes...oh wow, I'm hooked! I wish the episodes were longer and the flashback scenes from the movies were an awesome touch. Thanks Netflix!!!! B-)

• GNFNR 1

28 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I just watched the first 2 episodes...oh wow, I'm hooked! I wish the episodes were longer and the flashback scenes from the movies were an awesome touch. Thanks Netflix!!!! B-)

Well said. I’ve watched the first two and f’n love it! And the flash backs are too cool - makes it way more ‘real’ to me.

Cant wait to watch ep3 :headbang:

• Like 1

I watched the last 4 episodes of this season's Lucifer! What an awesome finale! Love this show. Tom Ellis is so damn funny as Lucifer. All the characters are so super cool.

Can't wait for season 6 and so glad it was renewed by Netflix. This show just got better when it went to air on Netflx. It's Fox's loss.

On 9/5/2020 at 11:12 AM, soon said:

Well said. I’ve watched the first two and f’n love it! And the flash backs are too cool - makes it way more ‘real’ to me.

Cant wait to watch ep3 :headbang:

Oh, I forgot about this show. Might have to see if my friend who has netflix will watch it. She's not really a fan of karate movies. lol

We might start to watch the Sabrina the witch show. She said it's awesome. Love anything horror.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Oh, I forgot about this show. Might have to see if my friend who has netflix will watch it. She's not really a fan of karate movies. lol

We might start to watch the Sabrina the witch show. She said it's awesome. Love anything horror.

I hope youre friend will want to watch it together! Its got karate for sure, also a lot of heart and humour. Commentary on how much times have changed since the movies. Jokes about different generations and how they engage one another. I would think theres enough of the other aspects to hopefully interest anyone.

Did you ever check out The Order? Its horror. 

23 hours ago, soon said:

I hope youre friend will want to watch it together! Its got karate for sure, also a lot of heart and humour. Commentary on how much times have changed since the movies. Jokes about different generations and how they engage one another. I would think theres enough of the other aspects to hopefully interest anyone.

Did you ever check out The Order? Its horror. 

didn't check out The Order yet. I forgot about it. lol There seems to be a lot of cool shows on Netflix now. I wish I could see Jason Momoa's "SEE" but that's on Apple tv. Too many other ways to watch shows now. Can't keep up. lol

Oh when my mom watches movies from the 40's, 50's and 60's, and how different people are played is just terrible. Many white actors playing black, Native American and Asians is just too painful to watch. I guess it was different times, but don't know how this could have been okay?

Glad things have changed today because I love watching movies with different groups of people and how their way of living is very much like everyone elses sometimes. It's good to broaden our lives.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

didn't check out The Order yet. I forgot about it. lol There seems to be a lot of cool shows on Netflix now. I wish I could see Jason Momoa's "SEE" but that's on Apple tv. Too many other ways to watch shows now. Can't keep up. lol

Oh when my mom watches movies from the 40's, 50's and 60's, and how different people are played is just terrible. Many white actors playing black, Native American and Asians is just too painful to watch. I guess it was different times, but don't know how this could have been okay?

Glad things have changed today because I love watching movies with different groups of people and how their way of living is very much like everyone elses sometimes. It's good to broaden our lives.

Well, no pressure about The Order! There really is too much to ever watch all the good stuff on Netflix - we are spoiled.

I agree about liking to experience authentic cultures and groups of people in film. Seems like it still bothers some people when they see greater diversity in film, which is silly. I cant imagine what people were thinking back in the day when white men played everybody.

4 hours ago, soon said:

Well, no pressure about The Order! There really is too much to ever watch all the good stuff on Netflix - we are spoiled.

I agree about liking to experience authentic cultures and groups of people in film. Seems like it still bothers some people when they see greater diversity in film, which is silly. I cant imagine what people were thinking back in the day when white men played everybody.

I love watching foreign films with subtitles. It makes it more read and I love learning about other cultures. Growing up in Brooklyn, NY I always had diverse friends especially in school. In Texas it's like that too. I feel learning about all people is making me grow more. It's what makes the world go round so to speak. We are all living here may as well learn from each other.

yeah, seeing a white person play another race is just horrible. Thank goodness that is over. I hope so.

• Like 1

More chilling adventures of Sabrina. it's getting super good now. Still in the first season. Two more to go! I do like this version of the Sabrina the teenage witch. Salem the cat is so darn cute!

It's a very good series. I think I have 4 more episodes to go before season 2. So glad I have two more seasons to watch. I'm really enjoying it.

• Like 2

Not sure why I decided to dive in, but began watching all the old Married with Children episodes.  

It's really interesting to watch from a sociological and personal perspective.  I remember the show as a kid growing up.  Much of what I remember about the show doesn't actually appear until later in the seasons.  It's been interesting to watch how the show morphs Al Bundy's character from this sort of lowly and pathetic loser in the first three or four seasons to a pseudo "Man's man" that lives off his former high school glory.  The whole schtick of scoring four touchdowns in a single game doesn't even get mentioned until season 5.  

There's zero chance a show like this could be made today.  The misogyny is ridiculous.  Listening to grow men cat call and lose their shit when Kelly walks in with a short tight dress is unbelievable.  While Al and Bud come off as pathetic and sad, the character of Peggy is so utterly deplorable and wretched that she makes all the other characters look benign in comparison.   Marcy seems to serve as nothing more than a target for the male characters to lob insults on career-minded females (but also to undermine that quality by making her sex-obsessed).  That said, Amanda Bears who plays Marcy is easily the best actor on the show.  

Anyway, really interesting to watch the show 30 years later.  I always considered it junk television but it's really fascinating to see how the show has held up (or doesn't) after all this time.  Put in the age of Trumpism, the show makes a lot more sense.  Or perhaps Married with Children makes sense of the current political climate we're in.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, downzy said:

Not sure why I decided to dive in, but began watching all the old Married with Children episodes.  

It's really interesting to watch from a sociological and personal perspective.  I remember the show as a kid growing up.  Much of what I remember about the show doesn't actually appear until later in the seasons.  It's been interesting to watch how the show morphs Al Bundy's character from this sort of lowly and pathetic loser in the first three or four seasons to a pseudo "Man's man" that lives off his former high school glory.  The whole schtick of scoring four touchdowns in a single game doesn't even get mentioned until season 5.  

There's zero chance a show like this could be made today.  The misogyny is ridiculous.  Listening to grow men cat call and lose their shit when Kelly walks in with a short tight dress is unbelievable.  While Al and Bud come off as pathetic and sad, the character of Peggy is so utterly deplorable and wretched that she makes all the other characters look benign in comparison.   Marcy seems to serve as nothing more than a target for the male characters to lob insults on career-minded females (but also to undermine that quality by making her sex-obsessed).  That said, Amanda Bears who plays Marcy is easily the best actor on the show.  

Anyway, really interesting to watch the show 30 years later.  I always considered it junk television but it's really fascinating to see how the show has held up (or doesn't) after all this time.  Put in the age of Trumpism, the show makes a lot more sense.  Or perhaps Married with Children makes sense of the current political climate we're in.  

Btw Amanda Bearse (Marcy) and Ed quite hated each other during the filming; he said so himself in a later remembrance in some show. 

Watching tight now- Real Time with Bill Mahr

Last movie watched- Obsession with Meki Phiefer.  Good acting. It is on Sho or HBO. A thriller. Russian mail order bride marries rich, old, very , very nice man. Young Black guy is hired. Hmmmm.....A mystery. Things happen. 
A chick flick, lol, if you want to call that , ok.