What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Ace Nova

Thanks guys for the replies! orange is the new black, never heard of it. Actually none of the shows besides AHS ( american horror story ) and son's of anarchy sound familiar to me. I'm not really big into

comedies and prefer darker themed shows, such as american horror story. I missed the first two seasons but caught the third one about the coven of witches. Loved it til' about half way through and was disappointed

in the ending.

As for Dexter I'm actually on Season 7-dealing with the love interest hannah and sirko. I have enjoyed the series so far but it's irritating every episode how Dexter just continues to "kill", his little routine-the writers have

gotten rather grandoise with his kills. I mean, as a guy with a full time job how does he find the time to do all of this, take care of his son too? I know a show is supposed to suspend belief but, also think it's supposed to be

irritating to the viewer how Dexter operates or in general just how insane it is he's targeting two people in one day, multi-tasking more than in previous seasons. Not quite sure what's up with the writers.

I feel the series lost it's omph during the religious bs and of course the political guy ( forget his name ) joining in on the kills. Dexter isn't supposed to have any partners. I'm also disappointed that Debra has already found out

about Dexter, it wasn't as climatic as they built it up to be as during the first season and second it was built up to be this huge....thing if it were to come out.

Eh, sorry for the rambling! I'll check out some of these shows! Thnx!

Orange is the New Black is a Netflix exclusive show, so that might be why you haven't heard of it. It is a comedy, but it gets pretty dark during its first season. Now would be a good time to start watching it, because a new season is due in about a month.

The whole "kill this guy, kill that guy" thing got pretty bland, I'll agree to that. Really though, that never bothered me too much when it was on air, but since the show has finished I've developed a lot of dislikings for the show and its content. To answer part of your question though, he manages to do all of this because he always dumps Harrison off on either his sister or the babysitter. If you think he does it a lot now, wait til season eight, haha. Speaking of season eight, you may think Kasanova King and I are over exaggerating the badness of it. We're not, unfortunately.

If you do eventually start Sons of Anarchy, keep in mind that it only really picks up around the fifth or sixth episode. Before that it seems like one of those "problem of the week" dramas that is almost sitcomish. However, I think you'll like it, because during the first two seasons all comic relief is pretty dark in content, and from season three and on it begins to focus on the main story more. I'd still recommend "The Haunting Hour" to you. I know that it's by the same guy who made that cheesy Goosebumps series, but it is actually creepy some episodes, the first two in particular, for me at least. Also, make sure to check out "Rectify" at some point, it's probably one of the best shows on Netflix right now.

I'm giving 10 items or less a chance. Anyone else here watch it?

Nah, I haven't watched it yet, but I remember at one point it was one of the movies I hoarded in my queue. How are you liking it so far?

I wasn't aware there was a movie of the same name.

I'm talking about the tv show :)

I'm giving 10 items or less a chance. Anyone else here watch it?

Nah, I haven't watched it yet, but I remember at one point it was one of the movies I hoarded in my queue. How are you liking it so far?

I wasn't aware there was a movie of the same name.

I'm talking about the tv show :)

I was talking about the TV series as well, my bad. A better term to use there would've been "titles" instead of movies. Regardless, I take it you're liking it?

Snow on tha Bluff.

First movie where I never understood a single word spoken and for some reason or another watched it in its entirety.

:lol:

From what I hear, that film is about as "real as it gets" when depicting "the hood".

• Like 1

Finished watching Season 4 of Arrested Development

not sure why so many people didn't like it, I thought it was pretty good

I actually liked it as well, but for some reason I've never been able to watch it since I binged the entire season the day they released it. If they end up making that movie or the fifth season, I'll probably rewatch it to refresh my memory.

Snow on tha Bluff.

First movie where I never understood a single word spoken and for some reason or another watched it in its entirety.

:lol:

From what I hear, that film is about as "real as it gets" when depicting "the hood".

Huh, you've actually heard of that? I never heard of it until I added it to my queue a few weeks back. Speaking of, yesterday I trimmed out a bunch of movies I figured I wouldn't rewatch any time soon, and yet my queue is still colossal! Anyone else here guilty of queue hoarding?

So, I watched this movie called "Wrong Cops" the other day, from the guy who brought us the abstract nonsense movies "Rubber" and "Wrong." Rubber was actually pretty decent because everything that happened fit with the movie, but Wrong seemed like it was nothing but a bunch of ideas the writer lumped together so he could have a movie out. Wrong Cops, unfortunately, follows the pattern that Wrong set, but at least it has a lot more funny moments and isn't quite as senselessly abstract. I get the feeling that if I was blitzed out of my skull, the films of Quentin Dupieux would be much better and maybe even make more sense. Can someone who smokes pot try doing that and tell me how it turns out?

I think it was few days ago I finally watched the remake of "Maniac" with Elijah Wood. I don't know why the point of view filming technique was needed, but I'm glad it was used. It definitely added to horror of the whole concept. Very disturbing movie. Last night I finally got around to watching/finishing "American Mary." I had put it on before, but I always fell asleep, not because the movie bored me, just cause I put it on when I was tired. Anyways, it adds onto the long list of disturbing movies I've seen on Netflix and enjoyed. It definitely gives you a new perspective on the story type. Course, the downside is the ending seemed to come out of nowhere, but it also seemed to serve as a nice book end.

Aside from all of that, it's been the usual filler flicks you find on Netflix. Anyone seen "Suspended Animation"? I watched it and it seemed kind of like a Misery rip off, but maybe it was just me.

Also, haven't got around to watching it again yet, but "Fido," one of my favorite zombie movies of all time, was finally added back onto Netflix. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a zombie film that deviates from the norm.

Again, apologies for the long post. Had a bit of a "filmgasm" here, haha.

I'm on my 3rd run of watching the entire series of 30 rock.

I've heard that show recommended to me so many times, but I'm not sure I'd like it. I had no idea it was on Netflix though, I'll definitely have to try it out.

Don't bother.

Not a fan, I take it? Eh, I'll still give it a shot. I give everything at least 5-8 episodes to reel me in. After that I usually move on.

Finished watching Season 4 of Arrested Development

not sure why so many people didn't like it, I thought it was pretty good

I think it's because the episodes in season 4 focuses only on one person and what's funny in the other three seasons is the interaction between the characters. At least that's why I'm not too crazy about season 4.

I've heard that show recommended to me so many times, but I'm not sure I'd like it. I had no idea it was on Netflix though, I'll definitely have to try it out.

Don't bother.

...listening to Charlie Brown over here. It's wonderful.

Edited by Angelica

Not a fan, I take it? Eh, I'll still give it a shot. I give everything at least 5-8 episodes to reel me in. After that I usually move on.

What shows are you a big fan of?

Off the top of my head? Arrested Development, Third Rock from the Sun, Roseanne, The Simpsons, News Radio, Spaced, American Dad, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Boondocks, The Venture Bros, Robot Chicken, Wilfred, Archer, Futurama, Highlander, Sons of Anarchy, Dexter, Oz, Orange is the New Black, Prison Break, Derek, Rectify, and The Haunting Hour. I realize part or most of that most likely has nothing to do with, or is anything like 30 Rock, but I mentioned them anyways cause I'm open to all suggestions.

Don't bother.

...listening to Charlie Brown over here. It's wonderful.

No.

Man, the dexter finale I finally saw on netflix was horrible....

just had to say it. Y'all were right!

You can only say so much without flat out saying it to someone that has never seen it.

I think if they ever want to make a movie out of it, they would have to make that entire final episode some type of dream sequence or hallucination that Dexter was having....and maybe start it over from there.

I watched the entire Lost Series. I'm so upset the way it ended. I've now watched the first season of The Bates Motel. I really like it. I'm still not over Lost though.

Edit: Had to edit out the spoiler on the ending of Lost. I cried at the way they ended that. Being a Southerner... I had a mad crush on Sawyer though, he spoke my language.

Edited by AdriftatSea