Fans who want reunion and fans who don't

What does it really matter anymore? If Axl's not gonna fix his faults, he might as well just call it a day. So yeah, at this point, I much rather him just retire.

That being said, id still rather have a reunion instead of what we "have" today. And it's borderline maddening how anyone could prefer Axl milking nostalgia with a bunch of faceless, third rate, musicians instead of doing it with his actual co-creators.

• Like 1

I don't want a reunion of Axl and Slash. I would be fine with a reuinion of Axl, Izzy, Duff, and Matt or Steven with Bumble and or Fortus, or a reunion of the 2002 lineup, but not Axl and Slash.

Here's why. Axl has so much hate for Slash, even if they did a reuinion outside of a show or two, I think tension would still be there and it would just blow up again like it did when Slash originally left, leaving Axl forced to once again put together a new lineup and hide from the public for years.

I think the ideal way to do a Axl/Slash reuinion would be to just do one show on a tv broadcast, and that's that.

Edited by liers

Fuck the old "band"

I don't get the humor? You just trolling? No way would any gnr fans sayand mean that. With out the "old band", what would this cover band of today be doing? NOTHING

Semi-trolling i guess. I just hate these reunion threads. I have respect for the alumni and still enjoy their music.

I'd love a reunion but only with the right place and time. I wouldn't want a 6 month advertisement for the reunion and all the other junk, I'd just like to be watching the Super Bowl and halftime to come around and hear the intro to Welcome to the Jungle then when the lights come on you have Axl, Slash, Duff, Steven, and Izzy. After that they can do a big tour.

It's all just a dream though haha I can see how a reunion wouldn't be cool. It's like Slash said on Howard Stern, it would be cool for 5 minutes then nobody would care

A reunion would be cool, but I'm not fussed about it. It'd obviously just be a cashgrab, which you guys all seem to be against the idea of.

I mean, I'd be ecstatic if they reunited and went on to release an album, especially if it wasn't Rubin-produced "back to the roots" Nobody puts baby in a corner, but that's less likely than being struck by lightning thrice while in the midst of winning the lottery jackpot.

I used to fully support "newgnr" but when Robin left for the last time I consider it dead in the water, especially since Axl got DJ Ashba to replace him...he may as well put a giant cock and balls in the logo if he has Ashba in GNR.

So classic era reunion all the way baby, preferably with Adler behind the kit.

They should tour as the GNR Family. The old guys for the old songs and new guys for the new songs. It's a win/win.

Slash's ego couldn't handle sharing the spotlight with another lead guitarist. Axl's ego couldn't handle the reaction to the new guys & CD material compared to the old band.

Dude it has nothing to do with ego.

It has everything to do with sounding like a complete shitstorm mess. I'm a guitarist and love guitar music, but there's a reason bands normally have only one primary lead guitarist.

You gonna tell me EVH is a loser and he should hire fucking BBF and DJ and Ron to shred shitty meaningless notes all over his playing? Yeah, I forgot, here on this forum, BBF is the world's most famous and legendary and influential guitarist. God damn, where' the jerk-off icon...

• Like 1

I'm sure a reunion will happen eventually....after the South America tour ends, Axl will probably take a few years off and realize that he could make more money touring with the original lineup for ONE year than he has made touring for CD over the past 6 years.

They should tour as the GNR Family. The old guys for the old songs and new guys for the new songs. It's a win/win.

Slash's ego couldn't handle sharing the spotlight with another lead guitarist. Axl's ego couldn't handle the reaction to the new guys & CD material compared to the old band.

Dude it has nothing to do with ego.

It has everything to do with sounding like a complete shitstorm mess. I'm a guitarist and love guitar music, but there's a reason bands normally have only one primary lead guitarist.

You gonna tell me EVH is a loser and he should hire fucking BBF and DJ and Ron to shred shitty meaningless notes all over his playing? Yeah, I forgot, here on this forum, BBF is the world's most famous and legendary and influential guitarist. God damn, where' the jerk-off icon...

You're a guitarist, eh nicey? And what bar band are you playing for?

I'm sure a reunion will happen eventually....after the South America tour ends, Axl will probably take a few years off and realize that he could make more money touring with the original lineup for ONE year than he has made touring for CD over the past 6 years.

It's not about money, is it? Axl is making money with his current band. He's already a millionaire. He's supposedly happy with his life at this moment.

Why would he need or want more money if reuniting with real Guns means he's no longer the ultimate boss? Do you think Slash and/or Duff will put up with Axl's lateness again? Not possible.

Like I said, a reunion would happen under the right circumstances for all of them and since that's not possible - it will never happen.