Do you think Axl's management had to haggle and negotiate with him to get the 3 new songs into the setlist?

I don't care whether he was resistant, but even if he played 3 songs we've never heard before I wouldn't call it a success. No other band would ever call that a success. People here would only call it a success because we have such unbelievably low standards. For any other band, what has happened in the last 10 years would be a huge embarrassment. Yet everyone gives Axl a free pass and the benefit of the doubt, just cause you all keep hoping something is gonna change. If they had to haggle with Axl to get 3 new songs in the set, thats fucking sad.

• Like 4

If the songs are new like The General is that really gonna sell more tickets? People are going to hear SCOM, WTTJ, PC etc. I can't even see a new album bumping their attendance in the States unless there are some major hits. As it stands now Gn'R will draw between 5-10,000 on their own in the US. This won't change unless Slash comes back. I know the kids on here who weren't around for Gn'R's heyday will disagree but it's true.

At this point I only consider one or any combination of these things a success:

*new album of unheard material (not remixes and reworked versions of old songs)

*Ashba out of GNR or at least unplugging his guitar

*reunion

Playing a couple of unheard songs live could be good but a) will Axl be in shape (vocally) to do them justice?

and b) will DJ be able to play them?

I doubt it would be like 01 and 06 where they debuted new songs live and they rocked, though I could be wrong...

Why are we questioning things if we aren't sure they even happened?

Because this site isn't run by / and there is nothing else going on in Gn'R-land. It sure beats guys sitting around talking about Axl's weight/appearance or sites where you can't mention Slash.

Actually I think it's a step below those things on the 'pathetic scale' but hey thats just me.

Because this site isn't run by / and there is nothing else going on in Gn'R-land. It sure beats guys sitting around talking about Axl's weight/appearance or sites where you can't mention Slash.

Actually I think it's a step below those things on the 'pathetic scale' but hey thats just me.

I know we have a few youngsters on here but at least in this thread we're discussing music which to me sure beats grown ass men discussing Axl's weight and appearance.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx
  • Like 2

I know we have a few youngsters on here but at least in this thread we're discussing music which to me sure beats grown ass men discussing Axl's weight and appearance.

The way the title of the thread is worded sounded to me like we know there are for sure 3 new songs ready to go, if you guys are just speculating then my bad.

If they play even one new song we haven't heard before, this forum is going to explode.

Where did you get the number 3 anyway? Was there any talk ever about 3 songs (new or old) being added to the setlist? Because if that is the case then I feel like it would have been huge news that I haven't seen discussed here yet.

Edited by sweetness

If they want these three new songs to get any positive outcome from it, I would release final mastered versions of ALL three songs avail to download via itunes for free with every concert ticket purchased. at least it gives people a chance to listen to the songs properly before going to a concert, otherwise you have thousands of people at a concert not knowing what the hell gnr are singing, it doesn't give the crowd a proper chance to get into the song..

Where did you get the number 3 anyway? Was there any talk ever about 3 songs (new or old) being added to the setlist? Because if that is the case then I feel like it would have been huge news that I haven't seen discussed here yet.

Yes it has been announced and yes it was talked about for weeks.

He's being funny.

He's being funny.

There are so many retards here that its impossible to tell.

He's being funny.

Not even, I totally missed that. Would be nice if people could just answer a legit question without getting all defensive, jesus.