Would a new album jump start the band's writing process?

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Let's say GnR DOES release an album this year. Guaranteed, it will be mostly CD era material that's been rerecorded. The General, Jackie Chan, Soul Monster, Atlas, Going Down, etc. They do a world tour, release singles, etc. They can finish up a world tour in 2 or 3 years. Then what? Will the release of the CD material Axl deems worthy of a release lead to the band to write as a whole? Will we get albums on a regular basis? Does it depend on whether or not there is a radio hit?

Will a new album jump start the band's writing process? No. That's illogical; if they release an album of Chinese leftovers, why would that jump start the writing process? They'd have a new album out, i.e. no need to write immediately.

Could CDII have a radio hit? Probably not. I mean, anything is possible and there would be no way to tell until we hear the material, but if CD is any basis, it doesn't bode well.

When/after a new album comes out, do you expect albums to come out on a regular basis? Yes if there is a radio hit. I don't necessarily think a hit per se is important, so long as the album is successful (Which given the general public's opinion of GN'R seems virtually impossible). Successful album means the label wants to put more of it out.

I actually don't think it would take that much for GNR to get a "hit", at least what passes for one these days in the rock world (basically, a decent amount of radio play and solid sales on iTunes). With the decent press they have been getting for touring, put out a new album with a catchy single and a lot of people will be curious to see how Axl follows up Chinese Democracy. If the song is good, it will get played.