Vocally, what era was the best for GN'R?

Vocally, what era was the best for GN'R?  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's really cute how some fans want to believe he sounded better any year in the 00's than he did 85 - 93

I think Axl sounded his best on the UYI albums, he was at his peak and had a great balance of power, rasp, and clean sounding vocals. No other singer can touch Axl Rose in the early 90's.

• Like 2

Obviously 2011 and 2012. Anyone else who thinks otherwise is daft.

Rock In Rio IV and the Bridge School Benefit? COMPLETE MASTERPIECES OF THE HUMAN EXPERIENCE.

It also helps that DJ Ashba, the GREATEST GUITARIST IN THE UNIVERSE, was leading the band.

Edited by IRanOutOfIdeas
  • Like 1

I'm going to get a ton of hate for this, but 2002, followed closely by 2006.

Here's my reasoning. Axl was more consistant in 2002 than he has ever been. Night after night his voice had the same power and the same tone. Yes, it was mickey mouse, but it was powerful. All the other eras his voice was different night after night, you could get him one night where he was spot on, another night where he had no power, and another night where he had so much rasp it sounded like nails on a chalk board.

2006 he had rasp, but as far as power goes he was inconsistant, same with 2010. A lot of people here pay too much attention to rasp or no rasp, the more important thing is really how much power he has.

Shit poll. 85 he sounded like dog ass, but 88 was his best year.

Seriously. You think there's enough of a difference between 2011, 2012 and 2013 to warrant separate options, but 85-90 gets shoved into one option? Jesus fuck. Do it properly.

85-87

88-90

91-93

94-98

99-02

06-07

09-10

11-13

It's really cute how some fans want to believe he sounded better any year in the 00's than he did 85 - 93

I think Axl sounded his best on the UYI albums, he was at his peak and had a great balance of power, rasp, and clean sounding vocals. No other singer can touch Axl Rose in the early 90's.

He sounded better in 06 and 2010 than he did pre-AFD. Generic, shitty hair metal screecher.

Edited by bacardimayne

Totally agree, on the UYI albums he can't be touched, it was perfect.

But during the tour his voice was really shot at times.