Cracked.com Podcast: Popculture Expiration Dates. GNR discussion.

http://www.cracked.com/podcast/pop-culture-expiration-dates-why-music-movies-go-bad/

Thought I'd share this. Very interesting discussion about how music and movies hold up over time.

They discuss the 80s and talk about hair metal and early hip hop, and GNR is mentioned in that Appetite for Destruction holds up better than hair metal of the time, and why it manages to age so well.

I don't listen to the podcasts or anything, but I just wanted to say: cracked is one of my favorite sites on the web. If you get a chance to read their stuff, it's not only very informative, but also hilarious.

No question about that. Their live stuff has always been a severe letdown compared to the articles though.

I don't listen to the podcasts or anything, but I just wanted to say: cracked is one of my favorite sites on the web. If you get a chance to read their stuff, it's not only very informative, but also hilarious.

No question about that. Their live stuff has always been a severe letdown compared to the articles though.

Give it a shot man. Their podcast doesn't try to be funny, mostly informative.

You're right, it's a bunch of nerds discussing pop culture, but that doesn't make it bad. In fact I'd rather it be a bunch of nerds.

Cracked's gone way, way downhill over the last couple of years. Unbelievably so. I only check in occasionally to see if a couple of the full-time columnists have anything new.

Give it a shot man. Their podcast doesn't try to be funny, mostly informative.

You're right, it's a bunch of nerds discussing pop culture, but that doesn't make it bad. In fact I'd rather it be a bunch of nerds.

I listened to it. It was nowhere near as bad as I was expecting. Their videos really killed any expectations I had of the podcast to be any good, but I guess I should have given it a chance to begin with.