If The RnRHoF line-up got together for touring + an album, would that "inspire" Axl?

Imagine if the RnRHoF line-up got together like when VR began, and the amount of negativism that would generate towards nuGnR. Do you think that would potentially fuel Axl into get into better shape, change set lists, and eventually hit the studio? Do you think Axl would mind it or would he not give a damn about it all?

Yes, it would inspire him........... To sue them.

I don't think anyone besides Axl can release anything under the GnR name or tour as GnR.

Not as Guns N' Roses, but as a new band. It would still generate hate towards nuGnR A LOT

They could bill themselves as "Classic Guns". I don't know if it would inspire Axl but I'm sure if they got a badass vocalist to do the tour, and he was killing it, I think Axl might sit up and take notice that someone else was doing his songs justice. If nothing else, he would probably have some jealousy over his former band touring and giving the fans what they WANT. It would have to be someone with a hell of a voice, just the right amount of rasp, and the energy to get the crowd roaring. Diva-types need not apply. This is all, of course, if he can manage to figure out the parental control password that Big Mama has put on his wifi. It saddens me that the life of one of the most badass of rock vocalists has become one big game of "Mother, May I?"

Why would it be any different than VR?

Because Scott >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Scott's shit >>>>>> Myles Kennedy

I disagree, but that's not what I meant.

What I meant was, why would Axl react any differently to the HOF lineup putting out an album and touring than he did to VR?

Probably because instead of a new band, it would be 5 ex GNR members touring under a GNR header playing GNR music.

They wouldn't legally be allowed to tour as GNR. They'd have to go with something "similar", which is basically what Velvet Revolver did.

You really think Axl would give that much more of a shit just because of Gilby and an extra drummer? If he didn't lose his shit over Slash, Duff and Matt touring under a GNR-inspired name, he's not going to lose his shit over Slash, Duff, Matt, Steven and Gilby touring under a GNR-inspired name. What might make a difference is if Izzy were involved.

Edited by bacardimayne

They could bill themselves as "Classic Guns". I don't know if it would inspire Axl but I'm sure if they got a badass vocalist to do the tour, and he was killing it, I think Axl might sit up and take notice that someone else was doing his songs justice. If nothing else, he would probably have some jealousy over his former band touring and giving the fans what they WANT. It would have to be someone with a hell of a voice, just the right amount of rasp, and the energy to get the crowd roaring. Diva-types need not apply. This is all, of course, if he can manage to figure out the parental control password that Big Mama has put on his wifi. It saddens me that the life of one of the most badass of rock vocalists has become one big game of "Mother, May I?"

Not sure they could even go by "Classic Guns". Look at John Fogerty, he sued his former CCWR bandmates for touring as Creedence Clear Water Revisited and managed to force them to stop using the name. I also can't see Duff or Izzy doing it without Axl.

One of the things that made GnR famous was axl's antics and stage presence. You expecting a rant. You expected someone to get thrown out. Not to mention his writing ability. Without Axl, it wouldn't get the same kind of attention because Axl made up the largest part of GnR.

That said, I think the best thing for Slash, Duff, and Matt would be to get a new singer for Velvet Revolver, and not Myles. Velvet Revolver made out pretty well with Fall to Pieces, Slash is doing well solo. It makes sense to get a new singer of VR or bring back Scott Weiland. I can't stand Myle's voice though, I don't get how people can hate Axl's Mickey Mouse voice and then act like Myles is the greatest singer ever.

As far as Axl goes, It's sad that he has no ambition. Back in 2001/2002, he was ready to take on the world with the new band. He was exited about the new material and exited about the new band. He ruined that, and came back in 2006 still on fire, and then again ruined that. 2009/2010 he had finally released the album and still had ambition, then something happened between 2010 and 2011 that just ruined it. The rumors that he brought an album to the record company and they denied it makes sense. At RIR you can tell he's depressed and has no interest in being there. I think he kind of realized at that point that 10 years ago on that stage he thought he would be ontop of the world, looking back he wasted all that time and that band.

Edited by liers

I think Axl’s problem is not inspiration but perspiration.

Slash and the other original members were the ones who could give him a good kick in the seat of his pants and get him going.

Then he got rid of them and he got stuck. Life is a bitch

I'd love VR + Corey Taylor

Or the classic 4 with Izzy on vocals

Both options would be better than nunuGNR. I don't know how Axl would react. I heard he likes some VR/Slash songs so maybe he wouldn't care. Maybe he would be pissed off but then he would take his medicantion so Beta and her family can go out and have some pizza. I don't know...

I'd love VR + Corey Taylor

Or the classic 4 with Izzy on vocals

Both options would be better than nunuGNR. I don't know how Axl would react. I heard he likes some VR/Slash songs so maybe he wouldn't care. Maybe he would be pissed off but then he would take his medicantion so Beta and her family can go out and have some pizza. I don't know...

Just found this on wikipedia, I know it's not the most believeable source, but I found it interesting.

"Stradlin was then asked by his former Guns N' Roses band mates Duff McKagan, Slash, and Matt Sorum to join the supergroup Velvet Revolver. Although he contributed to the songwriting process while the band was in its formative stage, Stradlin ultimately declined to join due to his aversion to life on the road and his unwillingness to work with a lead singer, although he offered to share vocal duties with McKagan."

So if that's true, then at one point it was possible that Duff and Izzy would do vocals for VR. That would be pretty close to a GnR reunion. Wikipedia puts that in 1995-2002, I wonder if that would still be a possibility for Izzy now that he's on good terms with Axl.

God! Miles Kennedy sucks and when he sings GNR songs, he really sucks!

They could record and sing and tour, but they'll never be GNR without Axl Rose.

Well, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one - on that note, Myles Kennedy is about to win loudwire's fan voting for vocalist of the year, for the 2nd consecutive year....out of 3 yearsof having the awards

At this point, I don't think much of anything would give Axl inspiration.

Maybe falling in love. Maybe if he somehow lost all his money.

If Axl isn't inspired right now to share his music with his millions of fans, what else could inspire the guy?

Imagine being one of the greatest rock singers of all time and still being young and healthy enough to produce quality rock music. Imagine knowing you have a built in following out there. You've got a talented band at your disposal, plus the option to record with another band that would set the music world on fire. You've got at least an albums worth of material in the can, plus your current band has a couple prolific writers. And to top it off..........you still have millions of fans who love you and crave your music. If all that can't inspire the guy to put out music every 3-4 years, what can?

Today, call Slash and go sing one song on his upcoming album. In trade, Slash agrees to go to vegas and special guest for a couple songs during the upcoming residency. Suddenly those shows instantly sell out and are the hottest tickets in town. Huge buzz is created.

Release live DVD tomorrow.

Release double album this summer.

Tour 2014-2015) and do that thing where if you attended the show you can use your ticket stub to buy video of the show you just watched.

Vacation 2016

2017......release new album and Axl Rose autobiography. Tour.

Axl could be on top of the rock world again..........if he only wanted to.

But for whatever reason, the man has no interest in that. He appears to be content doing occasional tours, playing the classic songs.

Its his life and career and he can obviously run them anyway he wants. Sucks as a fan of his, though.