Duff asked about Axl using the GnR name (video)

Stinson is a complete sell out. Nobody can now keep up the pretence that the guy has some 'punk rock' appeal. He is a joke.

A pretty fuckin successful joke.

Who are you to talk? Do you get to travel the world and do something you love AND get paid for it?

If you do then please disregard my comment.

There you have it: Duff is not butthurt about the name. Perhaps some fans should be more like Duff.

Who is butt hurt? It's an amusing never-ending failure.

Also, being fan =/= emulating the people you're fans of.

Oh c'mon Rusty. It doesn't matter what word I choose, I would argue there's plenty of evidence that many fans are bothered by the name. Hell, Axl even made one of his chats centered around the subject. It's a point of contention for many fans.

Also, the band continues to be a successful failure, if you'll pardon the oxymoron. ; )

And yes you're very right- being a fan is not equal to emulating the people you're fans of. Notice however, I didn't really say that. Allow me to rephrase it a little: I merely suggested some fans could (should) draw inspiration from the fact Duff is not bothered by the name. Duff knows he owns a piece of the GnR name (in the fans' consciousness) without that little scrap of paper that Axl has. That's why he's at peace with it.

• Like 1

Nobody needs to mold their opinion around how Duff feels about it.

Shrinking crowds and a decreased interest in your music isn't success. Wiggle it any way you want but the record company knows it. Even Axl and TB know it since their only chance of making a profit is depending on South America tours.

19793684-3d-business-decline-graph-vecto

If those were your typical crowd numbers over the course of your career, you would be admitting a failure. With GNR though, you consider simply releasing an album with minimal profit a success. Or making minimal bank on a tour a success. When you have to lower the bar so low to define the current scenario as success, there isn't much rebuttal necessary.

Edited by Rustycage
  • Like 1

Stinson is a complete sell out. Nobody can now keep up the pretence that the guy has some 'punk rock' appeal. He is a joke.

Who are you to talk? Do you get to travel the world and do something you love AND get paid for it?

Except he does not love it. He admitted he hated GN'R in the '80s and '90s. So basically he plays a discography of a band he hates for the pay cheque. And he is always boozed up to hide the pain of being a sell out.

• Like 4

Except he does not love it. He admitted he hated GN'R in the '80s and '90s. So basically he plays a discography of a band he hates for the pay cheque. And he is always boozed up to hide the pain of being a sell out.

exactly..stinson is a fake sellout, johnny thunders wannabe...nice $1000 suits he wears...real punk ;)

• Like 1

I've said this before, but Duff has made comments aplenty about how he didn't agree with Axl using the name. People also forget though, that Duff and Axl and Izzy and Axl, etc, had a personal connection that went beyond the music. WE didn't. Good for Duff for not dwelling on something that's beyond his control and just making peace with it, as well as making peace with Axl.

People aren't so much bitter about the name. It's more about acknowledging how asinine it is to disguise yourself as something that you're clearly not, and then doing nothing to take it forward on top of that.

It's really a laughter inducing soap opera more than anything now :lol:

• Like 1

Actually, the whole band as it is constituted now is a bunch of complete sell-outs

• Like 1

If u mean riding someone elses success then...hmmm welll..We all know that GnR as a name is well known cause what those previous guys did back in the day (87-93)..

Edited by gunnari

Tommy doesn't like GNR at all

This is why i have zero respect for the guy

Anyway on topic: Duff get over the thing long time ago

It's their decisions and i beileve they make a good decision

Sometimes brandnames fucked up your whole life (see for example: Axl Rose)

I don't mind Axl using the name but if you have a name like Guns N' Roses put some records out (good) and quit the nostalgic trip..What we have today is tour after tour after tour and no new material released..1 album in 15+ years...My complain is how Axl treats the name <_<

• Like 1