Duff asked about Axl using the GnR name (video)

And yet.. given the whole amazing talent in the group.. not one song off of CD will be played on classic radio 25 years from now nor will it be played in Stadiums like AFD and UYI are. Kickoffs at NFL games play Welcome to the Jungle. Says everything you need to know about CD. Forgetable for the most part. Nothing enduring or really endearing about the music. CD is destined if it already hasnt been to be exactly like 99% of the music produced in this era: Disposable. But we all know that ..most of it has been out there for 10 years or more.

When did he supposedly get the integrity?

He isn't the creative mind behind the replacements.

But to answer your question, joining a band you admittedly hate for money is a prime example of selling out.

So does Tommy have no integrity because he plays the same sets over and over or because he joined GNR in the first place?

Tommy was the anti GnR back when he was in the 'Mats. His career was dead/he was destined to fade into obscurity when Axl came calling. He basically sad to hell with integrity.....and joined the enemy. And we now have Tommy $tin$on playing under the GnR banner/working as Axl Rose' bitch. I'd love to know Westerbergs honest opinion of Tommy working for Axl/TB.
Dude has bills to pay. It's not a big deal anymore than a regular person getting a job somewhere they hate.

He could be a session bassist - jimmy page was a session guitarist before the yardbirds and zeppelin - face it, he's just a sellout

What's the difference between session player and what he is in GNR? Session players often write and contribute to songs. But the Mats aren't even punk to begin with. They were punk in the same way the Green Day is punk.

And yet.. given the whole amazing talent in the group.. not one song off of CD will be played on classic radio 25 years from now nor will it be played in Stadiums like AFD and UYI are. Kickoffs at NFL games play Welcome to the Jungle. Says everything you need to know about CD. Forgetable for the most part. Nothing enduring or really endearing about the music. CD is destined if it already hasnt been to be exactly like 99% of the music produced in this era: Disposable. But we all know that ..most of it has been out there for 10 years or more.

Do you really think any of the songs on CD are made with sporting events in mind? That proves nothing. It isn't supposed to be AFD II, nor is it classic rock.

I am not upset about the name per se, as I am about Axl doing nothing with the name except reduce the name to a nostalgia circus, buming off of the old guys in turn. If this was what the purpose was, obtaining the name, all along then I would suggest it was a bad move. If Axl's version of GN'R had managed to establish their own legacy around 2001-02 and put ou tthe trilogy, I may be more supportive. I was actually quite supportive during that era (Rio 3 was very exciting) but how can I support a band who just play the old band's hits every year in Vegas? I cannot even respect a band such as this let alone support them.

Axl may as well reunite if it is just nostalgia and cash he is interested in. I thought he wanted to put out NIN influenced trilogies at one point, not snake dancing to a greatest hits set in Vegas dressed as David Crosby.

The reason I will slag people like Stinson off is, none of these guys have done anything but play the other's hits. One album in fifteen or so years of 'Nu' GN'R is a very poor return. They cannot seem to be able to get in a room together. Bumblefoot and Ashba are yet to still write together! Ashba has not even recorded as GN'R! Those are astonishing facts.

Nahh, some of you like your Vegas cheesy dick hits sets and I see you booking trips to Vegas, but - I just cannot understand this. I cannot respect this band in the slightest let alone support them and throw cash at them.

Ding ding ding, you got it.

I have never understood the Tommy Stinson worship, his big shining moment is you can actually hear him briefly on The Blues/Street Of Dreams...

I am not upset about the name per se, as I am about Axl doing nothing with the name except reduce the name to a nostalgia circus, buming off of the old guys in turn. If this was what the purpose was, obtaining the name, all along then I would suggest it was a bad move. If Axl's version of GN'R had managed to establish their own legacy around 2001-02 and put ou tthe trilogy, I may be more supportive. I was actually quite supportive during that era (Rio 3 was very exciting) but how can I support a band who just play the old band's hits every year in Vegas? I cannot even respect a band such as this let alone support them.

Axl may as well reunite if it is just nostalgia and cash he is interested in. I thought he wanted to put out NIN influenced trilogies at one point, not snake dancing to a greatest hits set in Vegas dressed as David Crosby.

The reason I will slag people like Stinson off is, none of these guys have done anything but play the other's hits. One album in fifteen or so years of 'Nu' GN'R is a very poor return. They cannot seem to be able to get in a room together. Bumblefoot and Ashba are yet to still write together! Ashba has not even recorded as GN'R! Those are astonishing facts.

Nahh, some of you like your Vegas cheesy dick hits sets and I see you booking trips to Vegas, but - I just cannot understand this. I cannot respect this band in the slightest let alone support them and throw cash at them.

SNAP!

Duff is shit and I will not waste minutes of my life watching his opinion.

Agreed. It's not like Tommy makes a living mimicking note-for-note the basslines Duff played 30 fucking years ago, something even a beginner bassist could do.

Tommy is featured on GNR most talented and complex album.

I didn't even notice.. there's bass on CD? Must be buried under all the shit noises.

Exactly

Great post, DD

This is pretty much all that needs to be said at this point. Well done

This is pretty much all that needs to be said at this point. Well done

It's the sad truth of current GnR :question: