How many people outside of this forum are anticipating a new nu-GNR album?

Guest Len B'stard

I don't know but i certainly don't. Mark my words it'll be the latter part of this decade if we do get one. And thats an if. It won't be long either til Axls too fat and old to do anything under the Guns banner. And you can say what you like about your Iggys and Jaggers but they hadn't showed serious signs of slowing down by Axls age so the comparison doesn't bear scrutiny. Micks pushing 70 and i reckon and he moves better than Axl.

Edited by sugaraylen

I don't really care if there isn't a consensus for a new GNR record, it's something I want.

It wouldn't sell spectacularly. In fact, it would probably sell considerably less than Chinese. Do I care? Not really.

A rock fan friend of mine came up to me and said "Hey did you know Guns n Roses plan to release a new album this year?"

for whatever thats worth

I don't believe that, because there's been no news of a new album at all.

There's been a lot of random media buzz for it. I mean of course it most likely won't happen (I expect a new album but not this year) but I can see where she got that from. Someone like Ashba or Fortus say they've been writing music and media outlets turn it into whatever they want it to be.

People love laughing at Axl.

Fixed it for you. And they've been loving it since the 90's.

The weight thing is definitely a big talking point.

I've yet to meet someone here in Ireland that likes Chinese Democracy. Plenty of fans of the old band knocking around. Axl is thoroughly disliked from my own encounters with GNR fans. Though he can still draw a couple of thousand to a gig here. I wouldn't say too many are anticipating a new album but if one drops it is guaranteed to get attention because of the name. The next album really needs a hit radio song.

I've yet to meet someone here in Ireland that likes Chinese Democracy. Plenty of fans of the old band knocking around. Axl is thoroughly disliked from my own encounters with GNR fans. Though he can still draw a couple of thousand to a gig here. I wouldn't say too many are anticipating a new album but if one drops it is guaranteed to get attention because of the name. The next album really needs a hit radio song.

Prepare them for Silkworms in 2018

reframe the question: how many outside of this forum give a shit if GNR is going to release another album? How many outside of this forum even know GNR is still a going concern?

perhaps the people in SA do... hard to say. Most people I discuss anything GNR with think it died a lonly death 20 years ago.

Part of the reason I first came to this forum, and still do, is because no one in my real life gives a shit about this band. Even my best friend, who I've dragged to many a concert and who was a Guns fan has lost complete interest.

Do people outside of here like what Axl has done to this band and enjoy CD? Probably. Are there people anxiously awaiting a new album? Probably. I just don't know any of them.