Do you, or have you ever known someone who you dislike in a way you think would relate to Axl's dislike towards Slash?

We've all known people we just don't like. And most of us have known people we deeply don't like or even hate. Question is... Have you ever known someone you hated in a way you would imagine how Axl feels towards Slash?

Is there anyone you would refuse millions of dollars to work with or be close to? To go against millions of people asking you to make peace with this person and fans who have supported you for years because of your deep distaste for this person? Could you imagine putting yourself in Axl's place?

For me?

No.

And that is not me trying to be "holier than though" or anything....I'm trying to live a different kinda life than most I think. Long time ago, I realized it takes "energy" to hate.

Ain't got the time or the spare energy to even entertain that thought.

With that said, I do think in some ways this feud gets a little overblown on this board. Some of you guys that are knee deep in this should look into some indie bands/punk rock bands/lesser known bands. Bands breaking up because the OG members started to hate each other is the norm.

Edited by SunnyDRE
  • Like 1

For me?

No.

And that is not me trying to be "holier than though" or anything....I'm trying to live a different kinda life than most I think. Long time ago, I realized it takes "energy" to hate.

Ain't got the time or the spare energy to even entertain that thought.

With that said, I do think in some ways this feud gets a little overblown on this board. Some of you guys that are knee deep in this should look into some indie bands/punk rock bands/lesser known bands. Bands breaking up because the OG members started to hate each other is the norm.

I strongly, strongly agree with the bulk of this. And only slightly disagree with the latter.

Band members growing apart/disliking each other to the point it's time to cut tides? Oh yeah, that's the norm.

The deep, venomous, impentrable hatred Axl seems to harbor towards Slash? I can't really think of many feuds that run that deep. You'd think Slash mass ass raped everybody Axl ever held near and dear to him or something.

Yes I do. A coworker betrayed me in a very hurtful way that was devastating both personally and professionally. Her recent departure has not brought any real peace either. I may not have had millions of dollars at stake but as a critical care nurse not being able to count on someone when a child's life is at stake is a horrible feeling.

• Like 1

No, I'm not insane.

I do think that what Axl said in that letter to the HoF "people get divorced" is very true. Axl and Slash couldn't work together anymore, it doesn't matter how it happened, it just did. Axl is doing what he wants on his end and Slash on his. End of story.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

Yes and no, if i dwelt on it I'm sure it'd develop because I'm very vindictive but at the same time it doesn't make me feel good in and of myself to do that so i just tend to resign myself to 'oh well, fuck em then' and just stick to my lane. If you truly dislike something, like something turns you off, you just want nothing to do with it right? Like someone brings you over a plate of something that repulses you to your core, you don't wanna sit there considering how much it makes your gullet spasm, you just want it away from you, you have an aversion to it, like the opposite of a magnetic attraction, it don't make sense that you'd cling to it and let it define you because that just shows like one of those love hate things, a 'doth protest too much' kinda scenario. I suppose it's kinda difficult if you're married to them on some level as Axl is with Slash.

For a year I could work with someone for millions of dollars. If I was broke. But give me 200 mil then all of a sudden I wouldn't. Funny that.

I think this. There are a couple of people I would pretty much blank if I met them but I would consider getting over it for a few mil. Like wasted said if I was already a multi millionaire I would probably laugh at the suggestion that I have anything to do with them.

No, I'm not insane.

I do think that what Axl said in that letter to the HoF "people get divorced" is very true. Axl and Slash couldn't work together anymore, it doesn't matter how it happened, it just did. Axl is doing what he wants on his end and Slash on his. End of story.

It's just a bit odd that pretty much everyone seems to get along with Slash and make music with him.... Maybe he's just a bad person (cancer) to Axl.

Yes. No hatred for them, but there are a few I have cut off and there is nobody that can make me get over it or be friends again. I'm not mad or holding a grudge, I just don't want to fuck with them and want no part of them. I put a lot of stock in loyalty and having heart, show me you aren't down with me or turn on me, and I have no reason to be around you. I just wash my hands of you, done. Now I'm not rich, so I can't lie, for some millions of dollars I could probably get over it for a little while. But if I was already rich like Axl with big bank, yeah I can see myself saying keep your money.

Edited by J Dog

We've all known people we just don't like. And most of us have known people we deeply don't like or even hate. Question is... Have you ever known someone you hated in a way you would imagine how Axl feels towards Slash?

Is there anyone you would refuse millions of dollars to work with or be close to? To go against millions of people asking you to make peace with this person and fans who have supported you for years because of your deep distaste for this person? Could you imagine putting yourself in Axl's place?

Yep.

I have a couple of people that I considered to be damn near family at one point that I will never speak to again.

Sure, there are people who have hurt me deeply, who I feel have betrayed me, and I have cut them out of my life.

Then again, these people have never made a sincere and honest effort to clear the air, explain themselves and apologize. If they tried at least, maybe my feelings would change. I would give anyone that opportunity. Life is too short to be bitter and hold grudges. I learned that lesson when one person tried to make amends, but it was more self-serving and for their own peace of mind than my own. Unfortunately they wound up dying with a lot of regrets.

Edited by Patience 4 Axl

notice how those people that counter and pressure Axl are cut out of his life? Notice that left to his own devises we get years and years of waiting for any new music? any validity of GNR being an entitiy of going concern gets shot to hell because obviously GNR has gone no where and done very little since. Hate has its place I guess in that world.. but seems to me there was a time when music actually got written and produced and released.

for me i cant relate to that kind of hate. I have had to let people go because they were emotional blackholes sucking the life energy out of the relationship. Because they took far more than they gave. Ive had to kick people out of my life for being thieves and leeches because they were all about theirselves. But navigating my life with a vendetta or a fight that never gets resolved and becomes a pissing contest..naw I simply dont allow for it.

I can think of about three people that I can safely say I thoroughly despise, but not to the point that I have to hide behind other people if they are around or alter my plans if they happen to be in the same place.

I also don't talk about them 24/7, call them a cancer, blame them for my own failings or cut out mutual friends from my life.

Then again, I'm not mental.

• Like 1

I can think of about three people that I can safely say I thoroughly despise, but not to the point that I have to hide behind other people if they are around or alter my plans if they happen to be in the same place.

I also don't talk about them 24/7, call them a cancer, blame them for my own failings or cut out mutual friends from my life.

Then again, I'm not mental.

If Axl does have a mental issue then it's not really 100% his fault. People are damn harsh on Axl personally. Like they know him or what happened with Slash or anyone else he cut off from his life. It's not really constructive imo.

Musically speaking sure. Even then though, we don't know enough about the reasons of why shit went down the way it did.

It's not like Axl shared a lot of info about the inner workings of Gn'R. Perhaps one day Axl will decide to share enough so we can really know both sides of it.

Edited by Rovim

Sure, we all have people we don't like.

Hate? Naw. Life is too short, and nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes. So I don't hate anybody.

And if somebody I didn't like came to my house to talk about our issues, I damn sure would be man enough to sit down face-to-face with them. I wouldn't send my mom out to protect me and shoo them away. What a humiliating moment that has to be for Axl now.